FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IRC Channel Record Broken!

hack_man_
Toady at the time of posting, FriHost broke it's record of Most Users Online by getting a total of 5 users! *woo*

We had:
@Tobias
@Vrythramax
hack_man_
Hogwarts'
Rvec

Let's get some more people!
Vrythramax
It's only going to get better!

I a re-wroking another verion of my Dalnet services scipt to make it much easier for those of you new (to IRC that is) to utilize all of thier resources.

I hope you will all enjoy Smile
pampoon
Ha, and this is all because I decided to bump the topic Very Happy

http://frihost-chat.uni.cc

Everyone use that link until someone finds something better. I'm sure max is working on it.

God bless,
Pampoon
Vrythramax
Indeed I am Smile

I most certainly am working at it, the Dalnet server is indeed running and I made a mIRC (ONLY) addon for ease of use with Dal Services.
It an be downloaed at any of the links listesed below, but you MUST read the readme.txt file before intallation. Download sites are as follows:

http://kenshi.net/dalnet.zip

http://vrythramax.frih.net/dalnet.zip

http://vrythramax2.frih.net/dalnet.zip

It's only about 28kb, so it shouldn't take long, and will be helpful.

I hope you enjoy !If allowed we will encompass other networks, either I, or someone else will provide the needed scripting.

Max
Arnie
Is it the same old channel on Dalnet again? Happy idling everyone.. maybe I should let my bot-in-development loose?
Seiji
I never knew there was a chat for frihost. I'll be sure to visit for a couple of minutes.
rvec
you should ask permission for the bot on the serverops channel. And here to some admins.

Quote:
I most certainly am working at it, the Dalnet server is indeed running and I made a mIRC (ONLY) addon for ease of use with Dal Services.

So what does it do?
Vrythramax
rvec wrote:
you should ask permission for the bot on the serverops channel. And here to some admins.

Quote:

So what does it do?

hold your horses, I said I was an admin for them.....I work for Frihost now. if you ned further in simply install mIRC, download the addon an follow the intrsuctions in the "reame.text" fille, and I think you question would be answered.....if not, PM me.
Vrythramax
the irc channel as it stands amount to shiite.

Only lurkers who don't respond.

Please Bondings let me handle this.
Droop
woot woot, that's some good suff to hear lol keep up the good work!!! happy posting!!
Hogwarts
Vrythramax wrote:

Hehe... Yes, lurkers.
I'm generally around half the time Smile

Also, if any of you are wondering about Max's script, it's great!

It makes doing chanserv, nickserv, etc. operations a breeze!

Possibly one of the most useful mIRC plugins you'll ever use!

Kudos to Max Smile
rvec
Quote:

You talk like you've never been on irc.
Have you never seen channels where you have to wait more than 5 minutes to get an answer?
Where people idle even if they are actually asleep?

I know you should have becouse you where an admin....

Quote:
hold your horses, I said I was an admin for them.....I work for Frihost now. if you ned further in simply install mIRC, download the addon an follow the intrsuctions in the "reame.text" fille, and I think you question would be answered.....if not, PM me.

I just said you need to ask permission to the ircops and to frihost admins if you want to use a bot in this channel. And what your addon did.

So it does something with the services. You don't have to type /chanserv register .... .... but you can type a password and mail in a window or something?

Just asking...
Captain Fertile
I went but nobody there and the user interface wan't the most user friendly.

I'll keep trying from time to time of course, always afraid to miss out on something. Cool
Vrythramax
rvec wrote:
Quote:

You talk like you've never been on irc.
Have you never seen channels where you have to wait more than 5 minutes to get an answer?
Where people idle even if they are actually asleep?

I know you should have becouse you where an admin....

Quote:

I just said you need to ask permission to the ircops and to frihost admins if you want to use a bot in this channel. And what your addon did.

So it does something with the services. You don't have to type /chanserv register .... .... but you can type a password and mail in a window or something?

Just asking...

In short....yes, I have spent many hours waiting for people to respond....which also lead to my leaving Dalnet (and for you wannabes, I helped cowrite AdminServ....something many of which will never see). This is IRC people "Internet Relay Chat", not hang around while I take a nap.

sheesh.
rvec
if you want people to only chat, make a chat room not irc.
and the Internet was also meant for university's and governments but things change.
Arnie
I wonder what certain people are expecting of this channel. When you're starting with 5 people, how can you seriously demand constant activity? Removing idlers means the channel will be empty all the time, and when somebody joins he'll find himself alone and will probably leave right away.

