FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Final End of School

Dean_The_Great
So now, here it comes... the final end of school.

It's a bizarre phenomena, to be in the educational institution for so many years and then to be suddenly expelled into "The Real World" that we have so often heard talk of from our teachers.

After nine years of elementary school, four of high school and three of post-secondary, I'm about to embark into a world that is so much more unstructured than the normalcy of Sept to June (or April).

Also, as a performer, it adds another very unstable element.

What do you think of this situation? Something you have/are/will experienc(ed/ing/e)?
Seiji
It also scares me that my school time is going to be ending soon. Seems like yesterday I was riding the bus to elementary school. Biggest problem is that I have no clue of what college I will go too or a career choice. Its starting to become late and it just seems I'm getting more lazier. If HS was hard I'm not sure how I'm going to make it in college and after college there is the "real world". My parents won't be there to give me a lending hand anymore and I'll have to start doing things myself.
mschnell
It's a good thing that I'm only a senior next year. And that after that I get to be a super-senior since I changed my major more than once. I really don't know what life's like out of the educational system. I guess I'll just have to find out.
Vrythramax
Congratulations! You survived!

I think you'll find the "real world" can be (at times) much easier than school.

In any event, I wish you the very best of luck in however you decide to spend your life.

Peace.
vinx_18
Finally I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in INformation Technology Degree. Finally , I step on what they call the "Real World".
Macko112
Honestly, I'm scared. Being almost a senior in high school, it's scary not knowing what college you want to go to, what you want to major in, or what job you want to do for the rest of your life. I'm still a junior and I know I have another year to decide, but am I really going to gain a love for something in one year? I know I'm going to love the whole college atmosphere a whole lot more than high school, but I just wish I knew what I plan on doing there.
darrenpaul
I'm leaving School is..emm, 8 odd weeks and it will be very said to close a door on 14 years of stability. But Howinever, life moves on, you just have to encounter new things, you'll never lose the people you knew in school though, you'll always keep in touch.
seagullspirit
I don't know about your case but I'm 2 months away from graduating and I can't be happier for being over and done at once with school Very Happy
justnewbie
Finished my high school last year. Couldn't imagine five years have gone so fast, recalled memories of each area of the school. Miss our teachers and pets (yes, there are some familiar cats and dogs at our school). Miss our friends too, they will be going to other cities for colleges and universities (including me).
kazikame
I finish school for good in May. I'm pretty nervous to be honest.
Yazz
What is this real world you speak of? My world consists of unicorns, dragons, magic and giant robots.

I'm in college right now in Montreal, which is called CEGEP. Which is kinda like, the place you go after high school and before university. I started out in Pure and Applied Sciences but after 2 years of it, I'm certain it's terribly wrong for me. I've grown up with sciences my whole life, my parents both being in hardcore fields. But now I know it's not my calling. I can't follow in the family career path of engineers. I'm going to switch into English Literature. I'll aim for journalism, script-writing, and if I can eventually manage it, just a full time novelist. My dream is to direct movies, but I'm much too lazy to succeed in that. Writing movies is much more my speed.

Anyways, the real world still feels far off to me. I might have another year or two before I even get into university. And I'm brown. As in, Bengali. As in Indian. Our culture encourages children to stay at home as long as possible, and for parents to support and pay for anything the child need. I'm talking, like, 25 years old. I hope to move out or be kicked out before then.

REAL WORLD, HERE I COME AND HIDE!
Hobbit
I'm a senior too. I'm scared and anxious, but also positive and excited. I think the worst thing about this is that I'm moving to Las Vegas, and I'm going to leave all my friends behind. Hopefully I can make some new friends :'(.
Yantaal
i finished school last year after my a levels, inapprenticeship now, im all grown up...
spazbutt32
I go to school because I'm supposed to, as it were.

I've never really thought about what comes after.. and it pains me to know that in just a few short years I'll be pretty much totally without support from others.

