FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

younger guys and older grls

riyadh
this topic has for a long time boggled my mind. why is it looked down when a older girl goes out with a younger guy or why a girl thinks it's simply absurd when a younger guy likes or asks her out? this really ticks me off. there has been so much debate about equal rights...then why doesn't it apply to these kind of situations. yes, i knw tht some ppl do have relationships like this but they are very hard to come across especially in my country, bangladesh. i have this problem of liking older grls frm childhood. i have wanted to rid of this habit but i just can't seem to. and the hardest part is tht all the grls in our country have the problem is discussed about above. they just can't satnd the thought of going out with a younger guy. i don't knw but maybe it's becauce they will be teased upon by their friends or something else. watever it is, it is absurd. grls shouldn't open their big mouths about equal rights if they can't live up to their deal. equal rights mean equal rights frm every aspect of life. might sound crazy but tht's just how the world works.
Sadow
I think age shouldn't matter at all. Humans can like/love eachother regardless of their age. When I was younger I had a friendship with a woman (no sexual relationship nor love affair though...) who was 99 years of age. We had the same interests and I loved her as a grandmother and she loved me as a grandson. Our age difference was like 80 years, hence a sexual relationship or any sexual attraction was totally out of the question. However if a man and a woman differ like 10 years in age, then why should there be a problem. The bigger the age difference will be, the more of an issue it will become to people around you.

This rule is unwritten, but most people use it: if situations differ of what people normally consider to be 'normal', you will encounter criticism at the least.
agustin
ITS normal! I dont have more than that to say about that... no problem whit that! oF course! The love is in the air! And the one who wanna feel it... no matter the age... phisic caracteristics... nohing... We must feel the love! The love for the life!
urbanbuddha
I think the only reason why it is not as prevalent in our cultures is because of the evolutionary implications. Women are reproductively limited by the number of eggs they carry and go through menopause at approximately 50 years old. At that point, they are no longer able to reproduce. On the other hand, men are virile and capable of siring many offspring well into old age. So I suppose it's related to reproductive fitness.
Azmo
I'm with you, I like older girls.. well not alot older.. just older then me.. gives me satisfaction.. however, I live in sweden, and there is no problem here.. it's ok do go out with someone who is younger then you (talking about girls now).. just as it's ok for a guy do date younger girls.. hope you'll fix ur problem soon, we should all be happy with what we like Smile

gl!
bongoman
To some extent I think its just socially unexpected in many parts of the world, many women that I know are seem to be interested in older guys if not guys their own age. Just so we don't generalize here there is also a good women who prefer younger men. Its all just a matter of preference, as a guy I've sometimes mused with the idea of dating someone a few years older than me. It all depends on the person, and some of us like to keep our options more than others.
Azmo
so, point is.. there is nothing wrong with you just because u like older women.. it's the world that's wrong.. ok 90% of the guys prefer younger girls and same thing with the oposit sex.. so it sure is a minor.. but still perfectly normal.. go for it! you will get lucky someday! Smile
riyadh
what i have noticed with grls in my country is their big egos. if i ever approach a older grl and ask her out on a date, she will blow me off by telling me she sees me as a little brother and shouldn't go after older grls. tht really pisses me off and after a lot of situations like this, i have given up hope of dating an older grl (atleast in my country).
Azmo
so move? nothing should stop a person from living the life he wants to!
Petee
There is absolutely nothing wrong with younger guys and older girls. Several of my friend's mothers are older than their fathers.
In fact, my girlfriend is older than me. Only by a couple months, but still, she's older.
AmzLangers
This is how i feel about the situation...

I am a girl, I don't like younger guys... reasons:

they can be extreamly immature
they mostly don't have experience in the way on how to love a women.
they act like a child all the time
want things done, and creat havok with the girl all the time.

to me it's all wrong

A girl should go out with an older mand as:
Then the men are older, more mature
take hold of finances and controll due to them being older
some have done way more inrelationships so then they know how to take care of the lady

I have dated some one younger, but they hadn't known any think or at least pretended to. I don't like it because it makes me feel like a baby sitter, and not to mention a cradle snatcher. gosh.... it's just not right these days...

