FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URGENT!

jarred89
Hello,

I just brought a Belkin USB wirless thing, and it has installed a utility thing where u put the settings in for the wireless network BUT i dont want to use it I would like to use the one microsoft has because its working and the other doesnt. So how can i disable the utilty from opening everytime the computer comes on or is there a thing i can do to disable the program. Also the utility changes the setting for the microsoft one not to work.
Can someone please help me?

Cheers,
Jarred
hack_man_
I had the same problem, here is how I solved it.

1. Uninstall the Belkin software, including the Drivers.
2. Restart your PC. (do so if it asks)
3. Plug the USB adapter back in and wait for the Found New Hardware Window to appear.
4. Once it has appeared, ask it to search the Belkin CD for drivers and install them; or find them manually, the driver files and folders are well labelled.
5. Use the Windows Zero Configuration (Win's wireless software, what you are looking for) for managing the connection.

It might be slightly different for your model, so Good Luck!
myrevolt
Another option (in the future and probably good idea to check anyway) is a program CodeStuff Starter although some may say that its just msconfig with a better GUI, it has several useful features for getting rid of those unnecessary start-up processes (how many times I have been asked to "fix" a slow computer and I see such things as tkbell.exe aka Real Media Player, when the user has never even heard of it)