FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpbb and phpMyadmin

Possum
Hi

Some jerk has made multiple posts on my forum. Is there a way I can get ride of all post from that person. Cold I use phpMyAdmin to do this..

any advice on how to deal with this sort of thing appreciated..

cheers Possum..
vaughands
The only way I can think of is

A. Ban Him
B. IP Ban Him
C. Hand Destroy Them

All of the above and add E-mail registering to help with Spam Bots.
Hobbit
I'm pretty sure you can but I don't know how. I've also had problems with spambots.
rohan2kool
away frm home.. so don't have the database handy. but all u need to do is note down the user name, and the user id of the spambot. you can do it by looking under the 'users' table of ur phpBB database [by default it'd have the prefix 'phbb_'].

then, check which database stores the posts made by users. Assuming it to be phpbb_posts, run the query:

Code:

DELETE FROM phpbb_posts WHERE poster_id = [user_id here]

also, u need to delete the posts from phpbb_posts_text, they contain all the text of the posts. in that case, don't run the query above. instead, use a SELECT * FROM phpbb_posts WHERE poster_id = [user_id here] statement in place of the DELETE statement. Run it from php, get an array. from the array get the post_id's of the posts made by the spambot and then delete those from phpbb_posts_text.
cosmain7
spamsbot can be stopped. I used to have them on my site, but I installed lots of mods and they just got the sh*&&t away.so, add mods to your forum.