FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you play Second Life?

polly-gone
Hi all.

I just posted this becuase i have nothing better to do.

I play on the Teen Second Life grid and we are doing a walk to join the main grid and teen grid in some areas. There will still be 2 spearate grids but there will be a few areas for intergrid commerce. The TSL walk is taking place on May 6th, 2007 at 12:00 PM PDT. IF you play TSL, join us, if you play on the main grid, organize one just like it. Okay well, the gorup leader said advertise so i did. Smile
Yjaxygames
I tried it but it's a bit weird. Walking goes shocky (even when I do all the graphics on the lowest) and it's not really clearly explained.
polly-gone
Yeah. Ture. It is a bit hard at first. I have been playing for 5 month now and i know all the ropes. It jut takes awhile to learn how to play it.
Yjaxygames
polly-gone wrote:
Yeah. Ture. It is a bit hard at first. I have been playing for 5 month now and i know all the ropes. It jut takes awhile to learn how to play it.

The game just doesn't look worth it to find out how everything works. At least for me. That's why I stopped.
iZen
I play games to escape reality. Playing Second Life seems a bit like playing a game of real life. I could never play it. :/
mattchun
I've heard about it, but my computer can not run it smoothly, so....
dray101
iZen wrote:
I play games to escape reality. Playing Second Life seems a bit like playing a game of real life. I could never play it. :/

Razz lol Razz

I agree, unless your unhappy with your life, why would you want to live a 'make believe' one? I can't see how it could be better than any descent normal life (I mean how does that food taste? are the girls just as cute?).

Also, aside form escaping reality, I play games to relax. How relaxing is Second Life??? somehow I think a good game of Call of Duty is far more relaxing and distressing.
dayveday
I've heard a lot about it, and its supposed to be pretty good. But I've got barely enough time for my first life so far! How do those people cope, spending hours upon hours a day playing on top of work/school? Must have someone cooking and cleaning for them (maybe pizza hut? yum. Wink)

I would like to get to spend more time gaming, but there are heaps of other things I'd like to do also. Decisions, decisions.
ShawnKelfonne
Eh, I've checked it out, but it really doesn't impress me. I find it to be really laggy unless you're running on extreme hardware, and although there's supposedly so much to do, I just find myself bored, wandering aimlessly. And as far as joining SL and TSL, well, I think it's a bad idea. I've seen some stuff in SL that makes my fur stand on end. ::shudders::

Teen Second Life is separated from the mainland for a reason, and it's a good one.
polly-gone
Well, there are some good advantage to Second Life.

1.) It is completely user created.
2.) You can make real money. You can become a builder or clothes designer, and other people who have other job will buy your products to make their account better.
3.) It's great for advertising! Got a website? Advertise it. (P.S., if you want to advertise a website on one of my ingame billboard just PM me here and i will stick your ad on it ingame.)
4.) The feaures are unlimited.

And you don't need a super awesome comp to make it run non-laggy. Before I have an XP with and 80gb hard drive, 512mb or RAM, a basic video card and an average processor.

IF you have a great computer it doesn't run much faster anyways. I have a Vista Premium, with 2 gigs of RAM, 360 gig harddrive, awesome video card and dual procesors and there is only slighty less lag thatn an average computer gets.

(P.S. If you want to advertise in game, PM me.) Smile
polly-gone
Oh ans Shawn is right. There is some um.... stuff in the main grid that you can see the roof of from the world map. You can turn on a setting that atoumatically makes those places invisible but anyway... the intergrid commerce thing is to have 5 regions of PG for selling and buying.
Senshida
I don't like Second Life... I play First Life, it has way better graphics, and its way more fun.

(another thing is that I don't enjoy spending money on virtual stuff, I want real stuff)
yhally
hmmm, im curious about what kind of game that is? where can i see the preview of it? ^_^
pspcoder05
I have 512 mb gfx and runs fine but its dum.
Very hard controls and the map almost
blocks the screen itself.

Had read about is in the news paper. Razz