FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Code Geass

zanzou
Is anyone else following this anime? I'm quite behind, but I really loved what I saw of it.

(And even though recent events which I've been spoiled for seem to be pissing people off/scaring them off the anime, I think the ideas for it are very cool... :D Even it if leads to people being "evil" and/or dead.)

It really reminds me of Gundam Wing (back in the days of my youth...~), and I can't wait to see more. x3
driftingfe3s
Code Geass is quite good. The season is pretty much over now. Episodes 24 and 25 will come out in the summer and there is a confirmed second season. It was my favorite of all the winter anime that I started.
crimson_aria
Aside from Death Note, Code Geass is the other anime that got me really hooked that season. And I'm really sad that I'm left behind too. Due to school works, I was out of the net world for months. I'm trying to catch up with the anime but I'm still finding time to download it. I'm glad to know that there's a second season. I love the anime.
Revvion
On of the few i really enjoy at the moment, got a good solid story. but i just hate having to wait for the other episodes
scimitarmoon
I'm in love with this anime, and I've been more or less obsessing over it since my sister first sent me screenshots of Kallen. I think it has a great storyline (I adore alternate history and science fiction, so in my opinion Geass has a great combination of both) and interesting characters. The only characters I find myself disliking are the ones that haven't had enough development in my opinion, namely CC (though I've only watched through episode 14 at the moment).

It's pretty rare for me to buy dvds of anime (or any show or movie), but I did order the first dvd of Code Geass - even though I don't speak Japanese.

Laughing I've also cosplayed Kallen's terrorist costume and am planning to make her Black Knight uniform and school uniform this summer. I don't think I've ever been this in love with an anime before, not even Shoujo Kakumei Utena, which I adore.
zanzou
Did anyone else see that it basically topped all the Animage favorite anime/episode/characters polls?

:D Good for it.
scimitarmoon
No, I didn't notice that... but that's awesome. It's such a good show.
crimson_aria
zanzou wrote:
Did anyone else see that it basically topped all the Animage favorite anime/episode/characters polls?

Very Happy Good for it.

Are you referring to the Newtype poll? I saw it too. YAY for Code Geass!

I really love the anime. It has so many twist and it's story is bounded with mystery. There are many questions still unanswered. And it's very tragic. The last two episodes were quite shocking for me.

I love Lelouch's character. He's just not fighting his way for revenge or for an ideal world for Nunally.. he has feelings. the way he was saddened about what he did to Shirley ( I cried in this episode) and the fact that he cried about what happened to Euphemia.. it moves me.

I like how C.C is so crazy for pizza. LOL

and I don't like Nina. She annoys me. xD hehe. I can't wait for summer. Episodes 24 & 25. I hope the season ender will be very good.
zanzou
crimson_aria wrote:

Are you referring to the Newtype poll? I saw it too. YAY for Code Geass!

No, I'm talking about the Animage poll-- you can look at/download it here: http://piccu.livejournal.com/2880.html
scimitarmoon
crimson_aria wrote:
I love Lelouch's character. He's just not fighting his way for revenge or for an ideal world for Nunally.. he has feelings.

I think for me the characters are one of the draws of the show. Most of them have a lot of depth to their character, rather than just being stereotypes. The only one I really don't get is CC, though I think if I had managed to get subtitled copies of certain episodes that I might understand her better (like with the whole Mao situation, which I will have to try downloading somewhere else so I can get subs that work).

It's great the way the characters' feelings and ambitions (for lack of a better word) interact and collide throughout the show. I like that Lelouch makes mistakes and ends up hurting people he cares about... it makes the show seem much more real and less like a fantasy adventure thing where everyone lives happily ever after. There's consequences for every action, and the characters have to deal with them as best as they can.
crimson_aria
zanzou wrote:
No, I'm talking about the Animage poll-- you can look at/download it here: http://piccu.livejournal.com/2880.html

Oh, thanks. It's amazing Code Geass got the number one spot for favorite anime when it's not even finished yet. well, i'm not opposing. Code Geass is damn great. One of my favorite anime ever. I just hope the ending doesn't ruin its wonderful story.

scimitarmoon wrote:
I think for me the characters are one of the draws of the show. Most of them have a lot of depth to their character, rather than just being stereotypes. The only one I really don't get is CC, though I think if I had managed to get subtitled copies of certain episodes that I might understand her better (like with the whole Mao situation, which I will have to try downloading somewhere else so I can get subs that work).