lol
RubySlasher
It's nothing personal, but younger guys just come off more fragile (*ahem* not as manly.) Plus they always have that higher leave/cheat rate.
supjapscrapper
Hey, I know some girls that have younger boy-friends, but not much, some 3, 4 years younger. I personnally have this "problem" of being utterly more attracted to more adult women, more mature than me, but for the girl it is unbearable to g out with a younger guy, or else she is a string woman that lives to her convictions Very Happy that means what the other say does not import much. If one has real feelings and does show them to the older woman, I do not see what it should be bad Very Happy
cavey
You like to date older women. Everybody should respect that. But no one is obligated to say yes to you.
Likewise, you should respect that the women you ask out prefer older guys or guys at their same age. That a woman doesn't like to date younger guys has absolutelly nothing to do with equal rights. (Equel rights = no one can say no to a date with you?) I am sure the same women also reject older guys they don't want to date.
I'm sure you reject younger girls who asks you out, too.
starfish2007
agustin wrote:
ITS normal! I dont have more than that to say about that... no problem whit that! oF course! The love is in the air! And the one who wanna feel it... no matter the age... phisic caracteristics... nohing... We must feel the love! The love for the life!
riyadh
see AmzLangers, grls think tht younger guys can be immature but the truth is all guys are immature at some point. just go to a fun filled place and it brings out the child in all of us. and about experience..if u date a guy who's like 24 and the grl is like maybe 26...then i don't see why the guy will not have any experience. tht's absurd! who doesn't want things done. some ppl just want it done right away and some ppl are patient.

And RubySlasher, younger guys doesn't equal higer leave/cheat rate. it varies from person to person. i knw i will never cheat on my girlfriend or leave for the smallest of reasons. i had this girlfriend who was cheating on me and to get out of the relationship, she found the smallest of reasons to break up with me. oh yes, she also accused me of cheating on her. how absurd!!!
SlugDragon
This school year (I'm a junior), most of my friends have been seniors in the International Baccalaurreate Program, something that is supposed to be for the 'elite' of the high schoolers in the county (don't get me started on how much I hate how condescending it makes most of them). The relevancy is that most of the relationship experience I've had is with girls a year older than me.

I'm not saying I've dated a lot of 'em, as I'm VERY timid when it comes to females (I ahte it, I miss opporotunities when I'm out on dates, if I manage to scrounge up enough guts to even ask them on a date), but in our more in-depth talks, I've found that before I missed my opporotunities to ask the girls out (due to things like pissing them off to an extreme [whole other story], their relationship status being changed before I can do anything about it, or just waiting too long for their comfort), they WOULD ahve agreed if I'd have asked.

The thing that I've found out about relationships this school year is that age really doesn't matter much at all (at my age, at least), as often times relationships are made due to personality and actions, not your parents action of getting busy too early.
TomS
AmzLangers wrote:

Yes, that's what many girls say. they CAN as also girls CAN be. And you can't know it from only knowing the age.

Quote:

But you have? Or you just want to have a "teacher"? If everybody wanted a more experienced partner, no one would get one.

Quote:

Define "acting like a child". People do crazy things, when they're in love. You not?

Quote:
want things done,

That's why you begin. To have it done, after a while.

Quote:
and creat havok with the girl all the time.

Create it with the girl, or create it in the girl's life? Do you know what chaos you girls create sometimes only by existing?

Quote:

Who wanted to be independent from the men's finances? Right. The women.

Quote:
some have done way more inrelationships so then they know how to take care of the lady

Everybody must collect experience. Tell the boys, what you want, to get it faster.

Quote:
I have dated some one younger, but they hadn't known any think or at least pretended to.

Bad luck. Look, sometimes it's the same for me, too. But the other way round. There are only few girls in my age, you can talk about more sophisticated topics with.

But I give everyone a try (or two Wink ). You should, too.
Girl's that talk like that criticize boys being immature because they attend only the look of a girl, but then they do exactly the same, by only attending a boy's age. Now tell me, is the boys' behaviour more immature than the girls?

