FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does this mean?

jarred89
Hello,

I turned on my computer yesterday and this error message keeps coming up when i turn the computer on now. How do i fix it?

Cheers!
furtasacra
jarred89 wrote:
Hello,

I turned on my computer yesterday and this error message keeps coming up when i turn the computer on now. How do i fix it?

Cheers!

What version of Windows do you have?
mystzero
It is cause by the latest hotfix from windows update.

Please take a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/
otiscom
Trust MS!!!

Yes assuming you did not install something else to cause this error follow the link given above by mystzero.

And when it's cured TURN OFF UPDATES !
Simulator
otiscom wrote:
Trust MS!!!

Yes assuming you did not install something else to cause this error follow the link given above by mystzero.

And when it's cured TURN OFF UPDATES !

You think hes got it bad, every time I shut down windows I have to install 45 updates..... EVERY ****** TIME! I really hate the thing... so the best advice I ever give to someone, buy a Mac or get Linux!
Kelvin
Simulator, if your computer is doing that all the time isn't it better to reformat the whole PC? Else is it possible to bypass the updates installation by pressing the power button of your PC or selecting do not install updates and shutdown? I've always used the power button to shutdown and it always bypasses the updates installation.
furtasacra
mystzero wrote:
It is cause by the latest hotfix from windows update.

Oh, THERE'S a big surprise Rolling Eyes
fleurlavag
turning updates off is not a good idea, every software needs to be updated and for an OS its more critical due to security reasons.

Its better to wait a few minutes than having someone hacking into your personal info!
billgertz
fleurlavag wrote:
turning updates off is not a good idea, every software needs to be updated and for an OS its more critical due to security reasons.

Its better to wait a few minutes than having someone hacking into your personal info!

good point. but the problem is the computer starts running slow after series of updates. been experienced this problem alot of times. what I did was i reformat my PC and installed a firewall right away.
MarzEz
At least turn automatic updates off. my brother hadn't used his computer for 3 months, and when he plugged it back into the internet, it ATE all our download limit. Mad If your going to install updates, do it MANUALLY!
yjwong
I do recommend turning on Windows Update, but let Windows Update download the updates, then let you choose whether to install or not. This lets you check the updates, determine any conflicts the updates might cause with your existing software, then only install them.

Quote:

You think hes got it bad, every time I shut down windows I have to install 45 updates..... EVERY ****** TIME! I really hate the thing... so the best advice I ever give to someone, buy a Mac or get Linux!

I don't think this is true. On some Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu (the one I'm using), there are much more updates as compared to my Windows installation. And some of the updates will break my existing applications. So this fact isn't necessarily true.