FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photo organizing/viewing

Studio Madcrow
How do people here organize and view their images? Personally, I like XnView (just about universal) and Digikam (*nix with KDE) the best. I've heard nice things about Picasa, but found its editing features lacking and overly simplified. iPhoto is great but the mac-onlyness of it keeps it out of my reach...
Tumbleweed
ACDsee for me.............old habits die hard
budazz
ACDc picasa is the one i used in photo organizing . i also use adobe album software i just forgot the proper name for it...... Cool
Studio Madcrow
ACDsee just seems like a waste to me... Programs just as good exist that are free. (XnView, for example). Does ACDsee have some hidden advantages that I don't know about?
Tumbleweed
Sorry for the late reply.....It used to be free , I got some long ago version and at the time (on an old laptop I had , cant quite remember if thats why it was free ) it blew everything else out of the water for speed and clarity of viewing pics , I cant say I have ever orgonised any pics with it as I tend to go along the lines off getting all pics on disk by date of creation asap , and have never bothered with that side of the software, you could probably recomend somthing to me along those lines