FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server slow

dule
i noticed that one of the server (dunno how to determine which one) is kinda slow. it sometimes just times me out, and sometimes loads the site elements pretty slow. in average, it needs like 5 seconds to even begin loading the page.

i am referring to the frihost speed as it was 2 years ago.. now is much slower i would say.
dule
reading the stickys i found out that i am on server 2.

anyone had similar problems? i hate waiting the server to respond > 5 seconds..

EDIT: u can see what i am talking about on server status, load avg. of server 2 is like 10 secs?
Bondings
There is currently a big backup being generated as something was wrong with the current setup. This is causing a high server load and sometimes slow websites (depending on your website html/php/mysql). This is exceptional and will only last a few hours.
dule
i'm just curious, how's that the load avg. of the server 2 is still like 10 times slower than server 1?
Bondings
There are still a few problems with it and I'm still working on it unfortunately.

Also, the server load isn't always indicative of the speed of the websites, especially if the load is caused by a completely different process. Sometimes the load is high, while the websites are loading normally - of course this isn't always the case.
gnomme
dule wrote:
reading the stickys i found out that i am on server 2.

anyone had similar problems? i hate waiting the server to respond > 5 seconds..

EDIT: u can see what i am talking about on server status, load avg. of server 2 is like 10 secs?

I am suffering the same for long time now.
I use a lot of mysql/php and my website are allways going down for small bits of time, but going down 3 in 5 times anyone tries to visit it.

Bondings - ->> I checked my site and replicate it on my home server. Here it works fine, so the problem is in frihost server 2.
I am in this family for quite 2 years now, but if this continue I am force to leave...with sorrow, of course. In the beguining this frihost service was wonderful, but now I am becoming crazy with this crashes. When my website does down I go sheck the server status and some times the apache are down for some seconds. maybe the problem are in it. I dont now...its strange.
tidruG
gnomme,
Please stop attempting to blackmail us with threatening to leave.
We know there's a problem with server 2. We are already doing what we can to try and fix it. If you keep posting new threads and new posts about it, you're just adding to the problem.
Try being a little patient.

dule,
The next time you create a thread, please be patient about it. No one is going to reply within 10 minutes of your posting it!
gnomme
tidruG wrote:
gnomme,
Please stop attempting to blackmail us with threatening to leave.
We know there's a problem with server 2. We are already doing what we can to try and fix it. If you keep posting new threads and new posts about it, you're just adding to the problem.
Try being a little patient.

dule,
The next time you create a thread, please be patient about it. No one is going to reply within 10 minutes of your posting it!

what?? What do you think I am?? Please take out what you wrote!!
I m not a blackmailer!! I m a serious person!!
If I have a website on a server witch is going down all the time what shoul I do??? Forced to leave!
I never make any treaths! You must ask for apologises!!
tidruG
I don't think so.
Look, I'll quote your last 2 posts:
Quote:
I am in this family for quite 2 years now, but if this continue I am force to leave...with sorrow, of course.

That was in this thread

Quote:
Sorry Bondings but when I register for a frih account you tell that we can have unlimited mysql databases...etc etc...bla bla bla...but its obvious that the server is overloaded and the quality of service is too poor these days.
I know its a free service, but the cliks on google ads exist for some reason. Upgrade de server.
My site is allways going down, and I am not the only one complayning. If this continues I am forced to leave, with pitty but what can I do?
the downtime and problems leave my site visitants away, with bad impression of my hard work
posted here

Those are your last 2 posts in English.

Look, all I'm saying is that we know that server 2 is a little slow now and then, and we're doing all we can. So let us work, and stop complaining all the time.
I'm not going to take back my comments, and I'm not going to apologize.
Have a nice day, and if you have any further comments about this, please contact me by PM.
mynameis
I too continuously have the same problem if my site does load its very slow but most of the time the connection has failed and I can't get anything at all..

It could probably be because I run my site using the E107 content management system, which is vast lots of PHP code, although, my site didn't used to do that and it was originally quite fast.

I apparently have a reported post due to a lack of "patience" - lol if that that anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure its not though

Post - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-70335.html

If it is a server problem, something thats not overly fixable then it would be nice for someone to point of ways that you could make my site faster maybe someone with experience using E107

(this is not a complaint!!)