We're not employees. IRC is supposed to be enjoyable, not work. And don't tell me that demanding activity is a condition for IRC to be enjoyable. It's rather wasting it.

I'm not mentioning any names, but whoever has negative feelings towards idlers I call to bring up some patience or otherwise stay away. The only reasonable demand that can be made, is that one should set his nick/status to away or something to indicate he's not around.
truespeed
I went in and it was empty,i think if you are to have a chatroom,you should have one where nobody has to download anything,also the one your using isnt very attractive,perhaps you could use a userplane chatroom or something instead.
Arnie
There's no way anyone can setup a chatroom that doesn't require a download. If only it's an HTML page, you will always have to download something. http://frihost.echogames.net is web-based, if that's what you mean.
truespeed
Ok i tried it again and this time i managed to connect,its not so bad i suppose,there were four ppl in but nobody chatting,i guess if more start using it it will be alright.
Arnie
I was just too late to talk back to you. Come back after your chickens are finished Wink
pampoon
Okay, since there is so much complaining about the IRC, I decided to try something new.

A while back, I found a cat program called Chatzy. It's not very advanced at all, but the use of it is mainly for forum RPGs that want more interactivity. So, for all those who complain about the IRC being too slow or empty, try this:

[url](removed)[/url]

(Maybe the IRC was better left forgotten Rolling Eyes )

God bless,
Pampoon
Arnie
The above link does not go to the IRC chatbox that already exists for some time. It's a new, different one. Please everyone, if you're going to join a chatbox, join both or just the IRC one. We have to maintain 1 central chatbox and not 2.
rvec
Can some admin here tell us if an IRC bot is allowed?
It has been said a couple of times on the channel but since there is no op/admin/mod in there I ask here.

If frihost staff allows the bot i'll go ask some Dalnet Admin.
Hogwarts
Record broken, again!

This time it was:
Arnie|
NAJohnson
pampoon
physk
Rvec
Tobias - Aka me.

Congratulations Smile

If we get two more people right now - We can break it again! (Physk just left Sad _
Arnie
Hey that's Arnie, the only reason my nick is Arnie| is because somebody already registered my nick on Dalnet Crying or Very sad

Good thing though to know who Tobias "really" is Wink
LovE-RicH
LOL, do these chatrooms ever get a life on sites with forums?
I haven't seen one like that yet.
rvec
getting up at the moment
m00tmuffin
Oh--neat! I didn't even know that a Frihost IRC channel existed. I'll have to check it out tomorrow after I get this schoolwork done. I'm excited! Very Happy
Vrythramax
Hogwarts wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Hehe... Yes, lurkers.
I'm generally around half the time Smile

Also, if any of you are wondering about Max's script, it's great!

It makes doing chanserv, nickserv, etc. operations a breeze!

Possibly one of the most useful mIRC plugins you'll ever use!

Kudos to Max Smile

Thank you Smile

*max bows humbly*

I actually wrote that last year, I am now writting a full-featured client that uses mirc for FriHost......stay tuned.

BTW...the record is 7, set earlier today Wink
rvec
rvec wrote:
It has been said a couple of times on the channel but since there is no op/admin/mod in there I ask here.

Vrythramax or some other admin mod maybe?
Vrythramax
rvec wrote:
rvec wrote:

Vrythramax or some other admin mod maybe?

I am not an admin, but I can tell you that bots are not allowed on Dalnet, if you plan to use a bot you should first seek the permission from the Admin on Dal.

If you had read the MOTD on Dal you would already known this.
Hogwarts
I'm shocked Max, you were wrong! I'm shocked Rvec, you were wrong! I'm shocked... I was wrong!

It's not in the MOTD. It is in the MOTD.

It depends on the server to which you are connecting.

Link: http://docs.dal.net/docs/botfaq.html#3

We were all wrong, so I hope none of us shall hold grudges!
rvec
Me wrong Surprised
http://help.dal.net/faqs/Botsallowed.txt
my bot would only connect to those where it is allowed.
Like i didn't know Cool
Just waiting for admin approval.
Vrythramax
I was not wrong....read this from your link:

Quote:
6 May I put a bot up, and leave it there indefinitely?

Servers which allow bots will let you run a bot there as long as you want, provided it's not engaged in malicious behavior. If you are approached by an IRC Operator of the server which is running your bot and are asked to remove the bot, please do so.

from your link, you didn't read far enough.
rvec
so we where both right
just waiting for some admin to say the same and we can unleash the beast.