FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo can't see me ? But Google can !

FunDa
Here's the percentage distribution of Search engine referred traffic to my blog.

Why doesn't Yahoo or MSN or the others notice me ????

Google does....

P.S. This is not from a single day or week or month - it's data from over a year !!!

Google 95.62%
    Yahoo 2.03%
    MSN Search 1.20%
    Live.com 0.51%
    AOL Search 0.41%
    Google Images 0.14%
    Metacrawler 0.09%

This is the blog. Can anyone tell me why Yahoo or MSN doesn't find me ?

http://johndasfundas.blogspot.com/
SonLight
Yahoo search definitely includes your site. Searching for the name of the site gave five result pages on the site. My concern is why they seem to be less effective in directing traffic to your site.

I'm sure one reason is that google is the number one search engine, and therefore produces more traffic for most sites. To investigate further, you might try looking for specific keywords on both search engines.

Oops, I looked up the site, not the blog. But apparently all the searches at least have you listed, since you get at least some traffic from them.
FunDa
Does anyone else have a search engine preference issue ?

Like some sites are prefered by Yahoo and some by Google ??
darvit
I have it the other way around.

My blog is preferred by MSN and Yahoo, but it's not in the top 100 results on Google.

My keyword is d'arvit.

I just bought a domain [darvit.net], but if you still look up d'arvit on Yahoo and MSN, you'll end up in my old address [darvit.frih.net] which is on number 1.

I find it strange, too. Despite my lack of content [still in the process of transforming the blog into a portal], I still get a lot of visitors from Yahoo and MSN. Question
FunDa
Artemis Fowl !
Cool Cool !
And take the .tk (yuck) off your sig image. Put the .net on it.
SoftStag
Yahoo, then MSN spider my site the most, but I rank better in Google! I don't think the frequency of bot visits is all that important, what matters is that they can come and go without restriction. I think the frequency depends on how frequently your site changes, if you use Sitemaps and define the frequency there, that may also affect bots' behavior.
darvit
FunDa wrote:
Artemis Fowl !
Cool Cool !
And take the .tk (yuck) off your sig image. Put the .net on it.

Thanks for reminding me! Laughing Yeah, I changed it now. Smile

And ever since I bought a .net, Google began noticing my blog. Surprised

I guess it has a certain bias towards TLDs, then.
FunDa
Yup. Sure does.

I'm shifting my blog too..

Didn't get time yet.

Yahoo notices the domain http://www.fundazone.com more than the blog
at http://johndasfundas.blogspot.com
(the stats at the top are of my blogspot)

I think it's because Google bought blogspot and Yahoo doesn't like that Rolling Eyes