Hope I get into college. Mad
NAJohnson
I'm still reluctantly working my way to reality, still savoring my last months of elementary. But come September, I'll be in the 4th best High School in Canada, and that, at least, is something to be grateful for. Smile
starfish2007
well I am allmost alldone college i have taken two things i have all redy finished genral arts and sience and am 3 weeks away from finishing computer programming then i think I will try tofind work but maybe not right away
hlavco
I'm in my first year of college, five hours away from home which isn't really too bad. I never feel really far away because my roommate is my friend from way back in 5th grade, and his older brother goes to school here too. I was never really stressed out about college, but that's because I was lazy and only applied to one school, and did it at the last minute. Not sure what I'll do after college, it's still too early to tell.
Vrythramax
I think this has gone on long enough. Get over it, your an adult now and try facing adult responsibilities.

This is life, we all grow, and we all move on.....mommy can't hold your hand forever.

It seems I may have been a bit harsh in closing this topic, so upon user request I will reopen the topic (see the staff does listen to you), but no spam please.
Dean_The_Great
Vrythramax wrote:
I think this has gone on long enough. Get over it, your an adult now and try facing adult responsibilities.

This is life, we all grow, and we all move on.....mommy can't hold your hand forever.

It seems I may have been a bit harsh in closing this topic, so upon user request I will reopen the topic (see the staff does listen to you), but no spam please.

Wow... no kidding on the harshness.

I was never implying independance on my mother, nor was I complaining about the situation. I was just trying to get an opinions on a life-state.

Thanks to the user who wished it to be re-opened.
Jaan
Getting out of school and living independently must be fun.
reddishblue
Dean_The_Great wrote:
Thanks to the user who wished it to be re-opened.

Your Welcome Very Happy
Davidgr1200
When you're at school you spend most of your time looking forward to leaving. When you leave you spend a lot of your time reminiscing on the good times you had at school. Many people take up evening classes and pay to learn things they could have learnt free at school. I guess it goes to show that most people are not mature enough to go to school when they are young!
Vrythramax
*sigh*....and the picture is painted as me being the bad guy once again.

@reddishblue, I am the 12th largest poster, and the current 8th richest (very soon to be 7th) Frihoster on, or of, record. Razz
jynxanims
Man. The day I walk out of college...no, HIGH SCHOOL, for that matter, its gonna be insane. 9+4 years= 13 years. 13 years of my life...getting up at nearly 5-6 am....13 years of my life, getting home Mon-Fri at 2:30-3 pm... Its gonna be insane. I often wonder, what if we knew what we had ahead of us when we were entering Kindergarten. We would bug the f*ck out. I have 13..probably more years of this?!? What happened to going to the park...etc on Tuedays at noon for picnics and going on the swings, etc... Poor Kindergarten folk...
pampoon
Vrythramax wrote:
*sigh*....and the picture is painted as me being the bad guy once again.

@reddishblue, I am the 12th largest poster, and the current 8th richest (very soon to be 7th) Frihoster on, or of, record. Razz

Oh yea? Well...

I'm 1066th for posts and 368th richest...

Smile

God bless,
Pampoon
hofodomo01
well, i still got college in front of me. not exactly the real world yet, but at least i wont have my mom nagging at me whenever i want to take a nap...
reddishblue
Vrythramax wrote:

Meh someday I'll overtake you...I just don't know how yet...and you mods only have so many posts because half of them are just -closed- posts.
Mad
Vrythramax
reddishblue wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Meh someday I'll overtake you...I just don't know how yet...and you mods only have so many posts because half of them are just -closed- posts.
Mad

try cooling your jets turbo....many have overcome staff in numbers, and we don't get anything extra for closing a topic.
Kaisonic
Good luck with that. My mom has made me too much of a "mama's boy" to really be scared for something like the real world, and I don't even know when I'm going to move out. I'm finally getting a part-time job soon, so hopefully that will kinda kick me into real-world-mode.
Hobbit
Kaisonic wrote:
Good luck with that. My mom has made me too much of a "mama's boy" to really be scared for something like the real world, and I don't even know when I'm going to move out. I'm finally getting a part-time job soon, so hopefully that will kinda kick me into real-world-mode.

It's going to be tough, hate to break it to you. Even though I'm a senior and not out in the real world yet, I do live by myself. You'll make it through.

I'm not scared anymore because I was listening to a song that motivated me.

Quote:
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
Srs2388
Not to get off the subject... I don't get this how are the schools getting out way earlier than mine!??! I still have a few weeks.
I will miss my friends though... more than likely I will still have contact with them though until I get out and still call and hang out.