FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So Keith Richards snorted his father's ashes...

kazikame
http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/27515

That's just sick and wrong...
TheGustav
You mean you haven't?

Ok... that is a tad wierd... Just a little bit. O_o
Chrisjs
And of course it turned out to be fake (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml)

Really weird though
gtherockgod
Yeah I'd already heard about this one, and how it turned out to be fake. If you read the actual quote, its pretty much impossible to actually take seriously. Maybe it was just the context of the entire specific article, but i coudl tell he was bullshitting.
Shin
This is so sad... Sad
tijn01
it SIMPLY CANNOT BE TRUE, THE GUY IS SICK, BUT NO ONE IS CAPABLE OF THIS SURELY!!!
reddishblue
Chrisjs wrote:
And of course it turned out to be fake (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml)

Really weird though

Could you people stop spamming about how its "sick", we know, and I quoted Chrisjs to remind you that it's not true at all.
ReubenWilliams
I think its really sad that people will actually buy into this demonisation of "rock stars" oh my god, he took loads of drugs and now he snorted his fathers ashes, obviously he's joking, its vewry much like a chris morris program. If people gave eachother a little more trust then we might believe ourselves to be a closer knit community, instead of suspecting eachother of the owrst bits about ourself.

Its kind of like the Iran thing, in a weird way. Iran are a totally civilized country, with universities, and academics and all the rest of it, yet we have them pertrayed as infidels and blood thirsty barbarians. They are actualy a totally advanced nation.
Hobbit
I literally lol'd.
Vrythramax
I was a bit shocked when I first heard the story....but actually laughed when they quoted Ozzy Osbourne as saying "now that's wierd".
Smile
Q5U8
kazikame wrote:

And you believed? Very Happy

C'mon...
Duncan Idaho
Vrythramax wrote:
I was a bit shocked when I first heard the story....but actually laughed when they quoted Ozzy Osbourne as saying "now that's wierd".
Smile

Well... heheheh... I'm pretty sure we all already know about how "fake" this was. Lex & Terry are doing a thing called-- well no.
DeFwh
Hah I already saw that article I think it holds some truth but who knows anything is possible. First of all it might help if someone found out if Richards father was cremated.
OutlawSpirit
strange person indeed.. who in the world and in there right mind would do that?
achowles
Bit of a strange sense of humour he's got there. Very Happy

Given the rock and roll legends out there it's not THAT unlikely.

Given how stoned he's got in his time, not much is.
Fake
I am pretty sure he admitted that it is was joke later on

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/04/richards.dad.ap/index.html
Ozzy
Ahahaha!
Wouldn't surprise me.

I hate The Rolling Stones...
hack_man_
That is just disturbing... Why would you want to do something like that?
reddishblue
hack_man_ wrote:

Well he didn't actually do it soooooo.....
arkebuzer
tijn01 wrote:
it SIMPLY CANNOT BE TRUE, THE GUY IS SICK, BUT NO ONE IS CAPABLE OF THIS SURELY!!!

Its allready stated its a fake. But! Im pretty sure there are tons of people out there that are able to do a lot sicker stuff. Use your favourite search engine and youll be amazed (or more likely disgusted and loose hope in mankind Razz )
scotty
It's not disturbing that he actually did it (I know he didn't but even if he did) it's the fact that we aren't that surprised and people believe that fake! Says something about his reputation.
alexdude
Thats about the stupidest thing I ever heard before. But, I guess his father wouldn't mind. Shocked
eday2010
I wish that guy would just die already. He's outlived his usefulness.
Vrythramax
reddishblue wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:

How can you be so sure? Just because saying it created so much bad publicity he went public and said "I was only kidding"?

This is Kieth Richards we are talking about here. The man has done more drugs than a pharmacy can hold, and stuff that makes Ozzy Osbourne look like a family man. The only one that looks worse than him is Charlie Watts....and he looks like he has been dead since 1969. Neutral
Andrew426
Vrythramax wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:

How can you be so sure? Just because saying it created so much bad publicity he went public and said "I was only kidding"?

This is Kieth Richards we are talking about here. The man has done more drugs than a pharmacy can hold, and stuff that makes Ozzy Osbourne look like a family man. The only one that looks worse than him is Charlie Watts....and he looks like he has been dead since 1969. Neutral

Im quite surprised that you would still think he did, even after saying it was a joke.
What would his motivation be for snorting his fathers ashes? To get high? even someone who had been drugs all their life (especially someone who did drugs all their life, maybe?) would know that you cant get high off of ashes, because anything interesting gets burnt off in the cremation process, and pretty much all your left with is ash. And noone wants ash up their nose.

The reason people snort things is because they know they will contain something that will give them a bit of a buzz, and through the nose is the most direct route to the brain. Drugs contain chemicals that can alter a persons physical and/or mental state, while soot/ashes do not. They are bade from carbon, and you can not get high off of carbon.
HalfBloodPrince
Andrew426 wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:

Im quite surprised that you would still think he did, even after saying it was a joke.
What would his motivation be for snorting his fathers ashes? To get high? even someone who had been drugs all their life (especially someone who did drugs all their life, maybe?) would know that you cant get high off of ashes, because anything interesting gets burnt off in the cremation process, and pretty much all your left with is ash. And noone wants ash up their nose.

The reason people snort things is because they know they will contain something that will give them a bit of a buzz, and through the nose is the most direct route to the brain. Drugs contain chemicals that can alter a persons physical and/or mental state, while soot/ashes do not. They are bade from carbon, and you can not get high off of carbon.

...And obviously Keith Richards researched this all?
Vrythramax
Oh I am sure Kieth Richards researches every item that enters his body (in any way) completely before taking any action.
hofodomo01
Now, of course, by "research" you mean... Shocked
Vrythramax
hofodomo01 wrote:
Now, of course, by "research" you mean... Shocked

Trial and Error of course. Laughing
cheh
wow! how weird can you get. Rolling Eyes
it's soo sick it's sad Sad
Aless
Sure, it's disgusting, but the guy's a freak. We're only feeding his ego and weirdness by making such a big deal out of it. These people do extreme things to get attention, and by giving him attention, we're only passively encouraging them to do weirder and weirder things!
scotty
Andrew426 wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:

When you're already high you do strange things....
I Hate My User Name
kazikame wrote:

From what I heard, it was a mis-translation in the interview or a miscommunication somewhere. WHo would actually believe someone would do that? lol Rolling Eyes
PatTheGreat42
I dunno. I'm sure his dad doesn't mind.
Vrythramax
I Hate My User Name wrote:
kazikame wrote:

From what I heard, it was a mis-translation in the interview or a miscommunication somewhere. WHo would actually believe someone would do that? lol Rolling Eyes

I don't know....look at all the people that believed Ozzy Osbourne bit the head of a bat onstage.