FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVD Image Writing

johnsonap
PROGRAM MEMORY AREA/RMA UPDATE FAILURE is what i get when i try and right iso files to DVD, been getting this for a while, but have another PC that i am able to use, but is now starting to p!ss me off to be honest....

Any suggestions on why i get this error messge, get it on both Alcohol120% and Nero??
johnsonap
I have since updated the firmware, but still with no joy. The hardware is an LG DVD 18x SuperMulti, just updated to Version 2 firmware...GSA-H12N...model number. Have tried different DVD makes, and did change my DVD Writer about 6 months ago thinking it was that...so irratating.
bukaida
tried it on different os?
sush
Did you try it on a different OS or with a different burning program? You should try one of those specialized ISO burning utilities like DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn and see if you get good results, or at least, a verbose description of the error.
xbcd
johnsonap wrote:
PROGRAM MEMORY AREA/RMA UPDATE FAILURE is what i get when i try and right iso files to DVD, been getting this for a while, but have another PC that i am able to use, but is now starting to p!ss me off to be honest....

Any suggestions on why i get this error messge, get it on both Alcohol120% and Nero??

i had a similar error and it has to do with the phase where the dvd drive powers up the laser and calibrates it for the media it is about to write to. When it trys to powerup it can not get the laser persision correct so it spits this error. All i can tell you is that you need a new dvd burner. Mine did this since it was a cheapo burner that came with my E-machines pc. Plus i had burned over 350 dvds with that burner so i was bound to have some issues. If you do a lot of burning then make sure you buy a good branded dvd burner. However i'm pretty sure you just have a dud cause Lite-on is supposidly a good brand.