FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diablo III coming?

cneves
It looks like the Diablo III rumor mill has started up once again with a seemingly innocent post on the jobs section of the Blizzard web site.

A while ago they posted a job opening for an art director and various leads to join "the team behind Diablo I and II" for "an unannounced PC project."

Could a new Diablo come out with 3d graphics, somewhat like WOW?

Probably will. The old style graphics were fine years ago but with the hardware most users are packing, 3d is the way to go.

Let's hope they do a good job!
legendaryduelists
It would be great news for everyone, i think it would be a perfect game to compite with World of Warcraft (a game from the same company Razz) as one of the most popular MMORPG.
Telnven
cneves wrote:

I don't think that they would ever make diablo series in full 3d graphics, as it attracted a large enough audience without the full 3d - and the absence of full 3d kept the "unique idendity" of the game.

legendaryduelists wrote:
It would be great news for everyone, i think it would be a perfect game to compite with World of Warcraft (a game from the same company Razz) as one of the most popular MMORPG.

One question, why would Blizzard want to compete against themselves. They may want to draw in a larger audience but competing with World of Warcraft would be barmy,

Sam
medievalman26
Yeah. That rumor has been on and off for years so I am going to go with a probably not because who in there right mind would compete with themself for business? Who?
Zyphrius
It is funny that I know find this thread here, I have been wondering if there would be a DIABLO III game released any time soon.

I would love to see it released.

I was trying to search for it here today while I was at work, (which I presently am, LOL) but they have alot of stuff blocked out here on our network.

I hope they will release it would be pretty sweet...

I will have to look it up once again when I get home where I can actully see the internet. LOL

This network sucks with all the security that is not even needed.

Anyway, Lets just hope the rumors are true and the game will be released.

Apparently there is also going to be a Starcraft 2 game coming out at somepoint aswell, which would be pretty sweet
Peterssidan
no. Diablo I is far better than the second except from the multiplayer mode. I don't think diablo III is going to be very good but they will earn alot anyway Wink
BHSDKP
The Diablo series were very entertaining. I played the first when it was out on PS1, and played the second (expansion) on my computer. If number three comes out, I am pretty suretha it might end up being a WOW look-alike.
Another thing is, what will the story line be like? Defeat diablo again?(seems like the obvious answer doesnt it?)
Asides from this, if they were to compete with themselves, it would be more of a, "which game can bring in the most profit and which should be pay more attention to and apply mroe patches to?"
achowles
To be honest with you I couldn't really care less.

Whatever they do with it it's probably going to be bloated and overdone, whilst costing a ton simply to play the thing.

Nah, just not really interested. The first two were good, but what they've done with WoW and its subsequent success pretty much damns the chance of Blizzard going back to less profitable ventures.
JinTenshi
How about if they released Diablo III as a movie this time. ( Just like Advent Children ) And yeah, the characters kill Diablo again. ( Like Sephiroth got killed numorous times ) Wouldn't that be, "nice" ?

Haha, well, or maybe they would release another name for Diablo III. Cause Diablo should not come back anymore or it gets old. And if they compete with WoW, it let's some people have a different taste of online game and maybe attract more players who don't play WoW. What's more, competition is healthy. =D
SGbilder
I loved Diablo I and II and it would be great if the III came out soon!

Quote:
Another thing is, what will the story line be like? Defeat diablo again?(seems like the obvious answer doesnt it?)

Why not be Diablo and kill those nasty warriors and the little dwarfs... arrrg.. Very Happy
carlokes
Hi there,

I played the Diablo series for about 8 years (Diablo and the Diablo2) an d i must say i only stop playing when Guild Wars came out. All those years i had one heck of a time, me and my friends. We used to play together at night and it was really interesting to see everyone growing (except the game lol) while playing it.

Diablo 3...hummmmm...I definitly would love to play it !! But I have my doubts...Starcraft never had a sequel (meaning Starcraft2) and WoW is a huge money machine....they really dont need anything else, just updates.

Stay Cool !!
LovE-RicH
Wow, great stuff...
I still remember many years ago when I first played Diablo 1... Ah, the good old times! I don't play computer games too much these days, but my roomates enjoy LAN games, if Diablo 3 turns out to be good, we might try it out!Smile
JinTenshi
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

I played the Diablo series for about 8 years (Diablo and the Diablo2) an d i must say i only stop playing when Guild Wars came out. All those years i had one heck of a time, me and my friends. We used to play together at night and it was really interesting to see everyone growing (except the game lol) while playing it.

Diablo 3...hummmmm...I definitly would love to play it !! But I have my doubts...Starcraft never had a sequel (meaning Starcraft2) and WoW is a huge money machine....they really dont need anything else, just updates.

Stay Cool !!

