FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Does It Mean To "Follow Your Heart"?

Heart Ticket
Well i've heard a awfull lot of people tell me to "Follow my heart" when im making choices, What the hell does it mean anyway??
I don't tend to make choices with my heart i leave it to my brain Razz
Sorry i don't exactly understand the phrase...
Does it mean i should just guess? you know Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
Choose the easiest option?
Is it a religious saying?
Or just choose one to shut every one up?

Please someone less "Evil","Dark,"Gothic" as im usually described as explain it to me.

Thank You,
Warm Regards,
James
blue77
to do stupid things, just because you want to.
And to do romantic things, which your partner likes
Heart Ticket
blue77 wrote:
to do stupid things, just because you want to.
And to do romantic things, which your partner likes

hmm.... i agree with doing stupid things, just because i want to but the romantic things she likes screw that! lol Very Happy

James
RubySlasher
It means, that once in a lifetime, every man comes to a cross walk, one which he has to hastily make a decision for while crossing. He must make this decision before the little orange cross walk sign guy evolves into a massive RED HAND.
What I mean to say is, everybody must wage their piece of pie in the sky....
Everybody must follow the rock in their souls.

SPOILER:
|bacon bacon! bacon bacon!|
Azmo
not that hard to understand, is it? we say that our heart will guide us trough life.. follow your heart isn't harder then that..

It basicaly means that you should do what you feel is right. And I don't know about you, but I dont feel that the easiest way always is the right one. So follow your feelings, do what feels right Smile
Heart Ticket
Azmo wrote:
not that hard to understand, is it? we say that our heart will guide us trough life.. follow your heart isn't harder then that..

It basicaly means that you should do what you feel is right. And I don't know about you, but I dont feel that the easiest way always is the right one. So follow your feelings, do what feels right Smile

Yea... you don't know me so ill tell you now lol.... my sense of right and wrong is really really bad (not going to give examples) So well i don't know i guess ill just do what feels right to me (which could be the opposite to everyone else) is that right??

James
molif
follow what your heart says always point to the right path.. but sometimes can make you encounter something hurtful or tragic moments.. end up u blame urself for not using ur brain.. but well...

i always follow my heart.. coz i will never know where i will lead myself into..
Azmo
Heart Ticket wrote:
Azmo wrote:

Yea... you don't know me so ill tell you now lol.... my sense of right and wrong is really really bad (not going to give examples) So well i don't know i guess ill just do what feels right to me (which could be the opposite to everyone else) is that right??

James

Yep.. be true to yourself.. what you feel is right can sometimes be the opposite to what everyone else thinks/feels/says..

However, this is a pure guess, but your "problem" with selecting right from wrong is most likley in ur head. No offence here, but I belive that if we take time and rly feel what our heart tells us to do.. it becomes pretty clear after a while.. wasup with doing those miss judges anyways?

Anyways, hope u sort it out and thrust ur feelings.
Guelila
well i take "follow your heart" as "do what you want to do"...
ehh? Smile
azbuky
Hi,

I think it's pretty obvious what "follow your heart" meens. It just meens to follow your heart, while taking a decision. Very Happy No, honestly... To follow your heart is to take a decision based not on the logical part of it, but on what YOU want! Usually, when you have to make up your mind about something, you have to choose. In most cases, between something you want and something you should do. Following your heart is doing what your heart tells you to do, no matter what the consequences might be!

I advice everyone to follow his heart, because it's the only way you can keep the world equilibrium...

Good day!
imera
Follow your heart-....

I was just watching Moulin Rouge yesterday and that is a very good example. She could have chosen the rich bastard so she could get whatever she wanted, or the poor guy wich she loved alot. She followed her heart in the end even if it wasn't the best she could have choosen
Bluedoll
Sure, I think I know the answer to that one. "Listen to your heart" means listen to your brain since your heart is located in your brain. I know that sounds like it doesn't make sense but . . .

Brain function can change with chemical change induced by heart rate or emotional content such as anger for example. We just don't think typically think the same in a fit of rage.

There are also different ways or levels of thinking. We can think in words or we can visualize things something such as seeing with pictures, smells, touch. Also our emotional state at the time of making a memory can have something to do with the way we perceive things.

So that being said, to listen with our heart is a way of thinking with the part of us that gives us a feeling and a perception of things that exist on a conscience level not necessarily a simple logical one.

In other words, watch Spock in Star Trek Series and consider being more human sometimes. We all need to do this from time to time.

Wink
Heart Ticket
Guelila wrote:
well i take "follow your heart" as "do what you want to do"...
ehh? Smile

Yeh, so much easier way of saying it really Razz its what your all trying to say but you know simpler
Manus et Therion
Read my signiture. Follow your heart means go with your love. If, for example, you have to decide where a relationship should go from where you are, do you allow yourself to trust that certain someone, go with your love. Find out, first, where you love lies. Then go with it. Following is neither about wanting, and most significantly, it isn't even deciding. It is allowing. Follow your heart does not always mean what you want, but what you find natural.
pollux1er
After a bit reflection on the topic, i should tell you that, every human being think generally with his brain. I mean that every body most of the time follow their brain. Every animal follows their brain (talking of those which can do).

