FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Claymore

carlokes
Hi there everyone,

Claymore is a new anime around town which, in my opinium looks promising.
The anime data and description can be seen at http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4892

I have seen 2 episodes so far and the quality is also pretty good. Don't know if exists a manga but the anime had a nice start.

What do you guys think?

Stay Cool !!
PennyCopper
!!!

I've been keeping up with the Manga for a while now. They just released volume 7 domestically, through Viz's Shonen Jump Advanced line.

It's an interesting series so far, and the style is really delicate and different than a lot of what's out there.

I had no idea there was an anime based on it!
driftingfe3s
I watched the first episode a week or two ago. I found it pretty interesting. I hope it stays that way through out the series.

Thanks for the manga info PennyCopper, I may just pick up the manga as well.
Tex_Arcana
I've seen the first too episodes of Claymore as well. It's definately one of the new series I'm keeping an eye on.

Others are Darker Then Black, Murder Princess, and Rocket Girls. Don't ask me why for the last two, not really my thing, and I've only seen one ep of those. They just caught my eye.
RubySlasher
It looks interesting. Since there is a manga translation, I might as well buy a few novels. X3
Revvion
Seen 3 episodes do far and it looks really good,
gducnguyen
driftingfe3s wrote:
I watched the first episode a week or two ago. I found it pretty interesting. I hope it stays that way through out the series.

Thanks for the manga info PennyCopper, I may just pick up the manga as well.

I don't think so.
Scaramanga
Tex_Arcana wrote:
I've seen the first too episodes of Claymore as well. It's definately one of the new series I'm keeping an eye on.

Others are Darker Then Black, Murder Princess, and Rocket Girls. Don't ask me why for the last two, not really my thing, and I've only seen one ep of those. They just caught my eye.

Haven't heard of Rocket Girls, who's doing that?

As for Claymore, while the animation is very good, the story itself is pretty bland and cliche. Hell, after the first 5 minutes of the 1st ep, I could predict what would happen by the end, and sure enough I was spot on.
Punya
The strange thing about Claymore anime is that often the music doesn't match the actual situation... at least, imo. Anyway, looks like a promising serie, expecially considering the manga is pretty good.

~Punya
kitsune-fansub
I am following this liven up and am liking very, also I recommend for that like fight with much drama.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
this is very good!!
PennyCopper
Scaramanga wrote:
Tex_Arcana wrote:

Haven't heard of Rocket Girls, who's doing that?

As for Claymore, while the animation is very good, the story itself is pretty bland and cliche. Hell, after the first 5 minutes of the 1st ep, I could predict what would happen by the end, and sure enough I was spot on.

It gets better. Promise. They're still just setting everything up, and you need to wait until they start introducing the other Claymores. (Though anyone familiar with Bleach will be reminded of Hollows and Ichigo's current situation in the anime.)

I'm in total agreement with the soundtrack, though. What were they thinking?? That theme song is terrible.
arathom
So far, Claymore has something very similar to Berserk (monster fighting monster). I like both the anime and the manga (paper). There is details and good quality. It is well drawn. There is a storyline which is intersting.

There is one episod on the anime each week and as far as I know for the manga, there are 12 volumes published.
carlokes
arathom wrote:
So far, Claymore has something very similar to Berserk (monster fighting monster). I like both the anime and the manga (paper). There is details and good quality. It is well drawn. There is a storyline which is intersting.

There is one episod on the anime each week and as far as I know for the manga, there are 12 volumes published.

Hi there everyone,

I have seen all the episode until now and I have to admit that I am really enjoying this serie and it also reminds me of Berserk (except the anime of Berserk was all like a flashback while this one, although it has also flashbacks to explain how things arrived to the point the serie is in, they didn't extend through the whole anime). The action scenes are pretty good actually (imo of course) and the story, has said before, is pretty decent. I think it really worths the time lost watching it.

Uber recommend for everyone that likes animes with great sword fights, that has demons and that remind the medieval times.

Stay Cool !!
ovg8
Haven't seen the anime but read the manga the arts okay but i dont really like realistic manga also the hands are way to big. Weird.
positive_vibes
this is another anime i really hope gets a new season soon. it stopped right when it got really good. cant wait to see where things go with the 'dwellers of the deep'.
jigoku05
The anime is so faithful to the manga until upto the last 4 episodes where they made their own story. I don't know how can they get back to the manga's storyline if ever they decided to make a second season.

I highly recommend this anime and the manga is absolutely a must read.