FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MMORPG's

Amish
Dus anyone know any that are good value or free ones. 3d mainly. I will suggest one Alienaa. Who has subscribed to this or who has heard of it. In my opinion to begin with, the an immature unsophisticated impression is conveyed but when you get into it you get into it. Very perplexing to get your head round the aim and focus of the game.
RoughitforGreen247
If you haven't tried out Knight Online, you may want to take a look at that. It has a few problems, but you're not going to find a free mmo that doesn't. In my opinion, it's the best free one out there, but it definitely has its flaws. A large proportion (over half) of its users are turkish, and speak little english. Turkish and english speakers don't really get along to well, either. Levelling involves a fair amount of grinding between quests, especially in the 30s. Finally, a lot of third party programs get through the security and allow people to came at spawn points for extended periods of time without actually playing the game. On the other hand, it has enjoyable gameplay and huge pvp events that are really fun. Clans play a fairly big part of the game mechanics, as well as the humans v orcs -esque conflict. Cheers - Roughit
TheGustav
If you're willing to pay for the game, but avoid monthly fees, go for Guild Wars. Very Happy I've found much entertainment in that one so far.
iZen
Play Guildwars. I have all 3 games and there really isn't a better MMO out there right now.
Senshida
Voyage Century is a fun little MMO. You get a ship and sail around the world, and either fight or be pirates.
Xiger
Senshida wrote:
Voyage Century is a fun little MMO. You get a ship and sail around the world, and either fight or be pirates.

I second that, but I do also recommend Guild Wars if you don't like being a pirate/sailor. There is also a third game I would recommend, if you like FPS games there is Warrock as well, last time I played it it was free, not sure now, but it's most likely still free.

//Xiger
Satori
I keep hearing about Guildwars myself. I haven't played it, so can't really offer any firsthand knowledge. But I will say I know some people who play it and like it. And really, you can't beat the fact that it has no monthly fees. That was always a downside to any mmorpg that I knew of. So try guildwars out and let me know if you like it too Smile Maybe I'll get into it someday
Aiz
I've tried Knight Online, but to be honest, it looked so bad I couldn't make myself go on playing.

There are actually a lot of pretty good Free to Play MMOs. To name just a few:

Tales of Pirates (aka: Pirate King Online)
Kal Online
Ran Online

All of which are 3D.

But F2P games have their own drawbacks. Cashshops are a horror on those F2P games that take the fun out of the game faster than anything.

Anyway, If you want to check out more f2p MMOs, just type similar words into google and it would show you plenty. o.ov
mothmann
coming straight out of diablo 2 lod into guildwars i flat out HATED it. the fights on guildwars are horrid imo. but it does follow hate mmorpg genre fightning. it doesn't bring anything new to the table really. and its not even true mmorpg.

someone mentioned Warrock. i love fps and rpg so maybe this will be a good one for me.
Sparda
You could try Silk Road. It is a free 3D MMORPG. You can choose to buy items for your character if you want to. In this game you are a chinese warrior (sorta like dynasty warriors) and you do quests, level up, get items, your regular MMORPG stuff. The thing about this game is that once your level 20 you can choose to be a theif, trader, or hunter. I think there is one more, but I am not sure.
rambo
go to muonline
divinitywolf
yeah i've heard a lot of good stuff about guild wars. I might buy it soon. its great because you dont have to pay monthly. i hate paying for games monthly because you end up paying over 100 pounds if you play it a lot and thats just not worth it. I mean ITS ONLY A GAME!
Kanoga
Try out Granado Espada, an MMO by the same guy that made Ragnarok Online. Open beta will start soon.
http://ge.iahgames.com/
Aiz
Sparda wrote:
You could try Silk Road. It is a free 3D MMORPG. You can choose to buy items for your character if you want to. In this game you are a chinese warrior (sorta like dynasty warriors) and you do quests, level up, get items, your regular MMORPG stuff. The thing about this game is that once your level 20 you can choose to be a theif, trader, or hunter. I think there is one more, but I am not sure.

I personally did not like Silk Road Online. Sure the idea behind it is great, but the game engine along with everything else just killed it for me.

First, the graphics are 3D, but if I recall correctly, they are the blurry highly pixelized ones that is no better than a 2D.

Then, I remember the reason why I quit was because the controls/battle system was horrible, at least to me it was.

And then there's the crowd that makes doing anything impossible.

*shrugs* It might be just me, but I'm just writing about how I felt about that game.
matti05
There is game topping SilkRoad Online.
It gives us capability development form wile. We can earn money in to manners too few steam couple. I advice very SilkRoad Online.

P.S. In this moment in too play SilkRoad Online :p
Boffel
Runescape Very Happy lol

Perhaps bad graphics, but still fun...
vaoger
lineage 2...
or the cute Seal online will do the job!!
guild war is nice... but is a bit complexs on beginner( like me)
so i recommend lineage 2.. something a like guild war...( from the same creator ( i think) Nc soft)
seal online was something differ than other... it have it special COMBO system( like street fighter)
and its unic pet system...
Flakky
Strangely nobody mentionned Hero Online, free and you have everything you wish for. Pets, magic, fights. It is based in Japan.
Geminh
The best MMORPG thats free would be Guild Wars. WoW is done through a monthly payment, so you'll probably stay away from it. Other then that, games in this catagory that are free to play include:

MUOnline (Decent graphics, can get repetitive, boring at times)
Helbreath (If you can find a private server for this game, it's pretty addictive)
Rakion (Haven't tried it, but I heard its pretty cool and nice graphics)
Maple Story (Has a childish feel to it, but kind of addictive)
Ragnarok (Another game that is very fun if you can find a private server)
Lineage 2 (This game has a very big community of gamers and addictive)

And last but not least:

Runescape (Very fun and has a big community, BUT outdated graphics!)
Osmodius
Geminh wrote:
The best MMORPG thats free would be Guild Wars. WoW is done through a monthly payment, so you'll probably stay away from it.

