FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


server 2 needs reebot





gnomme
server 2 to slow and my site are allways going down
ncwdavid
Well im on server 2 aswell and i think that the uptime is very good. It seems to be a big improvement from awhile ago. My site is up anytime i want to take alook at it or do anything with it so I dont understand how you say its down too much.
gnomme
ncwdavid wrote:
Well im on server 2 aswell and i think that the uptime is very good. It seems to be a big improvement from awhile ago. My site is up anytime i want to take alook at it or do anything with it so I dont understand how you say its down too much.

What is my interest in lieing??
I use joomla...
ncwdavid
gnomme wrote:
ncwdavid wrote:
Well im on server 2 aswell and i think that the uptime is very good. It seems to be a big improvement from awhile ago. My site is up anytime i want to take alook at it or do anything with it so I dont understand how you say its down too much.

What is my interest in lieing??
I use joomla...


I never said you were lying I was just saying that the uptime is very good and seems to be getting better.
Animal
Have you read this thread? Apache has to be restarted every hour on server 2 to prevent crashes. This causes downtime of a few seconds each hour. Other than that, there have been very few unplanned downtimes over the last few weeks, and uptime for the last quarter (three months) is 99.77% - I really can't see this being any reason to complain that the servers are "always going down".
TheGustav
I've just noticed my site randomly going down for a minute or two multiple times throughout the day. Sad
sky217
I believe I'm on Server2 and for some reason I can not log into phpmyadmin. It could be that I'm finally getting punished for my severe lack of posts though. I'll try to be more active and hopefully eventually catch up again. However I am able to get into the config site and all my web pages are still up.
Animal
sky217 wrote:
I believe I'm on Server2 and for some reason I can not log into phpmyadmin. It could be that I'm finally getting punished for my severe lack of posts though. I'll try to be more active and hopefully eventually catch up again. However I am able to get into the config site and all my web pages are still up.

Please don't hijack threads - you may also find the search feature very useful. In order to access phpmyadmin, you need to use the username and password of the database you have created to log in. Your DirectAdmin credentials do not work with phpmyadmin.
sky217
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was a hijack. I thought I was contributing that something might be wrong with the server. I know how to log into phpmyadmin. The way I'm attempting to do it now, has worked for as long as I've been a member. Since I never had this problem before, and I'm not doing anything differently, I didn't assume that there was a known problem that would be searchable. Forgive me for my ignorance. I hope you continue to have a Happy Easter despite the pain my post caused you.
Bondings
sky217 wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was a hijack. I thought I was contributing that something might be wrong with the server. I know how to log into phpmyadmin. The way I'm attempting to do it now, has worked for as long as I've been a member. Since I never had this problem before, and I'm not doing anything differently, I didn't assume that there was a known problem that would be searchable. Forgive me for my ignorance. I hope you continue to have a Happy Easter despite the pain my post caused you.

I recently upgraded the phpMyAdmin version to the latest one as requested by a user. But I don't see how that could prevent you from logging in to it. You are using http://www.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ as url, right?

Yesterday I removed quite a few accounts from the server, which caused some Apache/nameserver downtime, so that might be what you noticed TheGustav.

gnomme, maybe it is something with your site that causes it to be slow and down so much? Joomla can be very resource-intensive, especially when you have a lot of modules installed.
gnomme
Bondings wrote:


gnomme, maybe it is something with your site that causes it to be slow and down so much? Joomla can be very resource-intensive, especially when you have a lot of modules installed.

Sorry Bondings but when I register for a frih account you tell that we can have unlimited mysql databases...etc etc...bla bla bla...but its obvious that the server is overloaded and the quality of service is too poor these days.
I know its a free service, but the cliks on google ads exist for some reason. Upgrade de server.
My site is allways going down, and I am not the only one complayning. If this continues I am forced to leave, with pitty but what can I do?
the downtime and problems leave my site visitants away, with bad impression of my hard work
sky217
Bondings wrote:
I recently upgraded the phpMyAdmin version to the latest one as requested by a user. But I don't see how that could prevent you from logging in to it. You are using http://www.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ as url, right?


Thanks Bondings. I am using the correct URL. Before your upgrade, I was able to log into phpmyadmin with the same username/password I used for the config page, but now I have to use the username/password I set up for my database. I believe that was what Animal was referring to. I guess now that I figured out how to get into it, it's fine, but something did appear to change with the new version because I never used those credentials before.

Thanks again!
Arnie
@gnomme
Unlimited databases etc. does not mean unlimited speed or 100% uptime.

I am hoping that as visitors and Frihost hosting accounts increase, the ad incomes increase as well. So that when there are many members it will be affordable to upgrade the server or buy another one, to keep every website running smoothly.
smarter
Bondings wrote:
sky217 wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was a hijack. I thought I was contributing that something might be wrong with the server. I know how to log into phpmyadmin. The way I'm attempting to do it now, has worked for as long as I've been a member. Since I never had this problem before, and I'm not doing anything differently, I didn't assume that there was a known problem that would be searchable. Forgive me for my ignorance. I hope you continue to have a Happy Easter despite the pain my post caused you.

I recently upgraded the phpMyAdmin version to the latest one as requested by a user. But I don't see how that could prevent you from logging in to it. You are using http://www.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ as url, right?


In DIRECTADMIN page the link to phpMyAdmin is "http://localhost/phpmyadmin" !?. I have to use the link above to access phpMyAdmin.
Bondings
smarter wrote:
Bondings wrote:
sky217 wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was a hijack. I thought I was contributing that something might be wrong with the server. I know how to log into phpmyadmin. The way I'm attempting to do it now, has worked for as long as I've been a member. Since I never had this problem before, and I'm not doing anything differently, I didn't assume that there was a known problem that would be searchable. Forgive me for my ignorance. I hope you continue to have a Happy Easter despite the pain my post caused you.

I recently upgraded the phpMyAdmin version to the latest one as requested by a user. But I don't see how that could prevent you from logging in to it. You are using http://www.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ as url, right?


In DIRECTADMIN page the link to phpMyAdmin is "http://localhost/phpmyadmin" !?. I have to use the link above to access phpMyAdmin.

That's because you are using http://cp.frih.net/ (or similar) as a way to access DirectAdmin instead of http://www.frih.net:2222/ . The cp.frih.net is a port 80 tunnel for people who can't access port 2222 because of a firewall or their network/isp. But it has a lot of bugs/things that don't work due to the tunneling.
smarter
Bondings wrote:
That's because you are using http://cp.frih.net/ (or similar) as a way to access DirectAdmin instead of http://www.frih.net:2222/ . The cp.frih.net is a port 80 tunnel for people who can't access port 2222 because of a firewall or their network/isp. But it has a lot of bugs/things that don't work due to the tunneling.


Info noted. Thanks for the quick answer!
Related topics
warning
Sig display - only once.
AMD or INTEL processor??
Bad news about the Server 2
Zle wiesci na temat serwera 2 (*.frih.net)
Is Pop3 email working
Less downtime
Site crashes
Downtime
Live Web Server Status
Server 2 problems getting worse?
How can I disable the back button of my browser?
PHP and MYSQL on the computer
Linux for Server
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.