FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guild Wars 2

How do you feel about Guild Wars 2, are you?
Eagerly awaiting the release!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Waiting for more information.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Sticking with Guild Wars 1.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dropping Guild Wars!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Telnven
I'm posting about ArenaNet's announcement about the Guild Wars sequel, Guild Wars 2. I know there has been alot of positive and negative responces to the announcement and I was wondering what you think about the direction they seem to be going in, with GW.

Note: Please can we avoid the GW vs. WOW arguments, thank you.
Heart Ticket
Telnven wrote:
I'm posting about ArenaNet's announcement about the Guild Wars sequel, Guild Wars 2. I know there has been alot of positive and negative responces to the announcement and I was wondering what you think about the direction they seem to be going in, with GW.

Note: Please can we avoid the GW vs. WOW arguments, thank you.

I play Guild wars only just recently bought pvp edition for nightfall so now im happy Smile But this is the first im hearing off GW2. Ill have to check it out soon...

James
Senshida
I'm going to wait for more info. That whole article in PC Gamer could just be an April Fools prank.
mattchun
If it is another FPS game, I will be intersted.
Telnven
Quote:
I'm going to wait for more info. That whole article in PC Gamer could just be an April Fools prank.

It was released almost two weeks before April 1st in the US, how could it be a prank? - I've just found an official article at guildwars.com, http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases/pressrelease-2007-03-27.php.
Quote:
If it is another FPS game, I will be intersted.

No its not an FPS its a CORPG/MMORPG, with three campaigns Prophecies (1st), Factions (2nd) and Nightfall (3rd).

Supposedly they are releasing an expansion (Eye of the North) which requires you own one of the three campaigns, which will link together GW1 and GW2. For more information head over to the Guild Wars Game Wiki and the Guild Wars guru forum thread.
Ghost900
I read about it in PCGamer and I thought it sounds cool.

I will probably get it since I loved the original Guild Wars and it is being made by the same people so it may be different but not too different.

It does kinda sound like WOW though with dungeons and Races and a Persistence world but I think it is changing to be more MMO than CORPG so the only MMO that runs in my head is WOW but it has Free online play so I will buy it more than likely.

But I am really Exited about Guild Wars Eye of the North.
(I loved the instancing all the time). Very Happy
Telnven
Ghost900 wrote:
I read about it in PCGamer and I thought it sounds cool.

I will probably get it since I loved the original Guild Wars and it is being made by the same people so it may be different but not too different.

It does kinda sound like WOW though with dungeons and Races and a Persistence world but I think it is changing to be more MMO than CORPG so the only MMO that runs in my head is WOW but it has Free online play so I will buy it more than likely.

But I am really Exited about Guild Wars Eye of the North.
(I loved the instancing all the time). Very Happy

Thats my worry with Guild Wars 2, it sounds like a World of Warcraft ripoff, for example the only people who have atually complained about the lack of jumping in GW is people who don't play the game, people who mainly play WOW.

Although I think that ArenaNet did a fantastic job with GW, lets just prey they don't screw up GW2!
Telnven
ArenaNet have already started to release updates in preparation for Eye of the North a list of updates can be found here: http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Game_updates/20070405.

GuildWiki wrote:
Pet Controls

* The Pet Control panel may be accessed by pressing the button next to the pet’s name in the Party panel.
* The Pet Control panel displays a pet's name, portrait, command buttons, and Health Bar.
* Pets can be instructed to "attack," "guard," and "heel" through the use of the panels' command buttons.

GuildWiki wrote:
Skills Template Interface

* Added an interface to allow players to link template codes into chat. This interface can be accessed through the new Template Codes option in the template menu.
* Clicking a template code link will bring up the new interface, which will allow other players to view the linked template and its template code. They can then choose to save or apply this template directly through the interface window.

* The information used in the above quotes is taken from GuildWiki and is available under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike.
Telnven
Telnven wrote:
ArenaNet have already started to release updates in preparation for Eye of the North a list of updates can be found here: http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Game_updates/20070405.

GuildWiki wrote:
Pet Controls

* The Pet Control panel may be accessed by pressing the button next to the pet’s name in the Party panel.
* The Pet Control panel displays a pet's name, portrait, command buttons, and Health Bar.
* Pets can be instructed to "attack," "guard," and "heel" through the use of the panels' command buttons.

GuildWiki wrote:
Skills Template Interface

* Added an interface to allow players to link template codes into chat. This interface can be accessed through the new Template Codes option in the template menu.
* Clicking a template code link will bring up the new interface, which will allow other players to view the linked template and its template code. They can then choose to save or apply this template directly through the interface window.

* The information used in the above quotes is taken from GuildWiki and is available under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike.

Regarding these updates, have any of you experienced any bugs in Guild Wars as a result of the updates?

Some examples I've experienced are laggy sound - which I had never experienced before the updates, and a point towards a title I'm quite frankly nowhere near getting (a little weird),
Commando_Sondre
I'm not experiencing any kind of bugs or anything. GW runs very well on my computer. But, I'm looking forward to GW2. But I'm gonna drop of and start with AoC.
carlokes
Hi there,

I'm sooooooo gonna buy it and play it like there's no tomorrow lolololol Smile )I love guild wars series and I really look forward to it.

Stay Cool !!
Guyon
Here is a nice link and update to for Guild Wars 2:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

I really hope that they don't screw it up because I am such a fan of the original Guild Wars. It is the best free (no monthly charge). PLease keep it free play! Though I am not saying EQ or WOW is a bad game, I just like the no monthly charge. I don;t have the time to play every day to make it worth a monthly fee.

*UPDATE*
Pricing and continued support

The original Guild Wars will continue to be supported after release of Guild Wars 2. This will include continued holiday events and tournaments.

There will be no monthly fee associated with Guild Wars 2. Mike O'Brien has stated that expansions or mini-expansions are more likely than standalone campaigns, but a final decision hasn't been made yet.

The game will be on multiple servers or "worlds," but players will not be bound to a world and may therefore change worlds as they would districts, except that they encompass the entire game, instead of just an oupost.