FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Question: Am I allowed to be in a referral program?





jharsika
Am I allowed to join a program that let's me refer people to a website and make money with it? To do this I'd have to advertise and link from my site to this site. I couldn't find any other threads on this and I couldn't find it in the TOS no the FAQ. Thanks.
Hogwarts
jharsika wrote:
Am I allowed to join a program that let's me refer people to a website and make money with it? To do this I'd have to advertise and link from my site to this site. I couldn't find any other threads on this and I couldn't find it in the TOS no the FAQ. Thanks.

I do believe you can.
You just are not allowed to post refferal links on the Frihost forum, otherwise, it should be fine! Smile
Bondings
Yes that's allowed.

Of course unless the website you refer people to is performing illegal activities, like scams and pyramid schemes.
saratdear
Bondings wrote:
Yes that's allowed.

Of course unless the website you refer people to is performing illegal activities, like scams and pyramid schemes.


Sorry if I seem a little stupid here, but what may be defined as a pyramid scheme? Will AGLOCO be one?
tidruG
wikipedia article on Pyramid Scheme wrote:
A pyramid scheme (also known as "Pyramid Scam" [1]) is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered. Pyramid schemes have existed for at least a century. Matrix schemes use the same fraudulent non-sustainable system as a pyramid; here, the victims pay to join a waiting list for a desirable product which only a fraction of them can ever receive.

link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

I don't know what AGLOCO is... if you explain, we could help you better.
Scorpio
tidruG wrote:
wikipedia article on Pyramid Scheme wrote:
A pyramid scheme (also known as "Pyramid Scam" [1]) is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered. Pyramid schemes have existed for at least a century. Matrix schemes use the same fraudulent non-sustainable system as a pyramid; here, the victims pay to join a waiting list for a desirable product which only a fraction of them can ever receive.

link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

I don't know what AGLOCO is... if you explain, we could help you better.


www.agloco.com

The signup is kind of pyramid like.. But its not been proved that agloco is indeed a pyramid scheme
Bondings
It doesn't seem that AGLOCO is charging some membership fee or similar (or any sum you need to pay), that you can gain back by recruiting more members. It is - I think - merely paying when you surf and a part of the earnings of the people you referred.

If above is true, then it's not really a pyramid scheme as you aren't able to lose money, only earn it. And then yes it is allowed, however with a bit of common sense I would stay for away from it and not waste my time.
saratdear
Bondings wrote:
It doesn't seem that AGLOCO is charging some membership fee or similar (or any sum you need to pay), that you can gain back by recruiting more members. It is - I think - merely paying when you surf and a part of the earnings of the people you referred.

If above is true, then it's not really a pyramid scheme as you aren't able to lose money, only earn it. And then yes it is allowed, however with a bit of common sense I would stay for away from it and not waste my time.

That maybe true, I might, but free money....
And seeing that the ViewBar is about to be released sometime soon, I might give it a try.
But back on topic, so you are not allowed to advertise scams or pyramid schemes on your site, but only valid ones, right?
Bondings
saratdear wrote:
That maybe true, I might, but free money....
And seeing that the ViewBar is about to be released sometime soon, I might give it a try.
But back on topic, so you are not allowed to advertise scams or pyramid schemes on your site, but only valid ones, right?

Yes that's correct. For your information, in most countries participating in (and creating) pyramid schemes is illegal. To be precise, signing up isn't illegal, but advertising it/making other people sign up, is illegal.
jharsika
The referral program I was thinking about joining was just www.asiajam.com, advertise their shopping website and get a commission of about 10% if they purchase through your link etc etc. Thanks for clarifying.
Bondings
jharsika wrote:
The referral program I was thinking about joining was just www.asiajam.com, advertise their shopping website and get a commission of about 10% if they purchase through your link etc etc. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, that is definately allowed on your website. The same for Amazon and others.

Those kind of referral links aren't allowed on these forums (posts/pm's), though.
Related topics
How Spyware Works!!!
Legality and Banning,
is banner display in Signature allowed?
Video Editing Tutorials
Current Domain Name Costs
earn money online, how
Music Videos
How to design a website
The Gimp question
500Frih$ PLUS Candy Competition
Google Is Retiring AdSense Referrals
5 Job Search Tips to Survive a Recession
Has anyone tried adbrite.com?
New Graphics Card and PSU
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.