FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unreal Tournament 3 /UT2007 news/info?

Sneemaster
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the new UT 3 game coming out? Does anyone know when it is supposed to be released? What are the hardware requirements? What is the Engine going to be? How about gameplay? Any Beta's come out yet? Screenshots? I really enjoyed UT2004 and was hoping this new game comes out better.
Agent ME
All I know is that it's also going to be available on the Xbox 360, and they're trying to see if they can get user created content onto the 360 version (you'd make the maps/mods on a pc and transfer them over - I don't think any other recent console game has done this).

Anyway judging by their site there hasn't been much said.
JinTenshi
From past rumours, there was a time when it was said that UT 2007 was going to be the first game launched along with the PS3. But now, I wonder what happened. UT is indeed a great game, played UT Classic, UT 2000 and UT 2004. Loved them all.
Agent ME
Whatever happened to Unreal 3? Not Unreal Tournament 3, but just Unreal 3. Like the sequel to Unreal 2.
Unreal 2 was a fun game and its online was too (it's online is dead now - no one plays it - epic really failed at advertising the free online expansion). Is Unreal 3 dead or put on hold 'til Unreal Tournament 3?
Sneemaster
Well the one good thing I heard is that they are going to have a real Single Player campaign instead of the lame Ladder matches like in UT2004. Plus I think they revamped some of the game types. They removed some games and added others, but Onslaught will still be there. I hope they have more Space combat action...
achowles
What I want to know is why are they calling it Unreal Tournament 3? It's the forth game in the series! Are they just hoping that we'll forget about 2003?

From what I've heard they're expanding onslaught to be a massive online war fought for days on end with players coming and going. Beyond that there is a whole new alien set of vehicles to counter the 2004 set and some tweaks to that set also.

I just hope that they keep a lot of smaller maps in there too like they did with 2004.

Oh, and it's probably going to be Vista only. :<
Osmodius
achowles wrote:
What I want to know is why are they calling it Unreal Tournament 3? It's the forth game in the series! Are they just hoping that we'll forget about 2003?

From what I've heard they're expanding onslaught to be a massive online war fought for days on end with players coming and going. Beyond that there is a whole new alien set of vehicles to counter the 2004 set and some tweaks to that set also.

I just hope that they keep a lot of smaller maps in there too like they did with 2004.

Oh, and it's probably going to be Vista only. :<

They consider Unreal Tournament and the GotY edition to be the "first series" and UT2k3+UT2k4 to be the second.

Also it's probably not going to be Vista only, as Unreal Engine 3 was designed to work with DX9. From a technical standpoint there is no reason to limit UT3 to working with Vista only, and it wouldn't be a smart economic move.
PseudoKnight
To answer a few questions...

Not vista only.
No solid release date.
UT2004 was not a full sequel.
No public beta.
There are lots of screenshots and videos available online.
Gameplay is supposed to be a blend between the original, UT2004, and with some new stuff thrown in.
Hardware requirements aren't listed yet, but expect them to be as high as any other modern PC FPS. The closest currently released game is Rainbow Six: Vegas but it's a little buggy.
I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember the single player campaign of Unreal 2 is being merged into Unreal Tournament 3 instead of continuing the split.
Patriot Players
Vista only? That would be silly there are tons of people who are still on XP and wont be moving to Vista for some time. That would cut off a ton of their possible market, and would generally be a bad thing for their bottom line. I think it will be a while before we start seeing games that require Windows Vista to play.
Osmodius
Patriot Players wrote:
Vista only? That would be silly there are tons of people who are still on XP and wont be moving to Vista for some time. That would cut off a ton of their possible market, and would generally be a bad thing for their bottom line. I think it will be a while before we start seeing games that require Windows Vista to play.

Excluding games by Microsoft Studios, of course.
spykE
Well I'm thinking the same here. We don't hear much at the moment about the upcoming UT2007 or its called UT3 now, not? I thought there was going to be a demo soon..