All my girlfriends until that point were older than me. They were mature enough to not only attend my age, but me as a whole, a human being who's in love.
bassman
My roommate is a 22-year-old and he's dating a 62-year-old. I think that's a little bit too much of a difference. Now, he seems to be happy, but he's also in a place in his life where he doesn't want a family or anything. I think for any kind of huge age gap like that to work, the couple has to realize that it's either not a permanent thing, or that it has to stay the way it is. Obviously, there can never be a family with that kind of a relationship- even a marriage is pushing it. I have to admit that I really was weirded out by the whole thing at first, but you get used to the idea- and the thing is, as long as they make each other happy and it works for them, I don't think it's such a big deal. They understand it's a little bit strange at social gatherings and they work around it. They do the best they can and make it work, so what's wrong with that?
pollux1er
riyadh wrote:
this topic has for a long time boggled my mind. why is it looked down when a older girl goes out with a younger guy or why a girl thinks it's simply absurd when a younger guy likes or asks her out? this really ticks me off. there has been so much debate about equal rights...then why doesn't it apply to these kind of situations. yes, i knw tht some ppl do have relationships like this but they are very hard to come across especially in my country, bangladesh. i have this problem of liking older grls frm childhood. i have wanted to rid of this habit but i just can't seem to. and the hardest part is tht all the grls in our country have the problem is discussed about above. they just can't satnd the thought of going out with a younger guy. i don't knw but maybe it's becauce they will be teased upon by their friends or something else. watever it is, it is absurd. grls shouldn't open their big mouths about equal rights if they can't live up to their deal. equal rights mean equal rights frm every aspect of life. might sound crazy but tht's just how the world works.

Same thing for me. Of course in my country too, it's not so a scandal to go out with a girl older than the guy.

Me too, i missed the love of my life because i was blocked on this habit. But i realised that for some men it is a problem. Because of our way to think of our relationship with girls. Most of the men want to dominate they girl. That's the way it is. So don't think a lot on this subject and let life tell you who you should live with.
Aiz
I do agree with AmzLangers to a point.

A lot of young guys are immature, but not all. (I personally know a few guys who are a year or two younger than me but I feel like they are the older ones, while some other guys who are older than me feel like they are still not out of their pre-teen stage.) So, I guess it's more a result of stereotyping, since young guys = immature is widely accepted, especially by women.

Also, I guess the reason why older guys and younger girls (say 10 years difference) is ok, but the other way around is not is that, that's what the society has been built on. It HAS been a male dominated world up until not very long ago, and women were married off young to suitable/accomplished men, most of which were older, and it was a happy then for the women's family. It's hard to use a few decades to fight thousands of years of tradition.

I guess it's sorta the same idea with guys have to be the taller ones. Men were expected to be the more "successful" ones in the pair, and one pretty common thought is, it takes time to be successful, so younger guys can't be. Even now, many women look for security in a match, and older men give off the feeling a lot more so than younger ones. It can't really be helped.

But there have been a surprisingly elevated focus on older women younger men relationships in Asian media. So I guess one could take it as an indicator that things are changing, if only slowly. =/
greenwoodmonkey
My theory is that the older the women is the more she is looking for support that she feels that she cannot get from a younger man...

Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, but it seems the majority of YMOW relationships are based upon her either being fully able to support both or he being in such a position (at a relatively early age) to support her...

Its not just financial though, there are emotional dependencies that older women just don't feel they can get from younger guys, they often think that they are just after another notch on the bed post and the back slapping they will get from "bagging a MILF" from their mates in the bar...

I've been in a relationship or two with older women and found they just didn't work out past the initial lust period because of her insecurities about being seen out with a younger man and what people would be thinking... it kinda worked both ways as well though because there was a certain amount of joking from my friends about it that after (short) while really started to get on my nerves.

I'm currently in a serious relationship with a women who is only a few months older than me, but still she has doubts as to how long I will "stick around" given her previous relationships had failed due to infidelity that she attributes to all guys under 45. We're both 30 and very much in love, but she still has moments where she feels I could move on, this is also down to the fact that we both live in Bangkok and there is no shortage of younger attractive women who are looking for an older "farang" to look after them regardless of how they look, her previous relationships had failed due to the fact her ex's couldn't resist these temptations and would conform to the Thai society standards that permits and almost encourages guys to stray from the nest...

When you live in a country where if you pay money or no phone numbers are exchanged it isn't really classed as cheating you can see why some women here have no trust for men be it younger, same age or older, thier own race or foriegn...

It seems perfectly acceptable that men can date and marry (MUCH) younger women and nobody really says anything, but this is certainly not the case for the opposite... and it is about time it changed..

My feeling is if you like someone enough to not think about ages then you should just go with the flow, take the slings and arrows of those that are (more than likely) jealous of your relationship and just go for it..... it it works you will be another statistic and soon forgotton to live your lives, if it doesn't.. well you might have learned a few tricks along the way that will help you keep the next one...
Chris24
When I was 20 I was dating a woman who was 33. We got along great there were no issues. The sex was great, the talk was the same. But, the ultimate reason we broke up is she was looking for marriage and children and I just wasn't ready to make that big of a commitment at 20 years old.

