FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

two domains to one

Peterssidan
If I have two different hosts. one that I reach with www.domain1.net and another www.domain2.net. can I make so it look like everything is on the same host. only using domain1 and never see domain2.

example: www.domain1.net/folder/ will show the content of www.domain2.net but it will look like it is in the www.domain1.net/folder/.
tidruG
It's definitely possible.
I think you need to write some sort of re-direct or mod_rewrite or something in your .htaccess
However, I'm not aware of how to do it.
swizzy
its very easy using mod_rewrite...

i can get it done for. pls pm me AND post in marketplace if you want it done
Peterssidan
I don't have that domian yet but I only plan so I have to know whats possible. I thought that mod rewrite only could refer to things at the same server? I'm beginner with mod rewrite and I have only used it to make some php urls cleaner so I don't know the possibilitys yet.

Sounds great that you can use mod rewrite for this. I will try it out. Don't know exactly how though.
shoes22
What you can do is enable url masking...so users of one domain that redirects can still see the same domain.
pashmina
Can this be done by just parking the domain name to a specific folder in the cPanel?
Aredon
you could always use a frame on domain1 to show something from domain2 while keeping the url address as domain1.com/whatever
Sort of like .tk sites do. Probubly the easiest way to do it if I understand what you are asking.
Peterssidan
Aredon, frames is not good for seo and will be clumsy if I want to show different urls for each page.

One thing I have thinked about is to have a php page at the host that uses the domain and load the page into that page. I think it would work but I have thought about the bandwith.. If the server load the page and after that it sends it I have to use the dubble bandwith. is that right?