FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Psychological impact on healing

dwinton
While psychological impact is not nearly as cool as that of asteroids with the earth, it can have a huge effect on the healing process. I personally have heard many people swear by Airbornes as an effective preventer of colds and other unpleasant illnesses (as opposed to the pleasant ones). An article in January's Scientific American as well as numerous blogs have discredited the Airborne as an actual cure and suggested that it might even make you sick from the high level of vitamin A present within it. I wonder if the people who swear by it have been lucky or if their belief that they would not get sick has helped them.

This reminded me of a test performed on prayer helping people to be healed. If the patient did not know he was being prayed for it had no effect; however, when the patient was religious and knew he was being prayed for he had significantly better odds of being healed.

So I pose the question to you, frihost subscribers, what effect do you believe psychological involvement has on the healing process?