FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dark Angel

schmidi
there is no thread about this series, so i opened one.
I have already seen the first season and it's a little bit boring.... Mad

But i'm going to watch season 2 and i hope, it will be better.
Jessica Alba plays the main character Max...

what are you thinking about this series? Let me know...
azbuky
I've seen the series some years ago and I remember I quite liked it.
Kelcey
I remember when this series was popular. Everyone (at least guys) watched it cause Jessica Alba was good lookin', haha.
TomS
The introducing movie was great. But the series were not. And watchin only because of gorgeous Jessica Alba? Rolling Eyes
There are other good series with also good looking actors.
KoiboySG1
I loved the serie. i have watched it 3 times now. season 2 was better then 1. I hate the stupid end of the serie Evil or Very Mad
codelyokogirl
I like it i thought it was cool to i like the eye sight ability
Scaramanga
Wait people are saying season 2 was better than the first?!? Are you people on crack?!?

Yeah I'll take 1st season Alba over second any day.
silverdown
I use to watch them on Scifi when they showed re-runs, i found myself laughing at the bad guys. It just funny seeing guys get there butt kicked by a tough warrior. My little sister use to pretend to be Dark Angel kinda drove me nuts. Then one Halloween she went out as Dark Angel i was like Shocked *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH* It was funny, a guy also fan of Dark Angel said out loud NO NO DON'T BEAT ME UP and everyone stared i was like OH MY GOD! Embarassed
ainieas
I used to watch it pretty regularly. Was it four/five years ago? The reason I believe is obvious - Jessica Alba Razz

It did have an abrupt ending though. Have seen worse shows draw on even after there's nothing left in the story. I think Dark Angel could have lasted longer. It should have.
Shike
Like so many good Sci Fi type shows, such as Firefly, the broadcasting companies, don't necessarily have a good handle on sci fi, so they get pushed around and cancled before they have a chance to really take off. Another good show that was canceled efore it's time was Tru Calling, but that is a discussion for another thread.

I've recently started re-watching Dark Angel and have been enjoying it. I really enjoy the socio-economical breakdown as the social backdrop to the show, it reminds me, somewhat, of Snow Crash, by neal stephensen.
Scaramanga
Shike wrote:
Like so many good Sci Fi type shows, such as Firefly, the broadcasting companies, don't necessarily have a good handle on sci fi, so they get pushed around and cancled before they have a chance to really take off. Another good show that was canceled efore it's time was Tru Calling, but that is a discussion for another thread.

I dunno, it might make an interesting topic here to discuss the similarities between Eliza Dushku and Jessica Alba in their "strong female"-type TV roles. Heck watching Dark Angel, you'd half expect it to be a Joss Whedon show.
lefou63
KoiboySG1 wrote:
I loved the serie. i have watched it 3 times now. season 2 was better then 1. I hate the stupid end of the serie Evil or Very Mad

The final season 2 is a Happy End ! It's good, Manticore Team are Free, it's good!
Shike
Scaramanga wrote:
Shike wrote:

I dunno, it might make an interesting topic here to discuss the similarities between Eliza Dushku and Jessica Alba in their "strong female"-type TV roles. Heck watching Dark Angel, you'd half expect it to be a Joss Whedon show.

While I don't disagree, in fact, I fully agree, but what I was talking about was a discussion on the shows Firefly and Tru Calling.

But, a character comparison is definately plausible for this thread.

Generally I enjoy watching tv for coming up with plots of my own (I run a D&D game) and you can pull just about anything out of good tv and movies to enhance your plots.

But for character comparison, I think the major difference between the two is that Tru had a deeper sense of honor and need to help than Max did.

(as I'm not currently at home and have my 2 yr old w/ me I have to cut this short)
divinitywolf
whats it about- i saw an advert but dont know the storyline.
can someone tell me the basic storyline of what its about without giving away anything.
ryanh2006
Wow this thread stirred up memories! I used to love Dark Angel way back when it was showing. I remember it fondly. It was a very good Sci Fi show in my opinion. It and Earth:Final Conflict. I hope that you will enjoy Season 2 more mate Very Happy
twisthigh
I used to love love love Dark Angel, it was one of my favorite shows, then again, I was like in 8th grade so yeah... I don't really remember what it's about, I know she has some like bar code thing on the back of her neck and she's this other "type" of human or something like that.
ngochao
remember when this series was popular.