FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fursuits

pampoon
wikipedia wrote:
Fursuits are animal costumes associated with certain subgroups of furry fandom. They range from simple tails and ears to full costumes cooled by battery-powered fans.[1] Similar to mascot suits, they allow the wearer to adopt another personality while in costume. Owners can spend less than one-hundred to many thousands of dollars on one fursuit, depending on complexity and materials used[2]. Frequently these items are sold at conventions, or online by either commission or auction. Many furry fans make their own using online tutorials or advice from newsgroups. Due to the delicate nature of these costumes, many require special handling while washing. The term "fursuit" was coined in 1993 by Robert King.[3]

www.wikipedia.org

I think these people are a bit too obsessed with their pets. They spend all that time making the suits instead of working or doing something with their lives.

I don't know how we got onto this topic in the IRC, but oh well Rolling Eyes .

God bless,
Pampoon
Arnie
I know exactly how we got there:
Quote:
[23:15] <Tobias> Why does eggdrop make me think of eggnog...
[23:15] <Arnie|> lol
[23:16] <Arnie|> it makes me think of some fat idiot dressed like a chicken
Wink

(Eggdrop being the name of Rvec's IRC bot)
ocalhoun
pampoon wrote:

I think these people are a bit too obsessed with their pets.

Obsessed with their pets? No. They want to be their pets. Wearing a fursuit is the closest they can currently come to transforming into their animal of choice.

Kudos to them for making use of what little morphilogical freedom they have.
brucedes
Hmm...I'll have to be careful here not to anger anyone....

I personally feel a bit uncomfortable with fursuits and the furry subculture, simply because I sense distinct sexual undertones in some of it which seems quite weird to me. That being said, I would never try to stop someone being a furry, as it's their choice, and I respect that they found this manner of output.