FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

something wierd??

vaoger
well i saw something wrong when i start my computer...
a blue screen with the window xp logo at the top left of the screen...
it said :
Quote:

now checking disk
sytem ntfs
unable to direct acess the disk
scan disk completed...

something like that...

i am window xp sp2 window user...
the screen start after it have a crash coasing bu the power cut!!
can someone help me out??
silverdown
This is the best thing i think of what happened

Below is the best screen shot i could find that look like what you described
Code:
http://www.simplyguides.net/images/guides/convert_fs_ntfs/7.jpg

The power was cut when it was doing something important then when it rebooted it order a scan disk to make sure the disk was ok now if the computer still works it MAY have fix it i cannot be too sure if it did. I am still not sure if it harmed your computer so nothing might have happened but a scan disk was ordered anyhow as a security fail safe.

What i would do is run a scan disk

Here are 2 ways to do this But here is the easiest way

1 - Easy way

click on START then click on MY COMPUTER

You should see a area called HARD DISK DRIVES there should be at least 1 drive there mine is Local Disk (CSmile you maybe have more or be different. right click on it and click on properties

there should be tabs click on TOOLS tab
Look for the ERROR-CHECKING and click the CHECK NOW
Check the "Automatically Fix File System Errors"
click on START

you will get a pop up that states there area files that need to be access when starting up and it can only be access when starting up then it asks if you want to schedule one for the next reboot if you really want to do this click YES then reboot it is a 3 step scan it will take about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of you Hard Disk the computer will reboot itself when the scan is done

I also had my computer re-calculate memory and devices installed then it will start as normal.
vaoger
i have try all you step... but its still wont work...
the screen..
Code:
http://www.simplyguides.net/images/guides/convert_fs_ntfs/7.jpg

keep showing up....
johanfh
So your computer hangs on scandisk? There are three things you can try:

1. boot your pc in safe mode.
You do this by pressing f8 when booting the pc and choose 'safe-mode'. After that, run scandisk in the way silverdown proposed.

2. boot your pc in msdos-mode and then run checkdisk, the dosversion of scandisk.
You do this by pressing f8 when booting the pc and choose 'safe-mode with command prompt'.
Now your screen becomes black and there's something like C:\>_
Type 'cd windows' and press enter
Type 'cd system32' and press enter
Type 'chkdsk' and press enter.
Now your disk is being scanned. If it's finished, press the reset-button on your pc and reboot.

3. if this doesn't work and if you have a legal winxp cd (not a recovery-disk!!) boot with that cd in your cd-drive and choose 'repair existing windows installation'. Now the installer checks if there are important windowsfiles missing and it will put them back.
Don't use a recoverydisk for this because then your system will recover to the state it was when you bought it, so all your documents will be wiped out!

Just one more tip: look for some neighbour or friend with a little computerexperience to help you, and watch what he or she does.

Good luck!
JohanFH
bukaida
Seems you messed up with the file system. If your disk is not physicaly damaged(I mean bad sector), you should run chkdsk or scandisk from a boot disk or cd. If that is not possible, try to take your disk to a friend, install it as secondary HDD, boot and run the scanning tools from primary HDD.Running the scanning tool from the defective disk itself will not help much.If that also fails, You may end up with re-formatting your disk.
vaoger
bukaida wrote:
Seems you messed up with the file system. If your disk is not physicaly damaged(I mean bad sector), you should run chkdsk or scandisk from a boot disk or cd. If that is not possible, try to take your disk to a friend, install it as secondary HDD, boot and run the scanning tools from primary HDD.Running the scanning tool from the defective disk itself will not help much.If that also fails, You may end up with re-formatting your disk.

THANKS!
BUT i think should re=format the HD!
T.T