FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THE DRESDEN FILES!!!

joyfulheart
As a lifelong (I am 59) sci-fi/fantasy lover, I think The Dresden Files is the most exciting program on TV at this time.

I have read ALL of Jim Butcher's books and I think that has helped me in understand the TV series. Unfortunately, there have been many changes from the book, most of them I think for the worse but something is better than nothing so to speak.

You have to be a fan of the genre in order to appreciate this series. It is not for the "average" TV watcher.

But for those of us who love fantasy and have enjoyed Jim's novels for years, this is a dream come true!! I just hope the series continues for many seasons to come.

joyfulheart
sondosia
Hey, I read those too...they're so unique and interesting.
silverdown
I watch "Dresden Files" on TV but one day they just disappeared off the schedule. They were interesting too. I might go buy the DVD set if there is one out.
Idoru
Also watched it, liked it and miss it. Heard the show was cancelled. To bad, since there isn't good reason for that.
No other series out there to replace it, and they hardly even started. Too bad.
Keran
Dresden files TV show was ok for me, I can't really compare it to the book, but judging from the TV show, I think that book was probably better. Too bad it was canceled, I would have continued to watch it.

What I didn't liked about the show, is as in every single sci-fi show like this (with magic or other super powers possesed by normal people in the modern world), is the super powers are never used enough and when they are being used, then only for higher purposes... Why can't they make one cool tv show with the main character that is greedy and not so noble, but he would still be saving people. (or maybe there is one, but I haven't watched it yet)