FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freeware converter?

ChrisCh
Hey there. I tried searching for this, but couldn't find what I was after! I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good converter (freeware) that will convert audio on a DVD to MP3/WAV/WMA/ACC (one or the other, it doesn't really matter which format!). The DVDs were made by my friend, so there's no copy-protection or copyright issues Smile

If anyone can name a good program that, that would be great! (I tried searching Google too, and when I included the word "freeware", the results were all paid software!!!)

Smile
badai
for audio you can use any sound recorder application. i use jetaudio (the free version, not the pro version)
Arnie
Anything useful here?

By the way, if VirtualDub can read a video file, you can easily extract the audio. If you can convert the DVD to an AVI then VirtualDub can take care of the rest.
budazz
yeah i agree virtual dub is a great tool and can also create a video file from tga format........eg tgg image from games......
loosu
Mencoder from www.mplayerhq.hu along with SUPER front end is very nice .
But also , u could use online convertors like zamzar or vixy .
falconfx
I suggest you to give a look also at http://media-convert.com/convert/

I used it several times and found it very easy to use and fast. And the output quality is also good.

Happy Easter!
oleszka
not sure but may be this helps http://www.zamzar.com/
Infinity-al
i use NCH Switch, not the pro version but the free one. Its very good and fast at converting all the type of audio.
tony
you can use foobar. its free and runs on windows. will convert all those audio types from one to another. also converts bitrates and does batch conversions so you can convert as many files as you would like with a single click.