FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

best place to get guitar tabluature

Reeves1230
Well i dont know about yall but i go to www.guitartabs.cc
but i am sure that there are many more post were u get your tabluature just to be NICE Very Happy and share[/code]
Bleed
www.guitaretab.com

o symply use the google search with the name of the band and the song + the word tab.ultimate guitar will appear on your browser

good luck!!!
petgraveyard
www.mxtabs.net

They have good tabs for like every song!
geoff
guitartabs.cc is probably the best.
shadowofadead
I use http://www.911tabs.com/
The bad thing with that site is pop ups but otherwise it's the best. it has everything!
Bass, guitar, drum, piano tabs, guitar pro and power tabs.
SimonWSTS
Well I don't use just one tab site. I search "song name tabs" on google and then pick several results until I find a tab that I think looks correct. That's the trouble with using just one site, the tabs vary in quality. This way you can pick and choose on individual tabs.
t1mmclaren
I have always found www.ultimate-guitar.com/ to have the widest variety by far. But I will be sure to check a few of these other ones out now. I find a lot of the different websites share the same databases. Though private websites dedicated to a particular band tend to be better quality and more accurate... I mean come on people... Who posts some of those transcriptions! have they ever even heard the song!?
ddukki
mxtabs and guitarzone (guitartabs.cc) is no more. Both from legal action from music companies. Ultimate Guitar is now one of the only reliable sources. 911 tabs, is definitely good, too, though it's just a hub for the other tab sites. Perhaps that makes it better?
clydejaw
t1mmclaren wrote:
I have always found www.ultimate-guitar.com/ to have the widest variety by far. But I will be sure to check a few of these other ones out now. I find a lot of the different websites share the same databases. Though private websites dedicated to a particular band tend to be better quality and more accurate... I mean come on people... Who posts some of those transcriptions! have they ever even heard the song!?

best guitar website ever.

[url]www.mysongbook.com
[/url]
this website has quite a bit of guitarpro tabs Very Happy but i still prefer U-G dot com.
Slammer
I'd have to say google, due to the fact that any single tab site won't have ALL the tabs your looking for. I hate when people ask, "duuuude where did u get that tab from, can you send me it?!?!?! please!!!" on youtube etc.

Just google the name of the song/band then add 'guitar tab','tab', or 'bass tab' thats it Smile
f-spider
t1mmclaren wrote:

Yep, I've found that too but a lot of the tabs on that site are very wrong. Thats what I've found, anyway.

Lately I've seen a lot of tabs that aren't online, due to the whole sueing situation. I can normally work the easier songs out by myself anyway, haha Laughing

f-spider
Sickness
I didn't know these sites. Thanks people Exclamation
froginabox
I used to use OLGA, but they got shut down by the NMPA over copyright issues. Sometimes I hate the industry that I'm studying to work in...
bigfender
try the new official guitar tab site www.cleartabs.com
Much better quality than ultimate guitar. I've changed my attitude to paying for guitar tabs. I'd rather pay a couple of pounds for something that I can play that resembles the song than get it for free and feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
I've actually improved my playing as well since I started buying legal guitar tabs.
There are some other licensed tab sites cropping up but www.cleartabs.com is one I've been using most lately.
liljp617
bigfender wrote:
try the new official guitar tab site www.cleartabs.com
Much better quality than ultimate guitar. I've changed my attitude to paying for guitar tabs. I'd rather pay a couple of pounds for something that I can play that resembles the song than get it for free and feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
I've actually improved my playing as well since I started buying legal guitar tabs.
There are some other licensed tab sites cropping up but www.cleartabs.com is one I've been using most lately.

There are plenty of quality free tabs on UG, especially for popular songs/bands. The higher rated, very popular tabs on UG are more often than not copied from published tablature books, so they're not that different from anything you would pay for (and in this case, they're free). On top of that, you have the offerings of Guitar Pro and PowerTab tabs from UG, which can be quite helpful.

