FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No more posts?

spider
I was just wondering, not suggesting,, but for frihost to stay running without anyone in the forums making posts to keep there account,,, what would have to be done? would it have to become a pay site? or other means for Bondings to make some money to keep the servers and stuff running? Just curious...
Bondings
As being active on our forums is a requirement for a hosting account, you can safely assume that when nobody is posting, it means that there are no hosting accounts left that need to be hosted and hence no servers are needed. But that will most likely not happen anywhere soon. Wink

Or did you mean something different?
Blaster
And there will always be people posting here. These forums that are this big are pretty good. It would take a lot to kill a forum like this. So you don't have to worry about frihost switching to paid hosting. Even if so its frihosts aim to offer free quailty web hosting. (I read that somewhere just forget where)
tidruG
Well, since the revenue generated from the ads on the forums is what is used in paying for the purchase and upkeep of the servers, without the forums, we wouldn't have money, and so there would be no Frihost.

The only option would be to either become a paid host or to have lots of donations.
simplyw00x
I think Frihost could probably survive on donations, but the complete 'open house' on hosting would have to close, and people like me would have to stop being stingy. I don't think Frihost is the kind of place that could or would deliver paid hosting, as with Bondings being busy as he is, he always (quite rightly) needs the fall-back of 'you get hat you pay for'. Bear in mind he's probably making not very much off Frihost as it stands - to make a paid hosting service would be to do this full-time and hence have to turn enough of a profit to be a wage.
spider
No bondings, actually, everyone answered my question...lol
thanks
sabe
I think that the posting requirement is needed. I think the one of the reasons that this site keeps "fresh" is that you are required to keep posting. Frankly I think it is a pain at times. I do keep active because I know that if I don't post I will lose my status as a member.

I know that if I post somebody will read and possibly reply because as a member you have to read & reply to somebody. I look at it like my mental "fee" for keeping this forum alive.

I do wish you could build more points. I tend to do things in spurts. I tend to have free time irregularly. When I have time it is in a block. I can build points and then know that I have a little time when I get busy at work.

I wish that verbosity was not rewarded as much as it is here. I think that it is better if you can say something in a short message why write a long one. I tend to ramble but hate reading long messages. It takes too long to find the actual facts, tips etc. You don't need a story each time you try to get a message. That reminds me of a story about the person who was writing just to get points.

They tended to put a log to space between paragraphs to gain points. I would never do that. Nor would I pad the messages just to gain those very elusive points.

I hope you get my point...
truespeed
sabe wrote:
I think that the posting requirement is needed. I think the one of the reasons that this site keeps "fresh" is that you are required to keep posting. Frankly I think it is a pain at times. I do keep active because I know that if I don't post I will lose my status as a member.

I know that if I post somebody will read and possibly reply because as a member you have to read & reply to somebody. I look at it like my mental "fee" for keeping this forum alive.

I do wish you could build more points. I tend to do things in spurts. I tend to have free time irregularly. When I have time it is in a block. I can build points and then know that I have a little time when I get busy at work.

I wish that verbosity was not rewarded as much as it is here. I think that it is better if you can say something in a short message why write a long one. I tend to ramble but hate reading long messages. It takes too long to find the actual facts, tips etc. You don't need a story each time you try to get a message. That reminds me of a story about the person who was writing just to get points.

They tended to put a log to space between paragraphs to gain points. I would never do that. Nor would I pad the messages just to gain those very elusive points.

I hope you get my point...

Sabe you have 36 points,the way the system works means,that you dont have to post again for 36 days should you so wish,36 days, thats 5 weeks,and if you come back in 5 weeks, do one of your spurts,lets say 7 good length posts,which will earn you another 35 points,which would mean you could go off for another 5 weeks. If you get to the max 45 points,you can pretty much get away with visiting the forums every two months,thats only 6 times yearly.
Vrythramax
It drives me crazy when I can't view the forums daily, my points usually remain at the 45 mark, unless I am away due to work or personal reasons.

Frihost has all the makings of a fine paid hosting service, and in my opinion Bondings should look into this aspect. Keep the free hosting for sure, but also more services/advantages for those who are will and able to pay for hosting.

Seems to me that it would be a blending of both worlds. Reliable, profitable, efficient, and accessable to all...free or paid.
shorty18
i think another good reason for that rule is pretty much:

if your not posting anymore... your probably not on enough to host your site. hence, the idea to delete your account to lower bandwith/usage. save more money? I don't know im just trying to make sense out of what I know.