FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

photographers needed

bjwok
Hi Folks,

I am working for a magazine called NearMe.

The magazine is dubbed "a handy guide to your local area" and is letterbox dropped in many local areas of Melbourne and Sydney.

We are currently looking for photos for the next issue of our Melbourne edition.

In particular, we are looking for photgraphy that covers the following areas:

KNOX, MAROONDA, YARRA RANGES
Bayswater North, Bayswater, Boronia, Canterbury Gardens, Croydon Hills, Croydon North, Croydon South, Croydon, Ferntree Gully, Heathmont, Kilsyth, Knoxfield, Mooroolbark, Ringwood East, Ringwood North, Ringwood, Rowville, Scoreby, Studfield, Wantirna South, Wantirna and Warranwood.

In return for the use of your photography we would offer you a full colour, coupon style ad (39mm x 58mm) in our magazine and on our website at www.nearme.com.au in return for 24 photos. (value $523 inc GST) You may supply your own ad design or I can design something for you.

We would like to have use of the photos in a non-restrictive license (ie, the ability to print them in our magazine and on the website, and reprint them if we choose).

TECH SPECS
Our full page is 230mm x 135mm, but it is also good to have a little bit extra for bleed.

Images will need to have a minimum resolution of 300ppi.

The NearMe page format is portrait in shape. A full page photograph needs to be portrait.

We can use landscape photos if we lay them out two on a page (one on top the other), or if we do a double page spread or an unusual layout.

Out of every five photos submitted, we would prefer at least four of them to be portrait.

Note: We are not accepting printed photgraphy for scanning at this stage.

STYLE SPECS
Nearme is a "good news guide" that encourages people to live local, spend local and to actively explore and enjoy the area in which they live.

The photos we're looking for should reflect this by representing local places of interest in a fun, interesting or artistic way. They can show a range of locations from the easily recognised to the little-known. It is often good to show people in the photographs to add colour and interest.

A caption for each photograph naming the location is required and a small sentence or paragraph to tell the story of the photo is encouraged.

If you are interested or require any further details my contact is:

Benon Koebsch
(02) 9350 7159
benon.koebsch@tradingpost.com.au

cheers
RiCtee
I live near some of those places listed and might be able to get some photos. What really should the photos be of?? Just any locations/buildings etc?

Umm....is it me or is the website down.
bjwok
Hi Rictee,

The site is running fine champ, are you still having issues with it?

In terms of actual images the photos we're looking for should reflect the localities specified in a fun, interesting or artistic way. They can show a range of locations from the easily recognised to the little-known. It is often good to show people in the photographs to add colour and interest.

Hope this helps champ and happy shooting!

P.S. If you want to run any by me in terms of composition and subject matter, post a link to a low res version and we can take it from there...