FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you believe in God

abhiz
Do you beleive in God.
Sometime it just make me feel life is meaning less here and there is no after.
livilou
Yes, I believe in God. My belief in Him is an intregal part of my life. God is my best friend. I realize He already knows all, but I can tell Him things that I can't tell anyone else. I talk to Him just like I would talk to you. It's a comfort to know He's there listening to me and willing to help.

I know some of you are reading this and think I'm crazy for believing in something with no physical proof of His existence, but I've never needed physical proof. He's done to much for me to ever doubt in Him.
abhiz
I accept your acceptance in God.
But the way the world has been going on I just find it has Commercialized the very existence of GoD
Azmo
I respect ur personal belives and opinions, but I dont belive in God, I belive that if there ever was a God, he have left earth a long time ago. Don't get angry or upset about this, it's just what I belive so no offence given, and tbh, u cant prove me wrong either Smile
stone1343
abhiz wrote:
Do you believe in God.
Sometime it just make me feel life is meaning less here and there is no after.

I agree with you, except for the word "meaningless". I think the meaning of life is to be as good a person as you can be. Reject violence, treat everybody with respect, and respect the earth.

In terms of preparing you for an afterlife, yes it is "meaningless".
{name here}
Logically, there should be some sort of architect to at least get the Universe started, and so I believe that there is some omnipotent being out there, but the problem is who created him? The universe and theology are the biggest paradox out there.
loryl
I do not believe in a supreme entity (be it called God, Allah, or whatever). He (or she) doesn't have his place in this world. There was no Garden of Eden. No one lives in the sky/heavens (if someone does, the airline industry will have some major apologizing to do). There were no showers of bread, eldest sons in every Egyptian households do not just drop dead, and rivers do not spontaneously turn bloody.

As a human creation, however, the concept of a "God" exists in bibles, churches, and the minds of many believers.

Have you ever thought that perhaps God didn't create us, but we, through our imaginative minds, created God?
Shike
I believe in the Divine. I don't believe in the christian idea of god, but I do believe in "gods" or the divine. I believe that there are powerful forces that can affect the world in great ways.

Personally I am slowly walking the druidic path and as such I venerate Brigit, the goddess of healing, bardcraft and smithcraft.
Macko112
I am agnostic right now, meaning I believe that the existence of a god is unknown and unknowable. This is definitely different from atheist. I don't reject the existence of a god, but rather reject that we could possible know whether one exists or not.

I grew up Christian all my life. It's just as you grow up and learn things such as biology, dinosaurs, cavemen, evolution, you start to doubt. The church definitely doesn't help either. All a church does is try and sculpt the model citizen. My friend going through Catholic confirmation received a pamphlet with a list of sins on it. One was that graffiti is a sin because it is stealing nature's beauty. That's a bit of a stretch. If the Christian God did exist, I think you could make a better connection through one-on-one than through the church. Hell, the head pastor's of my old church daughters are two of the most promiscuous girls at my school. Church isn't necessary to build a relationship with God.

I also believe some items in the Bible are far fetched. And I know some of you might say (and I also would say) "yea well the Bible has be rewritten a lot of times in the early days and probably had stuff added or dropped from it. Not everything in it is true." But then again, who are you to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you want to believe?

Some people say they have been 'touched' by God and they know he exists. In a world and universe based on rationality, evidence, and reason, I can't truly believe in a God unless he speaks to me while I'm conscious.
Also a note to Christians. Please don't try to push your beliefs on others. It's annoying. If people deny God, by telling them 'he is real' and 'the Bible is His word because God says its His word which we know because the Bible says its His word.' People who rely on evidence aren't going to change their minds because of your personal experiences either.

I truly believe that if God existed, I would not go to Hell if I died. I'm more moral than a lot of 'Christians.' Certainly the omnipotent being could see all the reason of why I would doubt him. He certainly can't expect me to believe in him because of one book written thousands of years ago.
The Conspirator
No, there is no God. God is an ancient myth created to explain things that they could not explain.

Quote:
logically, there should be some sort of architect to at least get the Universe started,

Not really. There doesn't have to be a "beginning" and if everything happens by natural processes then the beginning of the known universe would have started by natural processes.
{name here}
The Conspirator wrote:
No, there is no God. God is an ancient myth created to explain things that they could not explain.