As for getting better, I would argue using tabs that legitimately closely resemble the song, but aren't perfect, are just as or more beneficial for learning compared to tabs that are 100% accurate. You can take the parts that are right, get a feel for where the song is in terms of the fretboard, then work your way through the parts you don't feel are correct using your ear and the original recording. Learning to play the song in addition to ear training seems more beneficial than simply learning to play the song.

And of course, just glancing at ClearTabs, they obviously don't have near the number of tabs compared to UG. I imagine that's because the site is new, but it seems difficult to say it's better if it has less material on top of having to pay for it.
pentangeli
The 911tabs and ultimateguitar ones already posted get frequent visits from me, but perhaps just because they are listed highly in google, as it's convenient. Likewise, being that most of the other sites, az chords and what have you copy and paste content directly from these sites, you'll find that mostly everywhere has the same stuff. Staying with convenience though, since they do that, it can useful as well of a waste of time, but not wanting to waste time, it's also useful because as somebody else said, the ultimate guitar site has a ton of pop ups, video tutorials (about other unrelated stuff), ads and music players auto starting (a "sh*tfest, if you will) shame too, because it has good content, content which sites like az chords steal and then place on a much faster loading simple page, almost like a simple text document (which is what I prefer). Nothing worse than reading through chord progressions with a basic tune in your head and some video of some jackass playing some hendrix riff on an autostarting video off to the side of it.

As for books, well I used to buy them when I was n00b. Attracted by the official look (album cover on the front and correct lyrics and stuff, possibly published by the record company or publishing agency of the band themselves) but found as I got better and more observant watching videos of the band playing and hearing it for myself that the books are almost always incorrect. Countless times you'd be given the g/c/d noob run through with the book and then see the artist perform the song on the video or live show and see he's using a capo or something and the chords or down tuning is way different. That's why it's best to get a version transcribed by somebody who actually plays guitar, instead of some pen pushing suit at a record company who hired some chancer session musician to do without even consulting the band on it. I doubt they ever get consulted anyway. Like The Sex Pistols or something. For a chord book? haha. Can't see it.

Youtube is getting pretty good for this though. Usually if a guy goes on there with a guitar tutorial for a song, not only can you watch and see him demonstrate it for you, you can hear him and also get his tips or little secrets or whatever that don't transcribe/translate well in written word. Also, he's also opening himself from a torrent of abuse and criticism by the guitar faithful and youNube kiddie comments alike, so you can bet that 9 times out of 10, he's aware of that, and has gotten his act together before hand. Nothing more trustworthy than fear! Check for the tutorial on youtube.
jds10912
I always liked ultimate guitar. Sometimes there would be tabs on 911tabs that I couldnt find on ultimate guitar, but for the most part UG had most of the tabs I was looking for and the best tabs that I was looking for.
menino
www.ultimate-guitar.com is a nice site for guitar tablatures, but I haven't seen the new ones lately.

I'm sure there are a huge variety now, if you do go to search.
speeDemon
Ultimate guitar generally is alright, but it gets a bit frustrating when the tab isn't correct, and specially the whole ver. 1, ver. 2 etc. thing get's me confused sometimes.. maybe they should give a link to the song(this version of the song) along with the tab(wait a second, do they do that, and I just don't know it..?), other than that I find most of the tabs accurate.

And I don't hesitate to deny that a tab is wrong, and then do the whole thing(or atleast that part) by ear(if I can), just like someone stated before. It's probably best to do it by ear, it also gives you a great feeling of, pride/joy (atleast till the time you figure out that your tab is wrong Laughing ).
sixstring_psycho
I usually use Guitar Pro tabs with the TuxGuitar http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar (Freeware program). And donwnload the GP tabs from these sites:

http://www.tablatures.tk/
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
http://www.tabsheaven.net/
http://www.gprotab.net/
http://www.theguitarlesson.com/guitar-pro-tabs/
http://www.freetabs.net/tabs/guitar%20pro%20tabs/
http://www.tabbest.com
http://www.guitarprotabs.org/

But I have found most of the music on tablatures.tk and freetabs sites. Whenever I can't find a specific song I try the others or just google it.