FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Writing

brucedes
Who else here enjoys writing? I love it, to be honest, not only is it relaxing, but it's also helpful in clearing my mind, since I have all these ideas about characters, plots, locations, etc. floating around in my mind pretty much constantly.

Does anyone else feel the same?
m00tmuffin
I love writing. I've always been a big writer and a big reader ever since I was a kid...I think the two go hand in hand usually. It's a great way to sort of expel the demons in you (and the good things, too!) in a healthy way, regardless of if you are writing for an audience or just for yourself. There's something that goes on when you really get into the throes of writing that can end up being somewhat frightening and cathartic. I've been running with various storylines with the same set of characters for years and years now...probably close to seven years, and for some reason my brain just has never tired of them. They're almost a part of me now, even though nobody else would know it. It's a way to escape without ever actually needing to physically do so; after all, you can just sit and daydream all you want...
Shewolf
I guess I can but agree with your posts. I have always loved to write, if not "stories" so at least something. Just sit, and make thoughts into words, lines and chapters. And to see where it ends.
A wonderful way of exploring life, without have to move a meter Smile
Satori
Writing is ok. I can't say I do much of it, but I can say that I certainly don't enjoy writing papers for a class. If I choose to write anything, it has to be on a topic of my own choice or else I won't enjoy it at all. And if I don't enjoy it, I won't do it (or if doing it for a class, I'll hate it while I do it.)
darvit
My sister and I used to write stories when we were younger. As I grew older, I found less time for writing stories. We landed a short-lived job, when I was thirteen: we were hired to be writers for a children's graphic novel. Unfortunately, the project was abolished because the sponsors withdrew their funds. Sad But hey, we got paid for that, though. Laughing

I do, however, enjoy writing those essays and term papers for class. XD I used to have an opinion column in our school paper back in high school, and I wrote "hard news" mostly, so I guess that's why I have an affinity for the "boring" stuff.
HollyChris
Personaly I can't stand writing. Maybe it is becuase I can't spell to save my life. And can never remember all those grammer and spelling rules. I do enjoy doodling from time to time though.
Jakob [JaWGames]
In my opinion writing is a very good way to get out your feelings and also a good way to put words on what you are thinking. And it is a good way to train your grammar Smile
SlugDragon
I loved being in my creative writing class, 'cuz even though I love to write, I never do unless I have a reason. Obviously, grades count as a very good reason.

As the leader of the school's literary magazine group, the teacher took some of my longer stuff and submitted it arbitrarily, and so some of my stuff is going in there.

A lot of the time, my writing is of life after nuclear warfare, if any exists in that particular piece.

Most all of my writing, similarly, has to do with life AFTER some sort of apocalypse, such as, as I said, nuclear warfare, flooding (think waterworld, but anarchy), and hell coming to reign on Earth.
TheGustav
I don't necessarily like to write.... I have found myself to be pretty good at it when I need to for a class though. I'm quite creative when it comes to writing stories, or even essays... I have a strong personal voice in essays, and my stories are definitely always exciting. Very Happy

I do love to read though, reading is a great way to escape from everything, just for a little while.
adielo
SlugDragon wrote:
I loved being in my creative writing class, 'cuz even though I love to write, I never do unless I have a reason. Obviously, grades count as a very good reason.

As the leader of the school's literary magazine group, the teacher took some of my longer stuff and submitted it arbitrarily, and so some of my stuff is going in there.

A lot of the time, my writing is of life after nuclear warfare, if any exists in that particular piece.

Most all of my writing, similarly, has to do with life AFTER some sort of apocalypse, such as, as I said, nuclear warfare, flooding (think waterworld, but anarchy), and hell coming to reign on Earth.

I agree with you Embarassed
thealpha
i like writing melody very much,and sometimes stories