FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think about weight loss products?

k10000s
I see a lot of commercial advertisements on TV about weight loss products such as hydroxycut, smartburn, and so on. I am thinking to use one of them. Are these pills working to lose weight? Which one is best? Do they have side effects?

Please give your opinion on using them. Or give your experience if you used or are using one of them with specific details (which one? how long? how many wieght lost?...etc.).
GSIS
Unless there's a clinical reason for being overweight I think these things are best avoided.

Drink plenty of still water, get plenty of exercise, eat healthy food (lots of fruit, salad and veg - no more than a few ounces of meat a day) and the weight will fall off.

If there is a clinical reason for being overweight take weight loss products only with the knowledge of your doctor. They may interfere with any other medication you're on.

Now - if only I could stick to my recommendations ... Laughing
Azmo
Well, it's party true what they say about the pills.. But just eating the pills wont make u lose weight, if there where such a pill.. everyone would use it. Sience havnt taken us that far yet, kinda sure they will tho.. however, best way is as mentioned before.. eat healthy food, avoid red meat (everything but fish, chicken and turkey), also avoid high carb stuff like pasta and potato. And exercise, take a walk, a rum, a tour on your bicycle. Go to the gym, try to keep active.. and stay away from fast food.

The thing about those "weight-loss-pills" are that they release stuff in your body, making it easier for your body to burn fat, however, you still have to fix the burning part yourself. If you don't move, you will have the posibility in ur body, but you arn't using it. No effect at all.

Pretty much the same thing as eating gainer wont give u muscles unless u work out.. you will however gain weight, but fat, not muscles..

I'll be more then happy to help you out with this, since I've been working as a fitness instructor, gym instructor and life guard at a water palace for some time and we got some nice education there Smile

anyawys, GL with everything!
gh0stface
Weight loss products like seen in TV and magazines tend to make people think that if they start using them, they'll lose weight instantly.

I know a couple of my buddies have taken Hydroxycut and didn't like it very much. Both of them said it tended to mess with their heads to much. Making them easily aggravated or just kind of light headed.

Another buddy of mine just recently purchased ephedra. He says it does a fairly good job of curbing his eating habits... He only takes 1/4 of the pill too...
k10000s
I am going to gym five days a week to work out. I am working out for 1~1.5 hours each day. In this case, will these pills help to burn my fat effectively and to make my muscle easily? Also will they help to diminish my appetite?
Well, I know the best way to lose weight would be doing exercise and eat healty food as you said. However, I would like to try these pills if they help me lose wieght without side effects.
Azmo
k10000s wrote:
I am going to gym five days a week to work out. I am working out for 1~1.5 hours each day. In this case, will these pills help to burn my fat effectively and to make my muscle easily? Also will they help to diminish my appetite?
Well, I know the best way to lose weight would be doing exercise and eat healty food as you said. However, I would like to try these pills if they help me lose wieght without side effects.

No, and if you work out that often, I sure as hell hope you got a realy good schedual for your workout otherwise you will destroy your body or get some rly funy propotions.

Now, if you work out alot, and wanna lose weight think of this..

Stay away from red meat (everything but chicken and turkey)
    Rice Rice Rice, cut the potato and pasta.. high carbs..
    Tuna, eat it out of the can or make a salad.. tuna tuna tuna! Smile
    Carrots, always good to have at home,, eat instead of cany, chips and stuff
    Guess you wanna stay with bread, chose the darkest you can find.. the one that takes 5 minutes to slice one piece and 20minutes to eat
    Protein (including white meat and fish),
    stay away from low fat products.. alot less healthy then regular
    buy products with more fat, usualy contains alot less sugar then low fat stuff.. but LOOK ON THE BACK OF THE STUFF so you know for sure
    vegetables
    avoid cofee (only helps u burn in the morning, get's u to take a huge dump)
    drink lots of water
    and use low card exercise for burning, means long slow walks and stuff like that.. dont run, dont go fast.. that will give u muscles.. slow! that's burning.. stay active..

Stay away from the pills.. Protein does the work for you, and it's alot cheaper!

Good Luck!
Mare
I have a question about this topic...

If you take pills to burn your fat, where does the fat go when it is burned??
bangala
I always keep a distance from such products and I think they are not needed. Besides, most of these products are coming from purely commercial sources that are not accredited medically.
Macko112
An expensive sugar pill? No thanks. Try working out and eating right. Pills and drinks aren't going to do crap without exercise and proper diet. But then again if you exercise with a proper diet, the pills are unnecessary. Don't but them.
HoboPelican
I can't remember which one it was, but I seem to remember the FDA slapping one of those companies with fines for making false claims. I would really encourage you to stay away from any of these items that are not approved by the FDA. It isn't just the fact that the FDA requires clinical testing to proof effectiveness, but once approved, they monitor the quality control of the manufacturing.

If you want to lose weight, repeat after me....

Eat less. Exercise more.
m00tmuffin
I think that for the most part they're a load of rubbish...if you're losing any weight, it's probably because you're losing water weight. Most diet pills have some sort of diuretic in them which makes you pee a lot lot more, thus tricking you into thinking you're just "shedding the pounds off". Of course you just as easily can put that weight back on if you were to ever continue taking them which results in this big circle of wasted money and wasted time.

There are numerous other dangers to taking diet pills: each pill might interact with your body differently, sometimes resulting in major side effects...you could possibly become dependent on them, and worst of all, it could seriously mess up your metabolism. The last one seems like a really good idea, but since pills help you suppress your appetite most of the time (thus causing you to consume fewer calories and lowering your metabolism)...after a while it can really mess your body up.
k10000s
Well, most of you guys who replied have negative answer on using diet pills. From the your answers, I will not use those pills right away. I will try to eat healthier and do exercise more.

However, I want to know reviews from someone who actually used them.