FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

BHSDKP
Have you seen it yet? and what is your opinion on it? Did you enjoy it, and what was your favorite thing about it?

Personally, this is one of my all time favorite animes. It had commedy, drama and really cute anime girls.

I finshed the series a while back, and when I heard that season two was scheduled to be released sometime around August, I was quite overjoyed.
driftingfe3s
If there really is a second season comming, I'm stoked. It seems there is no real offical announcment on it yet. THe last I heard it will come out in the fall.

The first season was really good. I even liked how the episodes came out not in sequence. It made the series even more interesting.
Qube
I knew they were getting ready to release stateside, had no idea a 2nd season is coming out.
Just hearing that is getting me amped.
This is quite possibly my favorite anime out there.
The only other 1 that could beat it is Azumanga.
But then again, who doesn't love Chiyo-chan? Rolling Eyes
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
If there really is a second season comming, I'm stoked. It seems there is no real offical announcment on it yet. THe last I heard it will come out in the fall.

There's been confirmation.

driftingfe3s wrote:
The first season was really good. I even liked how the episodes came out not in sequence. It made the series even more interesting.

Yeah except the episodes on the DVDs were released in chronological order, not Haruhi order, which kind of bites. I hear the R1 release will be the same way, but will at least have the original introductions with Kyon/Haruhi intact so that you may watch them in their original broadcast order.
BHSDKP
Yeah, unfortunately, it is going to be released in the U.S., which means, it will become licensed and it will be...dare I say it...DUBBED...O_O

This thought scares me very much. I am in constant wonder as to how they are going to do episode 12 when Haruhi sings....Dear God...I truly do hope they do not DUB the song. In a sense, it will be murder.
Kanoga
BHSDKP wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately, it is going to be released in the U.S., which means, it will become licensed and it will be...dare I say it...DUBBED...O_O

This thought scares me very much. I am in constant wonder as to how they are going to do episode 12 when Haruhi sings....Dear God...I truly do hope they do not DUB the song. In a sense, it will be murder.

http://asosbrigade.com It's really not as bad as you think.
It's worthy of being compared to the FLCL dub.
Pikokola
Ya.. Haruhi-Sama ... ^^

It's mentioned somewhere that ther, in Japan, there's one grup that called Haruhi-ism, Yap, like a.. secte (er...) that poin Haruhi as their "God

anyway, I f you watch the anime from episode 1 then episode 2, and 3, 4 ,5 and so, You maybe will get lost somewhere ^^, Don't know why, but it's happened to me. Any suggestion?
Tex_Arcana
BHSDKP wrote:

Is dubbing really such a big deal? After all this is the 21st century and not the early days of anime imports when you only had the choice of buying the dubbed VHS or the (often harder to find) subbed VHS, or even worse just watching how some companies chopped and dubbed an anime to make it more acceptable for kids programming on TV (there were many horrors in the early days of anime fandom).

Now we have DVD's that have both the dubbed and subbed versions and you can watch just one version or both. Personally I prefer watching both, especially for a comedy title. Take Excel Saga, ADV did a really good job on that. Where the sub varied from the dub it was close with the variations resulting from an artistic match of dialog and lip syncing and to make things more relavent to an english speaking audiance (one I remember was the use of Jennifer Love Hewitts name instead of the name of a Japanese singing idol).

Anyway, I would think that dubbing should be a none issue since you can ignore the dubbed version (except on TV like Adult Swim). Besides, American voice actors need work too (he says from Houston, Tx., home of ADV).
BHSDKP
Well, I admit, there are some anime's that have acually good dubbing, and i don't mind watching it. I wouldn't really mind if they dubbed Haruhi either, it is just my worries about episode 12. Dubbing an anime is one thing, dubbing a song is another.

Oh, and Pikokola, there are two ways in which you can watch it. You can watch it anachronically or chronologically

Mikuru Asahina's Adventure Episode 00
朝比奈ミクルの冒険 Episode 00
Asahina Mikuru no bouken Episode 00

Chronologically, this is the 11th episode.
This is an amateur video made by the main characters later in the series

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱I
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu I

Chronologically, this is the 1st episode
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 II
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu II

Chronologically, this is the 2nd episode
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
涼宮ハルヒの退屈
Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu

Chronologically, this is the 7th episode
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 III
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu III

Chronologically, this is the 3rd episode
Remote Island Syndrome (Part 1)
kotou shoukougun (zenpen)
孤島症候群(前編)

Chronologically, this is the 9th episode
Mysterique Sign
ミステリックサイン
Mysterique sign

Chronologically, this is the 8th episode
Remote Island Syndrome (Part 2)
kotou shoukougun (kouhen)
孤島症候群(後編)

Chronologically, this is the 10th episode
Someday In The Rain
サムデイ イン ザ レイン

Chronologically, this is the 14th episode
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱IV
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu IV

Chronologically, this is the 4th episode
The Day Of Sagittarius
射手座の日
Iteza no hi

Chronologically, this is the 13th episode
Live Alive
ライブアライブ

Chronologically, this is the 12th episode
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱Ⅴ
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu V

Chronologically, this is the 5th episode
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱Ⅵ
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu VI

Chronologically, this is the 6th episode
Chelissamow
I thought the series was quite funny. The shuffling of the episodes REALLY confused me though - especially the first episode. I was like 'WTH is this?!?' xD

I think I enjoyed watching Haruhi singing the most. Everything else didn't really... make sense. xD
Punya
An innovative serie with great animation and cast... episode 1 was pure genius, I rotfled a lot. Definitely worth watching.

~Punya
CMA
Not only a second season, but maybe even a third one might be released. A friend of mine got these 3 books recently, which I believe are an official thing, where the first book is the script for the first season. The other two are like a direct sequel to the events of the first book. Although, seeing as the 2nd and 3rd book are smaller than the first, they might merge them together on one season only.

By the way, I SUPPORT HARUHISM!! ALL HAIL HARUHI!! AND... STUFF!
Scaramanga
BHSDKP wrote:
Well, I admit, there are some anime's that have acually good dubbing, and i don't mind watching it. I wouldn't really mind if they dubbed Haruhi either, it is just my worries about episode 12. Dubbing an anime is one thing, dubbing a song is another.

But if they offer dub AND subtitles, who cares? I mean really, is it such a big deal?
Seiji
This series really became big. I tried to watch it and see what all the fuss was about it but just couldn't get into it. My friend told me if it didn't like it by now I would never like it. I'll probably continue on with the series and it will pick up.
jboy
Im from Norway, and I want to watch Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.
Is it any page I can watch it on??