Starcraft 2 is going to be released soon. And since different team works on different games, they won't stop just at WoW, they will bring more. That's the faith I have in Blizzard. =)
Cibes
I'd like to seen Diablo 3 soon. Blizzard did a really good job with their older games when it comes to storylines and gameplay. I can hardly imagine it not being 3D though, after all this is the current technology to use.
legendaryduelists wrote:

I don't expect it to be exactly an MMORPG, but rather a classical singleplayer RPG with Multiplayer-options. This would continue the Diablo series and not compete with their own hit WOW.
eLto
Imagine a world where people would know of the search function. Thousands of users just simply pressing "search" instead of filling up the boards with the same topics all over again, simply cause they're too lazy to realize the same topic is there, just further down, or a page or 2 back.

Seriously though, it's getting annoying. There are several Diablo 3 topics, I know cause I've posted in two of them, and this isn't one.
ordspil
cneves wrote:
It looks like the Diablo III rumor mill has started up once again with a seemingly innocent post on the jobs section of the Blizzard web site.

A while ago they posted a job opening for an art director and various leads to join "the team behind Diablo I and II" for "an unannounced PC project."

Probably will. The old style graphics were fine years ago but with the hardware most users are packing, 3d is the way to go.

Let's hope they do a good job!

Yes I have heard that too, it should be something like WOW graphic. I am not playing WOW but I love Diablo so I hope the rumors are true, because I am want that game Razz
Duncan Idaho
-As a front note, Blizzard has not yet begun to become the barm, and unfortunantly has not announced they will be competing with theirself Crying or Very sad . This was created by a user within topic. As another side note, SPARTA DINES AT THE BELL!!-

I've been waiting for this for a long time now, and don't think there will be one. If there is, it most likely won't be what I saw in the first two games.
Kitten Kong
I don't care what Blizzard releases so long as they release something, they have been good enough to not make any crap games for like 10-15 years straight so as long as they are working on something other than the perpetual wallet drain that is WoW then I'll be a very happy man.
Ghengis
Agree on the "anything from Blizzard" line. Although, "World of Diablo" would be a let down since I don't really like MMOs.

I am a bit skeptical about a hypothetical Diablo III now -- I and II broke a lot of ground, but there have been SO many imitators since then. The Baldur's Gate games on consoles, and their clones... well, I trust Blizzard not to release anything that isn't genuinely innovative.
mattchun
Is that true?

It's a lengend of game when I was in high school!
Macbeth
*creams self*

I would love another Diablo game to come out!
mansonivan
ohh...cant wait for it. will play it day n nite again.
lethaltriad
I'm not sure about the rumours but I certainly hope that they make a part III. Up till last year summer I was still playing Diablo II.. mainly because my video card sucks and the choices in games I can play is limited but also because its a nice game. Cross fingers for part III and hopefully my system then can handle it.
Fire Boar
Diablo 2 was really good, certainly. I don't think I'll be getting 3 though... I've got far too many Wii games on my list. Maybe when it becomes ancient and no new good games come out...?
frozenrider
Diablo 2 with Lord Of Destrucion was pretty cool Cool. Unlickly, the Diablo 3 be only multiplayer game Sad
Scott
The diablo games are a ton of fun, I really hope DIII comes out, as well as Starcraft II.
frymaster8
Nope. It's not coming out. Blizzard can make enough money with their newer games like WOW and stuff like that. Although, D2LOD was an AMAZING game i doubt they are making D3 because it has been so long. If they were making D3 they would have made it like within a few years of when D2 came out, and as we all know, it has been wayyyyyy longer than that. I remember playing D2LOD and i would have bots and MF using them, then i got banned and quit. Although it is a very good game, I will probably start it up again this summer and play it, except my IP got banned. (I used trivia bots, and blizzard doesnt like that i guess...)
willy101
Although I'd love to see another incarnation of Diablo, I don't really want to pay monthly as I do for WoW. If they're starting development now, I don't think we will see this game for a while. I'm hoping that we do see a free version eventually though.
dfi-systems
Im agree with willy, im a fervant player of Diablo 2 and i dont want pay for noob games like wow. Cool
Geminh
I think Diablo III is on the block for Blizzard. But I heard that their going to work on Starcraft 2 before Diablo III. From a Gamespot source, I heard that their going to announce Starcraft 2 at some gaming show somewhere in Korea in a few weeks. Anyways, as much as I'd like to see a sequel to Diablo III, I think that Starcraft 2 is past due its release and that Blizzard should continue this great game!
Packfan104L4
Any Blizzard game now will basically be a knock off of WoW. They've become so money hungry that it's pathetic.
web-geek
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Any Blizzard game now will basically be a knock off of WoW. They've become so money hungry that it's pathetic.

ehh I wouldent quiet say that. I would love to see blizzard make another game. they always do a wonderful job at everything they do, even if it dose get expincive at times, but when it comes to RTS's, blizzard knows what they are doing, and seeing how both SC and Diablo are really starting to die, I wouldent be suprised if they announced eather one of those games in the next year or two.