FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Karma/FeedBack





Ratmaster
This could be good for the marketplace area. A mod that acts like karma, except called referrals and after someone makes a deal with someone in the marketplace the other user can make a referral on how good or bad the trade deal was.
This is like the blacklist, but people can be more frequently updated with this and it can have several categories.

The user makes a deal and pays frih$ to someone.
They go to the profile and find a link saying Refer this User.
Then they find a few fields including:
Amount Paid (textbox)
Service Received (textbox)
Satisfaction Level (dropdown)
-Very Satisfied
-Satisfied
-Okay
-Unsatisfied
-Comment (messagebox)

Or if the user was cheated, there can be a link in the profile saying "I was Cheated!!".
The user then can file a report and get their frih$ back.
MYP415
Something like this or itrader (vbull) would be good (im not sure if there is a phpbb mod for that though).
Ratmaster
There isn't. I thought there was a coder here, that is why I didn't suggest any sites to go to for mods. Karma is the most relative.

Also, this is similar to what they do at namepros.com, that's why it may have been for vBulletin.
Bondings
I'm not a fan of karma-like systems as they tend to create tensions amongst the members.
master12
That, and they tend to bring alot of idiots that are just trying to earn points by expanding their post as much as possible...

It may increase posting amounts through....
hack_man_
Perhaps not as something visible to the users though. Perhaps adding something like this would just be an automated way of notifying admins of fraudsters...
Animal
hack_man_ wrote:
Perhaps not as something visible to the users though. Perhaps adding something like this would just be an automated way of notifying admins of fraudsters...

That's what the "report" buttons are for Wink
ocalhoun
^ Add a 'scam artist' selection to report this user?
Arnie
Bondings wrote:
I'm not a fan of karma-like systems as they tend to create tensions amongst the members.
That's exactly my point of view. It creates a sort of system that you could almost call bureaucratic, including the corruption where people give eachother points as a 'deal'. I've seen these systems installed on several forums and the results are so sad that I got angry when I read this topic title.

Note to master12, Frihost already has a system that awards points for the length of posts. So-called 'karma' systems enable each user to upvote or downvote other users based on their posts. Besides, the word karma is absolutely ridiculous. I even hate the sound of it. Why not just call it 'reputation system' because that's exactly what it is. But hey, I guess it sounds interesting, less bad and more appealing when you give it some stupid exotic name?

However, the TS is not suggesting such a system, but only like what ebay has; whether someone is behaving on the marketplace or not. This would be a good idea if Frih$ were particulary useful, but as it is right now they aren't highly valued.

So yet another mod for marketplace reputations would be kind of useless and yet another load on the system. I guess the report function will do, as already mentioned.
Ratmaster
Arnie wrote:
It creates a sort of system that you could almost call bureaucratic, including the corruption where people give eachother points as a 'deal'.


Isn't that like the blacklist in the marketplace? It's okay if the karma -like thing doesn't work. But atleast try considering an "I was Cheated!" link in the profile.
Arnie
The quote above I mentioned in relation to global karma systems, not marketplace ratings like ebay has. As for that, my main point is:
Quote:
This would be a good idea if Frih$ were particulary useful, but as it is right now they aren't highly valued. So yet another mod for marketplace reputations would be kind of useless and yet another load on the system. I guess the report function will do, as already mentioned.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.