FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Message won't leave that dreadful "outbox"

EtherealDesert
He he, this problem is a first one for me. One of the e-mails sent through this system (the PM function) simply wont leave the outbox and I its so strange :O I've tried to re-create the message, erease it and start all over. And please. Im not like drunk or anything Razz
Ashley
Did you put the right username in and did you put alot of text in as it may take a long time to send then. Not really sure whats causing the problem.
mOrpheuS
A PM should leave your outbox and land up in the recepient's inbox as soon as they login to the forum.
If they are already logged in when you send the message, it will move when the recepient makes the next server request (eg. browses to the next page)

Are you sure the recepient has logged in since the time you sent the PM ?
Confused
EtherealDesert
Ha ha ha. Thanks a bunch. Im afraid you were right (I totally missed the fact that pm's don't go out as e-mails). Ahem Embarassed
Ashley
I thought phpbb2 was like invsionpowerboard when it leaves the outbox straight away and goes in a mysql database while wating for them to read them. PHPBB2 most be codded deferntly.