FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need you opinion on fluctuating website please!?!

Ratman2050
Well as the topic states I need your opinion.

One of my users on Fantasy PC Community has alerted me that he is not really feeling a steady niche to the site, in other words, whats the main deal. This is the real topic, you should read this to understand better :Here

Now if you understood that, what is your opinion?

Should I or should I not change the entire theme of the website. I am beginning to think the broadness is taking away visitors, and I have to stick to a unique specific topic.

I need some help please! All advice givers will have 5 Frih$ given to!

Thank you!
reddishblue
Fantasy PC wrote:
technology, gaming, security, information, announcements, computers

None of these are even Fantasy, it seems your website has been wrongly named, you could argue that the gaming one may include that, I would either focus on Fantasy, books, games, websites esc... Or you can drop the Fantasy and keep the computer news.
One things for sure, you either need to keep only fantasy, or keep only PC.
Vrythramax
Since I can't figure out where this particular topic belongs, I am moving it to "Contests" as the author is offering a reward for participation.

Moved to the Contests Forum.
Ratman2050
Vrythramax wrote:
Since I can't figure out where this particular topic belongs, I am moving it to "Contests" as the author is offering a reward for participation.

Lol thanks.

At first I wasn't sure where to put it either.
saratdear
I think, when you started Fantasy PC, you wanted it as a site where all the fantasies about PCs came true. Sort of, anyway. Then you started going off-topic.

My advice is :- Do not change the domain name. Just delete some of the general forums, include 2 or maximum 3 general forums with all the possible subforums, and then, include even more forums about all the things you could possibly think of doing online or offline, everything about computers. Then, change the overall look of the site. Make it more techy. Discard the fantasy look. Go geeky - yes, I mean it - and stop discussing about American Idol, Mr.Bean, NCAA tournament, etc. Discuss only about computers. Hardcore gaming, web designing, online scams, consoles; yes, everything, possibly everything you can think of about computers.

In my opinion, this is what you could do. Smile
Vrythramax
Ratman2050 wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Lol thanks.

At first I wasn't sure where to put it either.

Do I get 5 FRIH$ for figuring out where the topic belonged?

The staff works for free.
Ratman2050
I paid everyone 5 Frih$.

But I misclicked Vrythramax and gave you 5 extra. Sad
HalfBloodPrince
'Fantasy' makes people thinks your talking about only PC games.
Vrythramax
Ratman2050 wrote:
I paid everyone 5 Frih$.

That's odd, I was never notified of any donation. Since I don't really watch my FRIH$ I can't tell if anything was added.
Ratman2050
Well I used to have 390 Frih$.

Then I gave 5 to saratdear. That leaves me with 385.

Then I gave 5 to you so I have 380, but I misclicked and pressed twice so I lost another 5, so I have 375 Frih$.

And if you look at my Frih$, it is about right (a few posts here and there probably made it go up a few frih$).
Scorpio
Vrythramax wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:
I paid everyone 5 Frih$.

That's odd, I was never notified of any donation. Since I don't really watch my FRIH$ I can't tell if anything was added.

Actually, you wont be notified of a donation unless the donator sends a message with the donation.
Ratman2050
Oh yeah, I don't recall sending a message.
Flakky
He/she is completely right (SnakeSkin950), there are a lot of things off-topic. I should remove the side bar on the left side (you know, the one with the off-topic poll Laughing ), after that, it should be less broad and the theme should be more like Earth Elements. And your site has some links to sites which provide hacks for online games.

Furthermore the site looks nice Wink
raine dragon
if fantasy (dragons, wizards, elves, fairies, etc..) is supposed to be your theme, then maybe you might want to rethink the layout. Event though the content it's self seems to have some issues as mentioned above, the layout doesn't scream fantasy to me. In fact, it kinda seems very cold, dead and metallic.

(I don't know how the contests work here, if you are supposed to give everyone a prize or whatever, but please, do not feel the need to give me one; I posted because I wanted to, not for the points. )