FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Falling Sand Game

NAJohnson
Has anyone encountered the Pyro Sand game based the Japanese(?) Falling Sand Game.

It's a fun little applet that lets you pit a bunch of elements, such as fire, water,and gunpowder, against each other and see what happens.
There's has a little community surrounding it and programing more elements in a downloadable version of the game, if you're into that.

Be sure only to start this with plenty of free time on your hands.
Telnven
NAJohnson wrote:
Has anyone encountered the Pyro Sand game based the Japanese(?) Falling Sand Game.

It's a fun little applet that lets you pit a bunch of elements, such as fire, water,and gunpowder, against each other and see what happens.
There's has a little community surrounding it and programing more elements in a downloadable version of the game, if you're into that.

Be sure only to start this with plenty of free time on your hands.

I agree with your last point, as some people I know played it and as a result I gave it a shot - its a very simple concept yet I found it fasinating, so yes I was hooked for a little while.

Although I didn't know about the community surrounding it, I guess I'll have a look into it,
RoughitforGreen247
I agree, definitely an enjoyable little game that wakes up the pyro in all of us. I have spent hours setting up elaborate mazes of C4, napalm, and oil wells just to set it all off in one big, sudden, and thoroughly satisfying explosion. Happy explosioning - Roughit
CaptainWA
yes i would agree. blowing stuff up is deffinaly alot of fun and this is one of my favorite games for doing just that making stuff explode. im a pyro maniac myself. burning bugs and stuff.
Kitten Kong
ahahha, this game is awesome, now all it needs is explosive force and wind Smile
SuperLala
It is fun for a while, and then, when you know what happens with all the elements, it becomes boring. However, a very similar game, Enigma Sand, is fun all the time because you can make your own elements.
FroHawK
My friend and i would play the first falling sand game during our Computers class. We enjoyed almost lagging out the computer from the bombs
Magicman
Its always fun to create some explosive chain reaction in that game although it lags quite a bit on my computer.
silverGFX
Yes, the Falling Sand Game... good times.

In case you all werent aware, the game is on addictinggames and it also has some other "spin-offs" that are IMO more fun than the first.

All that I do on the game is make a huge dump system that slowly fills up the screen and empties at the same time. I usually finish the game by planting a lot of C4 and watching it all explode like crazy.
My favorite tool would definately be the plant sand, because it will climb the water source.

Other than that, this game is highly addictive, even though it has no point what so ever.
Genesiz
Ah yes falling Sands. Me and my friends used to spends hours setting up elaborate systems during our IT lessons, only to then blow it all up in a couple of seconds. Best bit was playing around with the time speed, setting up massive explosions in 0 time, and then setting it off and watching it go bang.

There was another game like this with some more bits to it, but i can't remember what it was called. Go to www.onemorelevel.com to check it out.
Pikalibur
its a very good time killer, very fun
SuperLala
Have you heard of wxSand? It is like Falling Sand Game. The only difference is that you can also open mods from an online wiki so that you can have fun with an extremely large variaty of elements.

http://www.piettes.com/fallingsandgame/