Quote:
logically, there should be some sort of architect to at least get the Universe started,

Not really. There doesn't have to be a "beginning" and if everything happens by natural processes then the beginning of the known universe would have started by natural processes.

Now, I don't believe whetstone on many issues, but for some reason I do feel slightly inclined agree with him here.
http://whygodexists.ytmnd.com/
The difference between I and whetstone is that I believe that God created the universe for its entertainment, and I believe God does not interfere with our lives just like we do not interfere with what is happening on a television broadcast.
Soulfire
I believe in God. There must be something else out there, something superior, something all-knowing - God. It's the only answer that makes sense.

If I took apart a watch and threw all the pieces in the air - what are the chances that the watch would land perfectly assembled and working?

Why, in my opinion, there is no chance.

By that same logic - do you think that the universe - stars, planets, orbits, etc. all landed in the perfect way they are just by accident? By some mere mistake of nature? It seems to me the existence of no God is quite more illogical and unfounded than the existence of God.

But that's only my opinion, and one reason that I have my opinion.
The Conspirator
Soulfire wrote:
By that same logic - do you think that the universe - stars, planets, orbits, etc. all landed in the perfect way they are just by accident? By some mere mistake of nature? It seems to me the existence of no God is quite more illogical and unfounded than the existence of God.

Well, no, think about it this way. Hypothetically, under a certain conditions, something happens on a sub atomic scale that releases an immense amount of energy. The condition would depend on random subatomic events and the events happening in the right way to cause the event. The event would be rare, very rare but if the universe is infinite, (has no beginning and no end and goes on forever) it dose not matter how rare the event is it will happen. Even if it takes a hundred to the hundred trillion, trillion, trillionth power, years.

And before any one says "it couldn't have happened by chance" just thing about the chances that that sperm and that egg cell coming together to make you.
divinitywolf
Its possible. Anythings possible.
maybe he does and maybe he doesnt but even if he doesnt, it still gives many people meaning in life and a warmth of a guiding love.
Shike
Sometimes proof isn't necessary. Personally, I have felt the divine, but I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, as it is my interpretation of particular events. So I have the "proof" that I need to believe.

May i ask a question?

Is it possible to prove that the divine does not exist? I don't think it is. Scientifically you can't prove it either way. (in my opinion)
Macko112
No, you can't prove it either way. But if someone I tell you that theres a One Eyed One Horn Flying Purple People Eater orbiting planet Xenon, you're going to assume I'm wrong unless I prove it, or write a big book about it...

Quote:
By that same logic - do you think that the universe - stars, planets, orbits, etc. all landed in the perfect way they are just by accident?

What do you mean the perfect way they are? I didn't know stars landed in a perfect way. I haven't noticed a pattern of stars every 2 lightyears apart. They are created in a spot so they stay in that spot. No one strategically placed them there.

Quote:
If I took apart a watch and threw all the pieces in the air - what are the chances that the watch would land perfectly assembled and working?

That is in no way related to the universe. The universe it the creation of tons of subatomic particles following the laws of physics. They don't combine because they WANT to or they FEEL like it, its science. They aren't formed by chance, they are the result of something.
allhopedeleted
I believe in something watching us but not god, I don't like the idea of religion
Shike
allhopedeleted wrote:
I believe in something watching us but not god, I don't like the idea of religion

There is a difference between religion and belief.

Religion is an organized system of belief and thought that guides an individuals beliefs. Unfortunately for most they are one in the same. I describe myself as druidic, but in reality my beliefs are different than most anyone else's that says they are a druid.
eggg
If there is a being which preceded and created the universe, then I am incapable of believing in it. In that situation, I'd be no more than a part of that deity, and my opinion would be based only the small part of that deity of which I, in my small knowledge, was aware. I know I am a tiny part of something so large that no human can comprehend it, or teach me about it.
rfarrand
Heck yes I believe in God

i believe in one true God and that either our souls are condemned to Hell or if we believe in God and that Jesus died for our sins and live for Him then our souls will sit with God and be with Him for ever and ever. I think we feel our souls everyday. What do you think that is, telling you that something is right or wrong. i believe that those are our souls and God telling us, giving us the morals we have or come to have in our lives.