And no my friends did not see anything wrong with this, nor did her friends (at least that I knew of). If you have two people who are not into playing head games or worry about what other people think it can work
greenwoodmonkey
Chris24 wrote:
If you have two people who are not into playing head
games or worry about what other people think it can work

I think that applies with all relationships.
jenice
I don't have a problem with it, except for my own personal experiences. I was the older woman to a younger guy once. It was hell on me simply because that difference in age left a bitter aftertaste for me. He had a different world view and didn't take some things as serious as I did. He was, to put it in simple terms, immature.

That's not to say that all younger partners in that type of relationship will have the same issues. It could be the exact opposite of that.

Generally speaking though, at least in terms of experience, there's a difference there that creates a bit of a hurdle for those in the relationship to get past.
cp4vp
Not to stereotype, but older girls are usually more mature than younger guys. For example, a 16 year old girl is usually more mature than a 16 year old guy. Imagine adding an age difference to this equation; it equals disaster. Usually the girl is embarissed as a result.
sopetite
Its because of the notion that younger guys are immature compared to older girls. Aren't girls more mature to guys their ages? Then you're allowing a younger dude to court you, it's like letting a disaster happen. It's not really the girl's fault if she's extremely wary. There's nothing more annoying than having a guy choose basketball or playing the play station with his friends than having to go out with his girl.

Ahaha. I'm not being mean. I'm with a younger guy right now. And he's ALL RIGHT. Its just that i'm speaking from experience
pollux1er
sopetite wrote:
Its because of the notion that younger guys are immature compared to older girls. Aren't girls more mature to guys their ages? Then you're allowing a younger dude to court you, it's like letting a disaster happen. It's not really the girl's fault if she's extremely wary. There's nothing more annoying than having a guy choose basketball or playing the play station with his friends than having to go out with his girl.

Ahaha. I'm not being mean. I'm with a younger guy right now. And he's ALL RIGHT. Its just that i'm speaking from experience

You speak like a girl aged 22 at least. Am I wrong?
benjmd
I think we should sort out a few facts here:

Girls on average mature *physically* earlier than boys.

Because physical maturation includes brain maturation, through the adolescent years it can be expected that girls on average would have earlier development in cognition than boys.

Most people are on the same developmental page by about 20. So then the gender difference in maturity disappears.

Lots of people never grow up or don't grow up quite right. There are lots of 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70 year olds who are dumb or can't deal with their emotions responsibly.

I think the only major issue in two people being different ages in a relationship is life stage, and for most working adults aged 22-55 the variety in life stage is rather small.
pollux1er
benjmd wrote:
I think we should sort out a few facts here:

Girls on average mature *physically* earlier than boys.

Because physical maturation includes brain maturation,

Not Automatically!
sopetite
pollux1er wrote:
sopetite wrote:

Not really. Smile

I'm only 19. The thing is I've been with younger and older guys. Here's they thing. It really does differ, A LOT, and I absolutely DO NOT like it when people do prejudice against women who have relationships with younger men, and vice versa. WHY? Because I've been with older guys and I can vouch that two out of three were quite immature. I've been with two guys who are quite younger and the youngest guy who I'm with right now (a year younger than I am) is quite responsible and honest. He's quite "mature" compared to the older men who came before him in my life.

Honestly although age is a part of what you shoould consider, I rather advice a girl to choose not just because of age. It's not logical or fair.
evilryu530
i think it's awesome, young bucks pounding older milfs or what not, especially if they have money, it's sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on.........it's ok for older men to date younger girls right???? same shiet then....
prole
TomS wrote:
AmzLangers wrote:

Yes, that's what many girls say. they CAN as also girls CAN be. And you can't know it from only knowing the age.

Quote:

But you have? Or you just want to have a "teacher"? If everybody wanted a more experienced partner, no one would get one.

Quote:

Define "acting like a child". People do crazy things, when they're in love. You not?

Quote:
want things done,

That's why you begin. To have it done, after a while.

Quote:
and creat havok with the girl all the time.

Create it with the girl, or create it in the girl's life? Do you know what chaos you girls create sometimes only by existing?

Quote:

Who wanted to be independent from the men's finances? Right. The women.

Quote:

Everybody must collect experience. Tell the boys, what you want, to get it faster.

