FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Click to move, love it or hate it?

Click to move, love it or hate it?
Love it!
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Hate it!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Telnven
Just wondering about the click to move system in some RPGs and MMORPGs, I personally think that if you can only use this system it is really annoying.

What do you think?
Keran
Yea I don't like it too. I think it fits only for RTS games, in MMOs if it's Point and Click system the game loses on it's dynamics... I like the move system f.e WoW has, it's pretty much like a normal TPP, but it also sucks if you have lags...
Peterssidan
well the user should be abell to use the keyboard as well.
VG Wyvern
I like a mix between both the keyboard and the mouse.
I voted "love it" because of games like StarCraft. Haven't tried WoW yet. (Then again, I heard it was pretty addictive.)
Nutteloos
In some games this works very well. In others it doesn't. RTS games can't do without it, - ever seen a decent RTS on a console? - FPS can't do with it, and some RPG's work very well. Diablo II worked with just point and click, probably because of the fixed camera.

For RPG's it's probably best to give the user the choice. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Telnven
Nutteloos wrote:
In some games this works very well. In others it doesn't. RTS games can't do without it, - ever seen a decent RTS on a console? - FPS can't do with it, and some RPG's work very well. Diablo II worked with just point and click, probably because of the fixed camera.

For RPG's it's probably best to give the user the choice. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I agree that with a fixed camera it can be quite effective but I think that in a fully 3d world it doesn't work as well as using the mouse and keyboard to move,
Jakob [JaWGames]
Yes as said it is great in some games. Especially in those mindwrapping adventure games in which you almost only uses the mouse.
gtherockgod
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:
Yes as said it is great in some games. Especially in those mindwrapping adventure games in which you almost only uses the mouse.

I agree with you....I've always liked those point-and-click adventure games, they're fun- as long as they're original in plot.
Sparda
I do not like to only be able to move with the mouse click. I like to use the keyboard. Games where you can only move with the mouse, I would usually not play.