Honestly what is to lose by believing in God, even if you are in doubt? what do you have to lose other then death after death instead of life after death...i think that would more then anything make me believe more. i don't want to go to Hell forever and ever...that would suck
LimpFish
I absolutely and fully believe in God! I just came back from a trip as a volunteer/missionary for seven months, and I've seen God move in mine and many other's lives like never before! For me the creation in itself is also a big testimony that there is a God. Logically, I cannot get it together that all this would be a big, random bang... doesn't make sense to me at all.
tijn01
If you knew what life was worth you would look for yours on earth.
Heaven is here on earth.
If we spent less time looking to ancient men and the sky for answers the earth would have more meaning to us and would be a much nicer place to live.
I believe in the god, the energy, I see in the energy of every living being I encounter.
divinitywolf
I think God could or could not exist. maybe he did create everything and the bible is true but then again maybe science has the answer to how the world started or maybe they're both wrong!
Bru, stuffce
There is no God.

There is certainly no reason for a thinking being to believe in a god, and quite the reverse since the evidence for the contrary is not counter to logic.

There is no reason for God to exist, so I find assuming it’s existence an exercise in futility akin to hypothesizing how many hippos gave their dung to fuel the sun.

Nevertheless, belief in God seems to please some people and keep them happy, so a decision to believe is not an exercise in futility for those people. In fact I see no downside until those people start acting on those around them who have no such belief.

And divinitywolf there is no way the Bible could be literally true for so many reasons, but primarily because it contradicts itself. Two statements that contradict each other cannot both be true and an argument that contains two such statements must be false.
divinitywolf
i didn't mean that it could be literally true but you never know. Just because there isn't a reason for something to exist doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I mean i bet there are things on this planet that have no reason to be there. We don't have to exist. Theres no reason for humans to exist. We cause more bad than good and therefore the planet would be better off without us. God might exist. Seeing isn't nessacarily beliveing. I bet there are a lot of things in the universe that we might no be able to see, sense or feel but that doesnt mean they're not there. So you can't just say one thing or another. God may or may not exist. I depends on opinion and i doubt anyone knows for sure whether he does or not.
Shike
Just because you do not believe in the divine doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And just because I believe in the divine means it exists. The belief is what's important. You believe in science (for whatever reasons you choose to state, it's provable nature, logic, etc.) I also believe that science is accurate, and describes what it describes. But, I also believe in a supernatural force that binds us all and binds us to the earth (if only people would take care of the earth, but that is a discussion for another topic.).
Macbeth
Im a Pagan so I believe in mutliple gods and goddesses....

But in general terms yes, yes I do believe in a higher power/s
Bru, stuffce
divinitywolf wrote:
i didn't mean that it could be literally true but you never know.

I know what you mean. It could be accurate in principle, or it could be an histirical rewriting of some facts mixed with some mysticism or it could be crap. We will never know.

By the way, I love your avatar.
BlogmasterPg
Great 3D! Mmmmhhh... to belive or not to belive... I belive in .. What? in God? In Soul? in nature? in me? In love?, or more: in science ( or in men that makes this science?)... I believe.. I belive in my dreams.. Just century ago, the australia habitants belived in theirs dreams. They belived MORe in theirs dreams than in the reality... God.. In my language, God is "DIO", and the 1st person singular I, is "IO". Well: if you play a little 'joke' in holy bible, in italian language and replace DIo with Io: in english GOD with I, you can image, you can think that Prophets that has wrote the holy bible when told "God speaks to me" they wants to say that, after to do a "vision", or in east religions by meditation , have had a revelation "that..bla, bla,,". In their times they had must to said that God speaks to their, but, in effect it's only a self-revelation by a good meditation. OK, this is my think about the religion and "churchs" in general, but... Few years ago I have had a very revelation: I 'feel a soul. I think the soul is not only a word. It exist. In science the 70% of universe is heide. We can see the 10%, the 20%is anti-materia and the 70% ... we don't know. (There are scientist's words). When i hear these words i have a flash: all about i belive are coming likes a true for all the world! Fantastic! (Now: you can scuse me, but english is not my 1st language) I hope to be easy understand for you. Bye-bye, BlogmasterPg