FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[URGENT] can´t delete files

gnomme
I cannot delet some files in my joomla site. the were created by joomla and now I dont have privileges to delet them. Can any admin do that for me? I tell you witch files are
wumingsden
gnomme wrote:
I cannot delet some files in my joomla site. the were created by joomla and now I dont have privileges to delet them. Can any admin do that for me? I tell you witch files are

Fix for deleting files/directories owned by apache

Or alternatively you can wait for Bondings to read this thread, which may take a while seen as he's a very busy man
Bondings
You should be able to do it from the DirectAdmin file manager. It's a new feature.
wumingsden
Bondings wrote:
You should be able to do it from the DirectAdmin file manager. It's a new feature.

Could you explain more about this new feature, and where abouts it is accessable from? Does it only show when you have files owner by apache because I have not yet come across it.
Scorpio
I came across this feature some time ago. There is an option to transfer ownership to the user from apache.
I did come across it accidentally, but it worked perfectly for me.
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Could you explain more about this new feature, and where abouts it is accessable from? Does it only show when you have files owner by apache because I have not yet come across it.

I only saw it during the upgrade, and not "live" in DirectAdmin. I guess it only shows next to files owned by Apache, just like there is an extract option next to .tar.gz files.
wumingsden
Bondings wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I only saw it during the upgrade, and not "live" in DirectAdmin. I guess it only shows next to files owned by Apache, just like there is an extract option next to .tar.gz files.

Ahh, I thought so, which is probably why I haven't seen the option yet. Thank you for the explanation.