FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what font?

the-geek
does anyone knows what font they use in the motorola logo? i dont mean the stylized M but that italic gothic like font to write motorola. i hope u understand what i mean. thanx
benjad
if you can post an image, we might be able to help a bit more....

also, low success rate, but have you tried: http://www.identifont.com/identify.html
the-geek
umm.. well i would try to attach a picture here.. i tried with the identify font but it gave wrong suggestion. never succeeded with this tool.
justnewbie
Isn't those fonts trademark of their company? Well, I'm not sure but there are companies that register their slogan/logo fonts as their trademart, I think.
reddishblue
justnewbie wrote:
Isn't those fonts trademark of their company? Well, I'm not sure but there are companies that register their slogan/logo fonts as their trademart, I think.

Almost every major company does that Neutral
_AVG_
It must be a font created by them for the purpose of their company.

If you want to use the font, I suggest that you use only letters from the image, for eg:
If MOTOKRZR is written there, then use only the letters available.

Generally, these fonts are copyrighted.
the-geek
well, i know it copyright of motorola inc. but sometime identical fonts are available. if u like nokia font then you can use a font called nokia kokia. its same. there just no difference between the original and the nokia kokia.
R2.DETARD
yeah, I would be willing to bet that it is copyrighted by Motorola. Try in the marketplace and see if you can get someone to make you the font for some Frih$.
catscratches
Maybe you can find it at http://www.1001freefonts.com/ But I get it's pretty hard withot knowing what it's named Razz
irishmark
benjad wrote:
if you can post an image, we might be able to help a bit more....

also, low success rate, but have you tried: http://www.identifont.com/identify.html

Dude - That's an awsome link! - Many thanks!
Vrythramax
reddishblue wrote:
justnewbie wrote:

Almost every major company does that Neutral

Not exactly true, (American) Bell-Telephone used a common symbol/type face until some other enterprising person copyrighted it, and Ma Bell had to hand over $137,000,000 (USD...plus change) to keep there logo intact.

Wish it had been me Sad
Daniel15
_AVG_ wrote:

This isn't always the case... While it's not exactly the same thing, take a look at http://www.fontshop.com/fontfeed/2006/03/07/the-logos-of-web-20/ - It lists a few sites (MySpace, Skype, last.fm, Photobucket, Technorati, Flickr, Youtube, among others), and the font used in the logo Smile.
the-geek
Daniel15 wrote:
_AVG_ wrote:

This isn't always the case... While it's not exactly the same thing, take a look at http://www.fontshop.com/fontfeed/2006/03/07/the-logos-of-web-20/ - It lists a few sites (MySpace, Skype, last.fm, Photobucket, Technorati, Flickr, Youtube, among others), and the font used in the logo Smile.
nice information daniel. trying to get some help from there....
Billwaa
I usually just type in the font I want in the search engine, like "Battlefield font"
datter
Try googling "what the font" it's a great online font ID app as well.
funnyerror
I have no idea what the Motorola Logo looks like anyway. And it's kind of odd that you would make a thread just to find out what font they use, they probably made up their own lettering anyhow.

-FE
hofodomo01
Just google search the motorola logo to see what it looks like.... Confused maybe you recognize it.

I know some custom font sites (ie dafont.com) contain font styles that imitate the fonts of such....franchises (is that the right word to use? 0_o)

But sites like dafont should have their own forums, maybe a font artist there could help you out.

Maybe even deviantart.com might have somebody who makes fonts like that...

Besides, the logo is pretty simple. At the very very very worst, you can just take a bold, thick font and italicize it....
apple
I googled the Motorola logo and it looks like a version of the Arial font to me, just leaned to the side a bit.
the-geek
@ funny error. u can see whats the benefit of making this thread for a simple font. i already got many advice and thought from all these replies. i understand that this font matter dont interest you much but it does to many others. Smile
Vrythramax
Then if it has helped you then the matter is -closed- to prevent spam. PM other users who have tried to help you.

Max