I was quite surprised with Mao. He suddenly showed up threatening Lelouch and his loved ones. I was like, "who in the world is this scary crazy guy?!" but I find his character very interesting too. Maybe things would have worked rather well with Shirley and Lelouch if he hadn't interfered. But I like how things turned out with Shirley. I think it's the best Lelouch could do for her. sad, but nice. And as for C.C.. there are still tons of unanswered questions about her. I like her and her pizza craze. xD
hofodomo01
I have a question...I read that CLAMP did the "original" character designs. Did they still end up doing the final character designs, or did someone else? That always confused me...
crimson_aria
^ maybe? eerr.. I don't know too. but the character designs are credited to them so maybe.

the finale premiere will be held on July 21. agh.. I wish it won't take too long for them to show it on TV.
driftingfe3s
Episodes 24 and 25 came out! Ahh, I hated how the season ended. HOpefully season two starts out soon!
carlokes
Hi there,

I started to watch this series after someone here at the forum posted that this anime was probably the best of 06-07 and probably one of the best of all time.

I doubted immediately but since i have never seen the anime before I let room for a possible mistake. Well now I have seen most of the anime (at least what have aired) and I think i was not wrong.

The anime is pretty good. A very good story and plot, very well drawn and although I not a huge fan of mechas, I quite enjoyed myself while watching this series.

To sum up, definitely a must see anime but not one of the best,, at least IN MY OPINION.

Stay Cool everyone.
scimitarmoon
I was in shock for a while about the way the first season ended. I should have expected something like that, but for some reason it took me by surprise. I'm really glad that the second season is confirmed (it would be awful to just end it on a cliffhanger like that!), and I can't wait to see it. I hear it's been licensed too, which makes me a very happy Geass-fangirl.
crimson_aria
^ yah, I heard it's already licensed.

I watched the season finale last week, and my god.. I knew it would be great! Code Geass didn't let me down. The intenseness of the finale is just super awesome. I got teary-eyed at the end.

Everything's going wrong for Zero.. I wonder what will happen to him now. And Nunally.. will she get a geass too through V.V? like in the manga?

I don't think Suzaku will be able to fire at Lelouch. Lelouch did 'geass' him to "live" after all. If he fires at Lelouch, then it means he's going to kill himself too because of the Sakuradite.

I don't get why Karen's so surprised. She knows that Zero is not Japanese. or have she totally forgotten about it? Or she's shocked because it's Lelouch?

I'm a big fan of Lelouch. He's my most favorite character in all of the animes I've watched. and I don't want to see him end up like Mao. But.. it's kinda hard to believe he's going to end up okay. I mean, he caused a BIG mess (even if he didn't intend some). If the staff is planning to kill him, I hope he dies decently. Though, I hope he does not die. XD

the ending was such a cliffhanger!! I'm really glad they're having a second season. but gah.. wait for October. Y__Y

sigh.. if only that damn geass didn't malfunction.. if only that episode about Euphemia killing the Japanese didn't happen. sigh.

I really love Code Geass. for me, truly one of the best anime ever!! the twist and the characters are so love.
ZeroXD
i just started watching code geass like a 3 days ago... and since I got the whole season at once, i pretty much finished it all in 2 days... yea pretty much all I've done in these few days is watch it.

I think the best thing about this show is how the depth of character development and all the plot twists.

I must say even though the last 2 episodes were totally packed with action and was a good watch, I was still dissapointed. Nothing was really resolved in them and it actually seems like it opened a ton of extra questions while resolving none of the old ones. I can obviously tell it was a ploy to hype up the second season, it just sucks that we'll have to wait such a long time to get any answers to our questions.

I can already tell it's gonna be painful watching an episode and waiting for the next to come out when the 2nd season does get released.
crimson_aria
I heard the second season will be on 2008? Man, and I was hoping they'd air it this October. >__<
crimson_aria
ZOMG. ahkhkjhgkjhlfdal CODE GEASS SECOND SEASON ON APRIL 2008!! kyaaaaa.. gah, why so long. but nevermind, at least we now know when.

