FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blogs

martyboi
i heared that if you created lots of blogs with links to your website n stuff about it in there, about 3 posts or so... do like 50 and then get other sites to link to you, You will get way high in the search engines and get found more and obviously get popular Smile

gonna try it soon
Bondings
martyboi wrote:
i heared that if you created lots of blogs with links to your website n stuff about it in there, about 3 posts or so... do like 50 and then get other sites to link to you, You will get way high in the search engines and get found more and obviously get popular Smile

gonna try it soon

Links from blogs are worth nothing unless the blogs are themselves quite popular. And a 3-post blog won't have much links pointing to it, I guess.
Texas Al
If you have a bunch of people each of whom has one or two real weblogs that they keep active... and you all agree to link each other's sites... that might work. Especially if you link from inside your weblog posts rather than from some kind of ad-bar on the side.

And I'm not talking about some kind of SEO-spam scam either. I'm talking about legitimate weblogs that as a side project try to improve each other's search ranking.

Let's brainstorm on that a little bit. I really believe that this is how advertising will be done in the future, after every browser incorporates FireFox's popup-blocking and client-side CSS functionality. Because the one thing they'll never choose to block is the main content of the site with links inextricably integrated into it.

Does anybody see any weakneses in my plan and/or ways to make it more practical?
Bondings
Of course linking inside an article on a popular blog towards your same-topic website will help you (a lot). Just always make sure that they aren't using a no_follow tag inside their link. Wink
James Bond-007
Making tons of blogs is kinda a lot of work. I think it's just best to sumbit your site to google and let the crawler do the rest Very Happy
Texas Al
JB, I think they're talking about industrial-scale blogging-for-bucks type of thing where someone could potentially make a living off of it.

Let's say you're a popular, trend-setting blogger in your niche with like 3 or 4 pagerank on Google. Sure advertisers will pay you, but your readers will just filter out their banners and iframes. On the other hand if you offer "product placement" like they do in movies (the hero is sipping a Coca-Cola (tm) while driving a Hummer H2 (tm) ) your readers will not be able to filter out the links without filtering out the stuff they came to read.

I know this sounds sleazy, but if done tastefully and ethically (only placement of legitimate and relevant products) it shouldn't hurt the credibility of a blog. It is more work than sticking a banner on the site, but then, I bet advertisers would be willing to pay more for it.

I think once I start up my hosting/design service (on my non-Frihost account obviously) I'll start looking for popular bloggers (especially in the San Antonio area) willing to make a deal. Then I'll be able to actually test my theory because I'll have access to my server logs and I'll see how many of the hits my clients get come from product-placements in blogs...

Quote:

Dear LiveJournal... today Trey and I met (after three long years!) at Zinger's Subs (our high school hangout with the most delicious pizza subs in town). I barely recognized him... he's all sk8r now.

...and so on.
boringest
ping to major ping sites and use services like blogger/blogsome, you'll appear very high up yahoo search rankings.

My Greed Band, Unpegging the Ringgit posts are all #1 =)