Not to mention, WoW sucks and Blizzard hates their player-base.

Can anyone tell me what kind of weapons are available in Voyage Century and what the PvP is like? Surprised
Packfan104L4
Kanoga wrote:
Try out Granado Espada, an MMO by the same guy that made Ragnarok Online. Open beta will start soon.
http://ge.iahgames.com/

I played in the Closed Beta for this game. It's definately one to try out. It's a grind for a little while, but once you're higher leveled, the possibilites are endless. When a char reaches a cap of lvl 100, there's just all out PvP war. Also, you can play with 3 chars at once and store up to 36 I think it is.
Patriot Players
EVE online is a great space based game. Its so in depth and the community is very international and mature for the most part. The experience system doesnt involve levels either, but skill training. Essentially your primary goal is to get money, and there are hundreds of ways to do it.
Love4Portugal
Patriot Players wrote:
EVE online is a great space based game. Its so in depth and the community is very international and mature for the most part. The experience system doesnt involve levels either, but skill training. Essentially your primary goal is to get money, and there are hundreds of ways to do it.

I must agree, and i also want to add, it is a great place to meet people and make friends, also the PVP is awsome, but for thoese who dont like it there is is also alot of fun in other areas like production, mining, trading, research or just do plain missions, it is my main hobby and if anyone is interested they have 15 days trial.
the down side of it its that the game is paid, however it is possible to play the game with out paying if u need more info, let me know Wink
Xiger
Love4Portugal wrote:
Patriot Players wrote:

I must agree, and i also want to add, it is a great place to meet people and make friends, also the PVP is awsome, but for thoese who dont like it there is is also alot of fun in other areas like production, mining, trading, research or just do plain missions, it is my main hobby and if anyone is interested they have 15 days trial.
the down side of it its that the game is paid, however it is possible to play the game with out paying if u need more info, let me know Wink

There is a small discussion about eve in this thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-72238.html

Back on topic:

There are really many good mmorpgs out there, but I'm afraid most of them are paid to play. The only good Free to Play I've played are Voyage Century Online, Guild Wars (not really free to play, since you have to buy the game).

//Xiger
Dj.Zombi
Mu Online - the best but officjal server is suck
spazbutt32
I have to admit- I'm addicted to MapleStory.

Cash shop doesn't screw up the game TOO badly, it's mostly clothing and for-fun decorations.
realkiller
GuildWars is the best 1 i think but thats just me i play it like 10hours per day lol 100%hardcore gamer Razz allways on that game its amazing well worth paying for no monthly fees go ahead and buy it and give it a good ol play Smile
ddukki
My friend has got me hooked on GoonZu. Yes it's another Korean RPG with a few translation issues, but it's much cleaner than I expected and the gameplay is involving (markets, town halls, elections). Very easy to pick up too.
lastlegion
I used to really like playing mmorpgs...but I used to play only text-based mmorpgs(they're fast and really like them)

I really liked Darkthrone

I also used to play Kings of Chaos...but I stopped playing it.[/url]
Futile
I play Guild Wars. I have been playing since the closed beta and have been playing ever since. I have all three games, the original and both expansions. The good thing about the expansions is that they are all stand alone games you don’t need the original in order to play. Best thing of all is that it free. I have had a few friends that have come over from WOW just because there is no monthly fee. They all have liked it better in the long run. Another plus of GW is it downloadable client. If you have an account you can download the client and play on any computer that meets the sysytem requirements. I love MMORPG’s but I refuse to pay for them. If I pay $50 for internet service a month and $40-50 for a game I will be damned if I am going to pay $9-15 a month to play a game, no matter how state of the art and revolutionary it is, not going to happen.
kicy
I used to play Gunz online: The duel, I'm not sure if it is still free (most likely is). It was really fun to play.

Its not really a rpg, but more of a third person matrix shooter with some rpg qualities.
Xiger
Looking for a new MMORPG?
Check this forum post out [WARNING NOT RECOMMENDED FOR 56k!]: http://www.onrpg.com/boards/907.html

There you can find most mmorps that are out there, some of them got a rating as well and maybe are labeled F2P or if it's P2P.

//Xiger
Rapt0r
Yep, try KalOnline (www.kalonline.com) - free and addictive ( Very Happy ).
It's 3D, and it has a touch of GuildWars Wink
erlendhg
Boffel wrote:
Runescape Very Happy lol

Perhaps bad graphics, but still fun...

I have also played that some years ago Razz
Got really tired of it, when there was no more quests to do as a free member.
And there is no way that I will pay to play that Razz
Osmodius
I eventually got around to downloading Voyage Century, and it sucked. Terrible control system, and NPCs tell you where to go without telling you where to go. I don't wanna read a 50 page .PDF before I play some free game :/
TruPain
If you don't mind some not so great graphics... you can always try flyff... http://flyff.gpotato.com

Isn't too bad of a game... I was addicted to it for a short time...

RoseOnline is an ok game, but it is p2p, but there are pservers out there that are free... the 2 biggest ones promote the irose system for any that may remember irose...

the 2 games are 7 hearts and ruff-rose... both have their good points and bad points... but I dislike pservers when they are used to get paying customers away from the commercial servers...

Tales of Pirates is also a fun little game:

http://www.talesofpirates.com/

There are a lot more... but overall, a lot depends on what you consider to be fun...
anonymous21
A suggestion would be Ragnarok Online. In my country (Philippines), you need to buy their "load" to be able to play... But it's worth it. When I started playing it, I became a sort of an "Addict" Type of person. Haha, I feel Obsessed already... /heh