I can't wait. i'm really excited to see this.

Teaser~
http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/434154.html#cutid1

so many speculations going on. no, I won't believe Lulu is dead. he can't die. Sunrise would be too foolish to kill him. Lulu is definitely the one under that mask. or if he's not, he's probably somewhere else. but for sure he'll be in the second season! HE HAS TO BE. i can't imagine watching code geass without him. Sunrise please don't kill him yet. if you're planning to, not at once okay? XD i wonder who that new kid is. he looks like Nunally in disguise. LOLOL. or prolly that's Lelouch himself. haha. cool new outfit Suzaku. so he's still under Britannia.. and probably got a higher rank. gah.. i'm going mad. April 2008. that's 4 months far!! OTL

i'm kinda scared. the first season was way too awesome. i hope i don't get disappointed with the second one. come now April. PLEASE
crimson_aria
HOLYSJGHjkhadkg the second season has begun! Code Geass R2 has come! Lelouch is back!! I have watched Turn 1 (the first episode) and I must say it didn't disappoint me at all. I thought it was pretty good as a season opener and a good bridge for the 1st and 2nd season. Of course, no questions answered and what happened at the end of R1 has not been explained yet. CLAMP's artwork at the ending song is awesome. I love the ending song too.

Spoiler wrote:
It turns out Lulu lost his memory. And not just him. It seems like everyone else has lost theirs too.

At last the long wait is over. Though, another week wait is going to be long, so, patience.. again. OTL
driftingfe3s
I downloaded the first episode of the R2 when it got fansubed and I only had time to watch it today. I thought it started out okay. I guess I was bit dissapointed becuase I really want to know what happened. Anywho, I hope there are some revelations in the next episode.
crimson_aria
well I wasn't expecting them to explain what happened in the first ep. you know Sunrise, they love cliffhangers. lol.
RubySlasher
I saw the first episode awhile ago, and it drew me in. I plan to watch more of it as soon as I have reliable internet.
crimson_aria
RubySlasher wrote:
I saw the first episode awhile ago, and it drew me in. I plan to watch more of it as soon as I have reliable internet.

yes watch it! Smile it draws you more each episode. it's an amazing anime.
Revvion
Really weird how they started in R2 but episode 2 was great Very Happy

Possible spoiler:
still a lot of questions about what that temple thing really was, and do all royal asses have geass now?
crimson_aria
^ geass = new fashion trend XD

seems like Sunrise is planning to postpone the 3rd episode of the second season because of the 6minute-leak. D: really depressing. OTL
Sundae
It's just me or Lelouch keep getting more and more evil Twisted Evil
can't hate him though Twisted Evil
Oh yeah, I wonder whether the Chinese Federation would support the Black Knight fully...
crimson_aria
I agree that Lelouch is getting more and more evil each episode.. DD: but like you said, I can't him. I just can't. xD what he did with Rollo made me think he's really bad.. err, well, almost. I know he has his reasons for doing the things he does, so I can't really see myself hating him. He is the most awesome anime character I've seen to date.

I haven't seen Episode 5 since I'm too afraid of how it will affect me. LOL. I will watch it tonight since the next ep is tomorrow. I am delaying it for a little bit so after Turn 5, Turn 6 is not that far away. haha.
Derbmeister
C.C. becoming a useless-slave-moeblob girl with amnesia...

For some reason I like her this way more than her original personality. >_>
crimson_aria
^ haha, so I've heard that C.C. lost her memory. I haven't watched Turn 15 & Turn 16 (but read some spoilers, lol). cause I'm having a hard time thinking about what's going to happen. i can't help but speculate and analyze and stuff. I'm going to watch as soon as there are enough episodes.
driftingfe3s
crimson_aria wrote:
^ haha, so I've heard that C.C. lost her memory. I haven't watched Turn 15 & Turn 16 (but read some spoilers, lol). cause I'm having a hard time thinking about what's going to happen. i can't help but speculate and analyze and stuff. I'm going to watch as soon as there are enough episodes.

