FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hosting

ssthanapati
Hiiiii

currently i am hosting a site for students in frihost. Its kinda becoming difficult to maintain the minimum amount of points to keep the site running as i am also a student and have a lot of studies, so very little spare time. I was wondering if there could be any other alternative like i put ur ad in d site or smethin so that i have 2 concentrate less on maintainin d points
ocalhoun
Sounds reasonable, but almost certain to never happen.
There are plenty of other hosting sites that will host a website in exchange for ads on that site, no pressing need to implement that here.
orno
agreed
the idea of frihost was to be adless, free, posting-supported hosting, and thats what it will always remain (i hope!)
ssthanapati
well i respect the idea but at the same time it can be a good option for others. Anyhow it will be completely different though cause other sites forcefully place an ad, even if u didn't ask for it
Scorpio
Not to be offensive, but this has been discussed before
and the answers were given
Not to suggest wrote:

3) Advertise with pop-ups.
4) Putting a banner on your websites.
garionw
and even then, You'll only be allowed if you've got a popular website.

its no good Bondings putting ads on your site if it records 2 unique visitors a week? How will he control his even alien empire if he's got no money because all of the ads are on dead sites?
Bondings
Frihost provides free hosting in return for being active on these forums. Ad-supported free hosting is a completely different service, which we will most likely never be providing on Frihost.

So if you are interested in ad-supported hosting, I would suggest you take a look at http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/ .
ssthanapati
Bondings wrote:
Frihost provides free hosting in return for being active on these forums. Ad-supported free hosting is a completely different service, which we will most likely never be providing on Frihost.

So if you are interested in ad-supported hosting, I would suggest you take a look at http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/ .

Well I respect ur policies, but i was just looking for a possibility. Moreover right now its not feasible 2 move d content as people have come 2 kno about it. I guess i have 2 stick with it
Azmo
Just thinking, like 50% of my posts gives me 4 points each, and I dont think I write that much, 4 points = 4 days.. when you have time.. write a few real quality posts here and you will have points for like 2 weeks... I'm kinda bissi too, working alot, first daytime job to keep myself living and paying rent.. then I'll start my webdesign job when I get home from work.. means that I work pretty much from 7 in the morning til midnight.. and I still feal that I have some time posting on this forum.. takes like 5 minutes to find an interesting topic and write a quality answer that gives you 4 points..

anyways.. GL with everything, hope you'll sort it out. don't you have a little brother or something that you can force making some posts for you? Smile
ssthanapati
Azmo wrote:
don't you have a little brother or something that you can force making some posts for you? Smile

i dont and thats d prob. Neway have 2 manage it smehow i guess.
MadeinIndia
Time is not an excuse. All it takes is a few minutes every week to maintain your points! I have a slowly becoming popular website and inspite of me able to afford a paid host, I just love the community here that nothing can drag me from Frihost!

In fact, My site being a photo site, I have divided my site into 2 parts, .com and .net and all my pictures are hosted in .net which belongs to another host where I pay as I obviously require more space for the pictures. But my main home page and other main city sections will always be hosted here and I participate here more for the joy of being able to communicate with other people and exchanging ideas, etc.

Hosting your site here in Frihost is equivalent to hundreds of dollars of free adwords spending as you get more mileage to your site here than anywhere else! So I suggest you take out the time to maintain your points as being here on Frihost will bring your site more users than anywhere else.