FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fifth Element

ocs_chess
I just watch a bruce willis movie last day... the fifth element this movie is a sort of futuristic/comedy action movie which let me thinks what the movie really shows its audience.. compared to the new ones of bruce willis.
HDirtwater
This was one of those films that I never thought I would like, but actually did. It's not the best sci-fi movie out there, but it is quite well-done, and very entertaining.
vervaeke
My dad is Bruce Willis.

I'm just joking, he's not actually. But he looks like Bruce Willis. Bruce Willis has some fantastic movies such as Die Hard and 12 monkeys. I originally started posting this with the intention of bashing Bruce Willis but upon reflection I realize he makes great flicks. Congrats Bruce (DAD).
mina
I love Bruce Willis movies... Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies, and I used to watch it a lot whenever I got bored. Granted, it wasn't the best of movies, but I still loved it to death.

It also caused me to have a bit of a crush on Bruce Willis when I was younger... heh. *^-^*
mattchun
The girl in the movie drives me crazy!
danjoy
One of may favourite films, great sci-fi story and Milla Jovovich, what more can you want!
trumnation
That is a great movie. Even after watching many times it still captivates. Does anyone know tho when it was actually made?
Scaramanga
trumnation wrote:
That is a great movie. Even after watching many times it still captivates. Does anyone know tho when it was actually made?

Are you asking what year it was originally released? If so, 1997.
Dean_The_Great
This is a great movie! Definitely one of my favourites. I love everything from the crazy battles, the techno-opera to the weird music it makes every time something is seen mentioning or representing "the fifth element".

Favourite quotes:
"Gimme da cash!"
"Aziz, light!"
"Where'd you learn to negociate?"
VidE
I like the movie a lot, odd as it is. Humor, action, sci-fi. A bit like Spielberg on very strange drugs. Chris Tuckers' and Gary Oldmans' costumes are as good/bad as anything Liberace or John Waters could of come up with...
bluefossil
This Movie was great, It was so great, that i could withstand Chris Tuckers Constant Shrieking. I have it on Dvd and I am contemplating on buying the Blue Ray edition for it.
engeland
Scaramanga wrote:
trumnation wrote:

Are you asking what year it was originally released? If so, 1997.

Dude, come to think of it. It's actually quite old! lol. I rewatched it last year and i have to say ... it doesn't get old. Chris Tucker's hilarious Laughing
TurkishGamer
I watched it for the first time a couple of months ago and it aired quite a few times again on cable.

Its an okay movie. Not too good. Not too bad. If you have nothing better to do, its a good time waster. Chris Tuckers was quite funny though.
jayrelle
Its a pretty good movie actually, never expected that the girl would be the fifth element.plus, milla jovovich did a great job..
Blu_Spykz
A very good film, with good acting, a good cast, and a good plot.

I liked this film since I first saw it, and it suits so many genres of film fanatics

If you haven't seen it already...you've been living under a rock for 10 years.
silverdown
That movie, it was ok wasn't the best movie done by Bruce!
cavey
A classic. I have it on VHS :O
the-geek
mattchun wrote:
The girl in the movie drives me crazy!
man! its mila, mila jovovich. the cute bomb! i watched the movie many times just for her.
bigbadjohn
Very good film which seems to get better with age. Though what Chris Tucker is doing in this movie is anyones guess. Wish someone would tell him shouting at the top of his voice and pulling stupid faces is not funny. It is just loud and annoying.

Bruce Willis has actually made a lot of good films though Hudson Hawk is a real turkey, featuring some of the worst scenes ever put onto film, especially the "Talking to dolphins scene" I still cringe at the very thought of that.
scimitarmoon
I love this movie. It's been one of my favorites since it first came out. Something about the overall weirdness of it really draws me in, and I find that I really like the characters (Leeloo is awesome) even if the plot is a bit strange. Then again, I tend to like strange things.
ryanh2006
Yeah i love it too its such a weird and quirky movie. Man it has been ages since I last saw it and this post got me thinking of it. I have to rent it soon or catch it on the telly. I remember how weird and cool it all was together. great movie with tons of cool and weird moments!
arkebuzer
Dean_The_Great wrote:
This is a great movie! Definitely one of my favourites. I love everything from the crazy battles, the techno-opera to the weird music it makes every time something is seen mentioning or representing "the fifth element".

Favourite quotes:
"Gimme da cash!"
"Aziz, light!"
"Where'd you learn to negociate?"

My favourite quote, "Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass!"

That "divaīs song" is just awesome! I even have it as mobile phone signal Laughing
One of Luc Bessonīs best movies if you ask me.

More info about the movie can be found at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/
Scaramanga
arkebuzer wrote:

C'mon now, you can't really mean that, can you? You can't seriously mean you think this is better than Leon or La Femme Nikita.
arkebuzer
Scaramanga wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:

C'mon now, you can't really mean that, can you? You can't seriously mean you think this is better than Leon or La Femme Nikita.

I said one of Wink
Better than Leon? no way! Thatīs not just one of Lucīs best, Iīm allmost ready to call it one of the best I have seen... EVER!
tkGER
i could see this film a billion times and never get bored... it's just great, i love it Cool
besides... there's bruce! lol
i think i'll even go to see die hard 4.0 although i can anticipate it'll be nothing that you'll say "woooow what a movie"... and all because it's a bruce film... i'm sick, ain't i? lol
karysky
I never tire of this movie !

I always laugh at the same jokes over and over again, but it's just a great movie. The actors are good, the story is great, and the action sequences are awesome!
ainieas
I remember seeing and loving the movie a long, long time ago. Probably in 2000. I really don't know how I might feel if I see it now. I don't like to watch movies that I liked as a kid as I generally tend to hate them if I see them now.
Zaini711
Luc Besson, Bruce Willis, Gary Oldman, Milla Jovovich (married to Luc at the time), Chris Tucker (in his prime), music by Eric Serra, Gaultier's clothing. Hey, what's else to say..........
LumberJack
Love the movie. Mila is super fantastic. Are we green?
Dean_The_Great
ainieas wrote:
I remember seeing and loving the movie a long, long time ago. Probably in 2000. I really don't know how I might feel if I see it now. I don't like to watch movies that I liked as a kid as I generally tend to hate them if I see them now.

I guarantee that if you still like sci-fi at all, you will like this movie MORE now, 'cause you'll appreciate just how much more cool it is.

The whole movie is wonderful, my favourite part, no surprise here, is the Diva's Opera. Serra does a wonderful job with the music, and whoever cut that down was simply superb.

Definitely one of my favourite movies ever. Love Bruce Willis in it.
imera
I have this movie on DVD, and I watch it whenever I either feel like it or don't have anything else to do. So even if I don't see it once a month I still remember a lot of it Razz
Chris is just great, his crazy moves and look, just a great actor, and Bruce, what else can I say beside Bruce? Love his 'I don't give a crap' look that he always has Razz He is born to play a bad boy, even if he isn't that bad, just looks like it. And even if I haven't seen Milla in that many movies she is just great, action is her best category. The rest of the cast is pretty great to, Gary is just great, great to play afraid when he gets the call Razz And the music is pretty nice to, the same with the costumes and quality of the whole movie.
tijn01
Fifth Element is the only good film from Bruce Willis...
I really like this film....