FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comments please :)...changes made!

apple
Am working on it....so let me know what you all think and how I can improve it.

www.shadesandtones.com

thanks, apple
wumingsden
apple wrote:
Am working on it....so let me know what you all think and how I can improve it.

www.shadesandtones.com

apple

I really like the image on the front page. However, I think I would add a >>>next>>> button to let the visitor know that the image is going to be changed. Would also be good if the button actually changed the image too.

I don't have a problem with this compared to the page your taken to when you click "Enter". The url is horrible. It is named index0.html. I would maybe call it something like main.html or site.html instead, but that is just my opinion.

Overall I like the site design, it's very simple. However, in FF the page is off centre, which therefore shows a lot of white space on the RHS. I don't like the black background for the nav buttons but this maybe just me.

It's a shame you only ship in the caribbean. It may be useful to use a shopping cart implemented into the site. Not only can it take care of payments but it also provide order forms and will be a lot easier and look more profesional
Insanity
I agree with the above post about the splash image; you can either change it so that the animation goes faster or make some sort of sign that it's going to change.

As for your site, you might want to try to organize the layout a bit more. Everything looks sort of haphazardly placed.
GB
I think you have a good start here, but it has a ways to go before it becomes a viable product. Here are a few ways I would improve your site:

1. Take off the splash screen. I know a lot of people here are okay with it as long as it moves faster, but I would rather see this information on the real homepage. I think it is important, but if I hadn't gotten a phone call, I would have just clicked "enter" and never seen that it had more content. I would rather see the steps to ordering clearly laid out on the front page (no animation) with a clear button or link to get started.

2. I believe that the site needs to look more professional. Right now, it has no unified design, and looks more like a less than reputable site. No offense intended, but I just want to illustrate that investing some in the look and feel of your site will pay off. To get some ideas, visit some sites that offer similar services such as Zazzle or CafePress.

3. The content needs to be king. Although the look and feel of the site needs to be improved, content needs to be the focus. Right now I find the site very confusing. (For example, I thought "gallery" would be more of your shirt designs like those featured on the real homepage.) Like I said earlier, I'd like to see the order steps clearly laid out in easy to understand terms. Perhaps you could make three squares, each one with a picture of what you are to do and some descriptive, well written text underneath. As for other content, maybe you could feature some designs that other people have gotten printed. Of course you would need to get their permission otherwise you could be sued for copywrite infringement (at least here in the States), but it could be a neat idea.

4. Prices: $100 for a tee shirt!??? That seems a little excessive. Maybe you need to be more clear. Is it really $100 for 1 tee shirt? Right now that is my impression. Another question in my mind is "What is the $65 special and why is it special?" I can't really find out information about this so see number 3 above.

5. What you're doing right: I really like the name of the site, Shades and Tones. It has that island feel that I think you're going for. I also like the idea. The world needs more of these stores and people really like them. Feature your product and establish something that makes you special and go for it!
apple
Thank you for taking the time to comment thus far...

wumingsden...I will change the url to main.html as you suggested Smile
what does FF stand for?
Shopping cart? I'll look into it, the problem is for me to set one up I most likely will be required to have a US banking account, which I don't.
Can you recommend a cart?

Insanity....I myself find the layout to be a bit confusing, I will work on it.

GB....I'll work on the splash screen. I also checked out the sites you recommended, thanks. As for the content I do have all our lines and original designs to add to the site.
lol....you had me laughing hard when I read your comments about the prices. Note next to the $100 there is a (TT) $100 Trinidad and Tobago dollars is just about $16 US...Do you still think it's expensive?
Thank you for your words of encouragement, I appreciate it a lot.

apple.
wumingsden
apple wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to comment thus far...

wumingsden...I will change the url to main.html as you suggested Smile
what does FF stand for?
Shopping cart? I'll look into it, the problem is for me to set one up I most likely will be required to have a US banking account, which I don't.
Can you recommend a cart?

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I appreciate it a lot.

apple.

FF = firefox, a broswer like IE (but better).

There are any shopping carts around. Most About the currency, most out there support Paypal. Is it possible to setup a paypal account that you can use instead?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=shopping+cart&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
apple
wumingsden
as far as I see I can't have a paypal account because of my location. So am a bit stuck now. And to have that type of shopping cart/ecommerce put into a website on this island costs tooooooo much!

By the way...I made some changes to the site.

apple
apple
I took some of the suggestions given and made some changes. Could you all comment now please?

Thanks a lot....apple
aningbo
looks prettty simple. dont know what kinda comments to give cuz its very simple and well coded.
apple
aningbo wrote:
looks prettty simple. dont know what kinda comments to give cuz its very simple and well coded.

Thanks Very Happy