*Thumbs up* Surprised
Med365
I am 15 and my girlfriend will be 17 on november... We are in love, I really love her and she really loves me... Our relation is stable and there is no problem with that little age difference Wink
windrei
what's the matter of the woman is elder than a man..... ??!? if you really fall in love with someone, you don't care what's his/her age, right ? Do not think too deeply and too far about the cultural and social thoughts. This relationship is only for you 2, only exists between 2 of you. When you have too many concerns, this love has already changed. Once you 2 think it's not a problem, who can say anything ? And, if you 2 are really under pressure from families and the society, just leave where you are now. Go to a more open country and do what you like.
jenice
windrei wrote:
what's the matter of the woman is elder than a man..... ??!? if you really fall in love with someone, you don't care what's his/her age, right ? Do not think too deeply and too far about the cultural and social thoughts. This relationship is only for you 2, only exists between 2 of you. When you have too many concerns, this love has already changed. Once you 2 think it's not a problem, who can say anything ? And, if you 2 are really under pressure from families and the society, just leave where you are now. Go to a more open country and do what you like.

I don't quite think that's what some people are getting at. It's not always about societal and cultural pressures about dating someone younger than yourself.

Sometimes it's only about the differences between you that can erode the trust between you. Sometimes the basic goals in life can be so vastly different that the love between you can't compensate for it.
Med365
I think windrei is right, age doesn't matter, only love does and I don't have any problem in my situation, I'm very young and her too, 2 years is a so little age difference that I never feel that difference when I am with her, maybe that's because both of us are much mature for our age (I say that sincerly).
pollux1er
Med365 wrote:
I think windrei is right, age doesn't matter, only love does and I don't have any problem in my situation, I'm very young and her too, 2 years is a so little age difference that I never feel that difference when I am with her, maybe that's because both of us are much mature for our age (I say that sincerly).

It depends of the maturity of the both. Because, a boy can be younger and mature enough for a girl older than him.
supjapscrapper
I have always liked older girld, soöetimes a lot older, like 30 year old women while I was still a teenager. Of course I also liked younger girls, but I just seemed to have this habit of liking girls which other guys didn't even consider, because they were older... I have at first thought that as a teenager hormones were just playing crazy in my mind or that I had some oedipus complex ... I just smile now... older women just attract me more through their distinction, their stance and the sheer sex-appeal of women that they spray Very Happy
blackheart
Well, where I am it's uncommon, but not looked down on. A friend of mine is 16 and in year 11, and her boyfriend is 15 and in year 10.

I think the reason is that traditionally the man is the provider and protecter of the female, and traditionally the older the male the stronger and/or more respected he becomes. And conversely, the younger the female the weaker and more helpless in contrast.

(Note I said traditionally, things are changing. Society is slowly moving on).

That, and when it comes to younger coupels, say 25 and under, it's a proven fact that girls mature at an earlier age. Hence when dating someone their own age, they are already dating someone less mature than they are, so to date someone younger is taking an even bigger step down psychologically.

It's all about perception anyway, and depends on the individual - but in general that's why men are often the elder partner.
ExplicitRyan
I think that age doesn't matter most of the time.
It's about experience.
But lets say a grade 10 dates a grade 12. The grade 12 moves onto college or university and the 10 moves to grade 11. College and university change people A LOT. They become more organized and mature, they have goals in life that they're trying to acomplish. In the end it'll drive the two apart.
blackheart
ExplicitRyan wrote:

But lets say a grade 10 dates a grade 12. The grade 12 moves onto college or university and the 10 moves to grade 11. College and university change people A LOT. They become more organized and mature, they have goals in life that they're trying to acomplish. In the end it'll drive the two apart.

Here year 12 can actually be a lot harder than university... and if you haven't already developped the motivation and maturity by year 12 then you mayn't get the scores to get into uni.

In fact, if year 10 and year 12 are working out, you'll definitely get through the Uni transition.

That, and it's just not neccessarily. Some coupels just are.
wadja-host
hey yall i like older girls much even if some dont like younger guys well my reasons are ;

They are better behaved
They know when you are hurt and can control their attitude
They are more loving and caring

and most of all they are lie mom cos they are older but better still the are he best

well that dont mean i dont date yournger girls they same too

but the concept of older gilrs not dating younger girls is a result of the behaviour of the guy u knwo immature guys dating a girl older the girl will be pissed off and relations like that dont last a day

Very Happy

soon they will be asking

Question is your boyfriend

ans ; i dumped him

hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bluedoll
Personally I don't think age is that important factor in determining relationship commitments or even dating. What is important to me are all the things that will make it a good one and sometimes with young people the things we find attractive are just not present however that is not a rule just sometimes a charactristic.