What you heard is right. I wanted to wait so I could watch a whole bunch of episodes in a row, but I couldn't resist watching them as they came out. I don't know how you do it!
crimson_aria
^ I have no idea how I did it myself. XD

Code Geass is my current and only anime fandom at the moment. but it was messing up with my head, too much twists, so I decided to stop watching. I diverted my attention to some other fandom instead.

however, after reading Turn 17 spoilers, I decided to stop being stupid and watch the episodes I missed. I couldn't resist much longer. lol.

TURN 17 IS AWESOME.

It's amusing that Suzaku is now having a taste of Lulu's life -- getting blamed for something not entirely his fault. And vice versa, as Lulu is also having a taste of Suzaku's life -- getting betrayed. grr.. and all of it credits to Schneizel. rawr Sunrise. they were so close!!
driftingfe3s
So did anyone else watch the season 2 finale today? I thought it was a pretty good ending. Doesn't look like there would be another season considering the way it ended.

What did you guys think?

Now that Geass R2 is over, I can't wait for the second season of Gundam 00!
crimson_aria
I saw it on streaming then my stupid stream had to freakin disconnect after the first half. but i was able to connect again during the special part. and.. *SOBS*

I watched the full final turn this morning and I couldn't help but cry again. this ending deeply touched me. Code Geass is the most epic anime i've seen. It was more than awesome. Dramatic, tragic, and I like how Sunrise made it an open ending. like I can hear them say, "end it as you want it."

-- SPOILER AHEAD --

I know it's not the best ending Sunrise can think of, there are still questions left unanswered and viewers want those answers. but concerning the main character Lelouch, it was more than what I wished for. Lelouch Lamperouge is currently my most favorite character of all anime ever created. I've loved him since Season 1, and I thank Sunrise that they didn't destroy his character. Until the very end of the series, Lelouch showed his quality. The high regards I have for his character was even more strengthened. and his final moments with Suzaku and Nunnally were just so epic. so fabulously done. I think Sunrise did him justice. I know there are some who hated what happened and believes it's not what he deserves. but, seriously people, did you not see? he died happy. he did not die leaving Nunnally unaware of what he's really made of. the closest to him knew the truth. and more importantly, he died fulfilling the dreams he had for the people he cares about the most. even at the cost of his life.

and I do pity Suzaku. he'll be living a lie again and again. but i do think it's a satisfying ending for him. I love the friendship Suzaku and Lelouch had. even though it was kind of late, they understood each other finally. I like the irony that Suzaku is redeemed or punished or whataever with life and Lelouch with death. looking back at all that happened, the finale is so meaningful.

and I really don't care at all if he is still alive somewhere in the world or dead for real. though I never liked Sunrise's idea of killing people off then magically bringing them back to life the next, I can make this one exception with Lelouch. I do love his fantastic end, but I don't mind seeing him alive. if fans think it'll destroy the sacrifice he made, well, I think otherwise. even if he's still alive, being parted from the dearest people to him is a very very huge sacrifice too, perhaps worse than death.

-- SPOILER ENDS --

I love the ending Sunrise did for him. The ending did make up for the frustrations I had with the prior turns. but I demand more for the questions left unanswered. perhaps a special, Sunrise? but not a third season, I'm afraid it'll ruin the series more.

and now, I do not know what to do how to fill my Sundays anymore. ALL HAIL LELOUCH.
crimson_aria
so I just heard about the big announcement about Code Geass new project. I am kind of.. super worried. I absolutely love how they ended the series. I don't think I want more. I'm afraid they would ruin Lelouch's character. I wouldn't mind if they do it in someone else's point of view or something. Like, Suzaku of the Counterattack or Knightmare of Nunally, perhaps? But a continuation.. I am worried. XD the announcement was signed off as "Zero" though. So that says Zero's still around, whoever he would be. XD
QrafTee
Zero could be anyone... and that's awesome. The only thing is has to have is the Geass and it can be a sequel. I really don't want them to go resurrecting anyone from Season 1 + 2.
crimson_aria
^true, ressurecting anyone from Season 1 and 2 is a huge no for me. oh well, they've been ressurecting dead people in both seasons and that's what worries me. they might do it again this time. though, i am seriously hoping not. anyway, I'm still going to watch. whatever the project would be. i just hope it's not going to ruin the good light I see in the series. XD