FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Library for Internet/LAN data transmission

Arnie
For an experiment I'm looking for a basic, free (open source not required) Windows library (probably DLL) that enables me to send and receive data over a network connection. Encryption would be nice but is not required. Basically all I need is a library that I can call from my program, which will transfer a text string (or if it can send a file that's also fine).

Can anyone help me find this? I would like it as basic/simple as possible. I don't want it to require difficult coding. Preferably it's just one command where you specify: destination IP and port, and the data to transmit.

Or am I going to be better off just using winsock? I don't have any experience with networking yet, when it comes to programming.
qebab
I would read about sockets, were I you. I don't know them that well, but it sounds like that is what you need. Which language are you coding in? Most languages should have libraries or modules that makes using sockets really easy.
Arnie
The problem is I'm coding in a language which doesn't (Profan˛ 6.6) so I will need to call a DLL myself.
qebab
Ah, I'm sorry, then I'm of no help.