FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PR 3! why?

nappa
I have curious about this. I'm was running a website call soccerinside.info, but right now the site in back to reconstruction for better marketing plan in the future. However after the site is down for a few months google has set the PR to 3.

I'd like the PR anyway, so it will be easily grow when the site is back in the business again. However I just want to know where the PR comes from.

I've submitted my site to many directories and trade some links, but google don't check the site that is under construction?
KMKM
Congrats!

This may be because of the backlinks you have received after submitting your site to directories and trading links.

I don't think for Google any sites are under construction or Completed LOL.
For Google they are simply web pages. Your page has back links that means good reputation for google. Thus you got a good PR there.

BTW if possible send me the list of directories you submitted to via PM or post here. Will be beneficial for all.

EnJoY your PR!

~KMKM
Hobbit
Some people buy links with PR, regardless of traffic. You might want to try to sell links, for real cash.
nappa
KMKM wrote:
Congrats!

This may be because of the backlinks you have received after submitting your site to directories and trading links.

I don't think for Google any sites are under construction or Completed LOL.
For Google they are simply web pages. Your page has back links that means good reputation for google. Thus you got a good PR there.

BTW if possible send me the list of directories you submitted to via PM or post here. Will be beneficial for all.

EnJoY your PR!

~KMKM

sorry I've lost the list of those directories, since it's been a while.
littlegiant
This is entirely speculation on my part but I've always firmly believed that search engines will actually look for the text string "under construction" and if it doesn't match the rest of your site's content (e.g., your site is actually about the construction business or something like that) then they will flag your site as being under construction and you may rank lower (or not at all) because of it. This is why even though I may have a site under construction, I never actually put those words on any pages. If you want to be user-friendly and explain to visitors that your site isn't complete, describe it to them without using the words 'under construction'. I think you're better off just putting some lorem ipsum filler text on that page and visitors will easily figure it out for themselves that the site is being overhauled.
SoftStag
littlegiant wrote:
This is entirely speculation on my part but I've always firmly believed that search engines will actually look for the text string "under construction" and if it doesn't match the rest of your site's content (e.g., your site is actually about the construction business or something like that) then they will flag your site as being under construction and you may rank lower (or not at all) because of it. This is why even though I may have a site under construction, I never actually put those words on any pages. If you want to be user-friendly and explain to visitors that your site isn't complete, describe it to them without using the words 'under construction'. I think you're better off just putting some lorem ipsum filler text on that page and visitors will easily figure it out for themselves that the site is being overhauled.

I'm not convinced search engines check for 'under construction'. The PR will have come from backlinks, although I have noticed that sometimes you get a PR like this for no real reason, I had a PR4 that was a single page with a single link to it from a PR2 page! The next update it was back to PR0. These things happen sometime, just quirks in the Google algorithm.