We are human, we have a hearth, to help us, of this we call our brain in this position is still comming from our brain, beacause scientifics has shown that our feelings, our emotions, are coming from our hypothalamus from the brain. So our brain has got another fuction that no brain (talking of the brain of animals) got that second fuction.

That second fuction tell us in a different way how to fell things after we think of them.

When one tells you to follow your hearth, it means you should feel them that way, including your personal feelings, not only according to your brain!!!
centroeducativoasodesi
Well, to follow your heart is not only follow your feelings, or in the other hand, to think cold about what you feel. IT IS TO KEEP THE BALANCE between both things and try to reach an objective point of view of the decision you are going to make.

Life is based in decision making, when a person is in love, most feeling tend to control his/her intelligent selection faculty. The most important thing is to evaluate the decision and evaluate its consequences.

Choose. Love. and be well!
Drawingguy
This goes back to the lodestone. While this stone (or whatever a lodestone is made of) may have been magnetized, and it did point towards magnetic north and south, underground scholars in Tang China discovered the compasslike effects of the heart. Therefore, the phrase 'follow your heart' derived from the innate ability of the heart to point towards the north. So don't use moss, or a compass, or the sun's position- just rip out your heart, and see which way the superior vena cava points.

It just means do what you feel like (to a limit- don't set fire to a building because an employee was rude...learned that the hard way), instead of doing what reason tells you.
brilliantbeauty
Okay, I'm short on time so I'm going to say this briefly, as I'm with you with the "let's use our brains instead" thing. Basically, it means, when you come to a tough choice, think it all the way through. And then just screw that all and do what feels right whether it has more cons or pros. Stop thinking about everything else, and just go with what YOU want to do. Very Happy
knight_frost
Follow your heart eh? To follow one's heart does not mean to be stupid coz what governs the heart is still the mind and mind is governed by reason. So its not easy to say, its stupidity. To follow one heart means to free yourself not from your rationality, but to free yourself from all the ideas the hinders you to loving someone. This act may sound stupid but its not stupidity at all. THat act may be irrational but mind you, its more rational than your reasons.
SyncM
Follow your heart do the things that feel right. If your friend say dont get a relationship with that girl but your heart say yes, its follow your heart then if it break or not its another question.

But dont mix what your littel friend say (mr d**k) and the what the heart say many persons take wrong there.
ReubenWilliams
yeah definatly, in order to "follow your heart" you have to trust your self.
If people are telling you your desicions are bad or that you have poor judgement then theese kinds of thoughts will lead you to fear your own intuition and so cloud your judgement.

It is important to relax and find your own expressionistic groove, your history will add up to the person you are and if you accept that and choose to embrace it, the impulses that you feel and the choices you need to make to be the kind of person you want to be what are described with the phrase follow your heart.
Srs2388
A lot of the post here are correct.
*to me* follow your heart means do what you think is best... trust yourself... this isn't someone else's decision.
The "follow your heart" choices are the hardest ones to make.
good luck
creezalird
what comes in ur mind first...just follow that....
melissareich
I had to write a paper for English on the topic of "goals" and one of my body paragraphs was all about following your heart. What I think it means is that you stand up for what you believe in... like

hmm, your girlfriend thinks you should quit your job... and you really don't want to though you are second guessing yourself. She says it's the best way out... but you still disagree. So you don't quit your job and she leaves you... basically you followed your heart or "stood up for what you believed in".

"Following your heart" is just an easy way to say "doing what you want to do... it's more of an overused phrase... that's why I understand why you didn't clearly get it Very Happy
Olaaa
To follow your heart means to do what you feel inside is right. Deep inside you always know what to do, where to go, which path is good for you. When you follow your heart you feel peace, when you go against your heart you feel uneasy.

I heard somewhere that to follow your heart is difficult but to go against it is even more...The choice is yours.
loveandormoney
Heart Ticket wrote:
Well i've heard a awfull lot of people tell me to "Follow my heart" when im making choices, What the hell does it mean anyway??
I don't tend to make choices with my heart i leave it to my brain Razz
Sorry i don't exactly understand the phrase...
Does it mean i should just guess? you know Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
Choose the easiest option?
Is it a religious saying?
Or just choose one to shut every one up?

Please someone less "Evil","Dark,"Gothic" as im usually described as explain it to me.

Thank You,
Warm Regards,
James

First: Dont treat a woman like a car
like many men in this board did.

Your brain is offerering trouble
this way You destroy relationship: Heat does mean be relaxed and enjoy.

Example:
Follow heart does mean
enjoy Your sex.
jhonitekra
hi good looking your site nice posting thanks for sharing information i like this blog.

Pilates For Beginners
Pilates Anytime
loveandormoney
I like the forum too.
Very interesting people are writing here.