FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone have any experiences with 1&1 domain registration

mikethm
Hi! I have 5 domains at various places... Yahoo Small Biz, Dot5Hosting and Netfirms... I am thinking of consolidating all the domains in one account by transfer and renewing them one shot for like 5 years.

Price wise, 1&1 seems better at $5.95 with domain privacy included. What I am concerned about is how easy it is to transfer domains away if I don't like their service and features.

Would appreciate input on this matter. Thanks.
dude_xyx
Support wise , everyone telling me they sux and you can be heard plenty of nightmare stories about 1&1. I would put all my domains there. Also i think having 2 registrars would be better than having all domains listed in same places.

you can find reviews about 1&1 in domain name forums like namepros.com
TheGustav
I have a hosting account at 1&1... They don't really have good customer support, took them near a week to answer my question and the CSR didn't bother looking into the question, but rather decided to ask me to look into it for her. O_o

They're reliable though as far as webhosting, haven't had a single problem with 'em, but that's all the advice I can offer you.
glabase
i've spoken to people who have used it - not the best service in the world. i hear the support aint too good and generally quite slow but then again they aren't the worst.
peaceninja
Not the best support, but they are perfectly fine if you really pursue them and communicate your questions clearly.
silverdown
They were not nice to me at all, i had it for 6 months it took like 2 week to process my order. There support is not the fastest/best i recommend you get a domain name and get frihost hosting it 100 million times better. I will never get 1&1 hosting ever again. The mysql databases are too small (100mb and you get like 10 for the beginner package). They also edit your account I had a CMS and they went and CHMOD my db.php file to 000 on me.