It does vary from person to person and I really think the focus should be on compatibility not on overall issues like equal rights. I sometimes like to talk about issues in general, my viewpoints on them, about what I think and feel about things. Don't really think I would like to called a "big mouth" for doing so!

Rolling Eyes

Hope this helps in some way.
pollux1er
sopetite wrote:
pollux1er wrote:
sopetite wrote:

Not really. Smile

I'm only 19. The thing is I've been with younger and older guys. Here's they thing. It really does differ, A LOT, and I absolutely DO NOT like it when people do prejudice against women who have relationships with younger men, and vice versa. WHY? Because I've been with older guys and I can vouch that two out of three were quite immature. I've been with two guys who are quite younger and the youngest guy who I'm with right now (a year younger than I am) is quite responsible and honest. He's quite "mature" compared to the older men who came before him in my life.

Honestly although age is a part of what you shoould consider, I rather advice a girl to choose not just because of age. It's not logical or fair.

I entirely agree with this advice sopetite. And we all noticed that it does depend of the personality of both the couple's actors are looking for in each other.
andysart380
my girlfriend is older than me and shes perfectly happy with that
pollux1er
andysart380 wrote:
my girlfriend is older than me and shes perfectly happy with that

I am happy for you. Me too I dated a girl older than me. But at that time, I was having another conception of girls and boys relationship. That is why I didn't accept it myself. She too she didn't accept it. But for now my opinion has changed about the age. But she is already with another boy nad has a baby now.

I hope you are going to make a long way with your girlfriend... Good luck Wink
RubySlasher
First off, this topic is about a year old. (Who bumped it?!)

Second of all, despite me initially saying that younger guys were weak, I am now with a guy a year younger than me, and he's a lot tougher and more loving than I ever imagined any guy could be. What an odd turn of events.
Jamestf347
Just because Physical Maturity Happens, doesn't neccesarily mean Mental Maturity Has To Happen. But since sooo many people think that way, it's thinking the guy is too immature for the older girl in some cases true, But some cases the girl is immature even when they are older. Also, One thing I don't get is Usually they think the older guy will course the younger girl to do "stuff". But Like the older girl doesn't do the same thing to the younger guy? Just More Likely the guy will say yeah to those things. It's nothing really Against either gender, it's just some people think the guys do the bad things. But if all that really doesn't matter to the couple, who should it matter to?
Melacos
Yea, as already partly stated by other posts, the basic reason why the coupling-pattern is as described, would be an issue stemming from our evolutionary heritage. Simple put, young women are deemed fertile and relatively older men, secure and stable.
This said, the possibility of overriding this is definitely there, as proved by numerous couples out there (I know some myself:). Having a society such as ours (in this case Denmark), is itself a part of this overriding, as we're no longer THAT dependent on the core family being the only secure fix point in our lives. Thus relationships can be regarded a somewhat different institution now, than what it was somewhere in the past...
skimox
i dated three older females and i have found that although it is sweet , it is not what the society accepts as a norm, because all it does is say that you are immature and so need someone mature enough to help you grow up.
mattyj
a majority of my girlfriends have been a few years younger than me, but once i hooked up with a 34yo when i was 21

we saw each other a few times, but her friends and my friends both looked down on it because of the age so we broke up
azoundria
The bigger question is...

If people are bothered by what you are doing and you aren't, why should it matter?

If those people tease or condemn you for it, their problem not yours.

And as for not being old enough, you'll grow. (Then you'll be too old for something else, and yeah the world sucks not going to lie.)
iyepes
Here in my country the majority of couples are same age of men older. I think it's cultural, even it's socially acceptable, usually people gosip about women wiht younger couples, saying they are "paying" for them. Men usually are entitled of the same with younger women, but somehow in the culture is acceptable that a woman can be "maintain" by a man, but the contrary is not totally accepted.

In my personal experience, I prefer dating men my age, but I wouldn't discard men younger than me. Specially because most men on my age are already married, so I prefer a single younger.

However, You have a risk dating younger, you grow old faster than them, and you could find yourself being changed by a youger.... woman.
Shaw
Point taken...I wasn't trying to make a judgement call, but rather just making an observation. I was wondering if it's a social trend.

I've also seen posts on here and other sites where women complain about older guys hitting on them at bars. Just wondering if the dating scene is changing in Boston.

Make Your Wife Hot: My Blog
babarus
Smile Shocked