FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I've Setup a Radio Station :D

thepolicecops
Heres the link for it

http://thepolicecops.listen2myradio.com

I know it looks crappy n all but as soon as I get my free hosting, BINGO!
arkebuzer
That΄s pretty cool, havent heard of anyone doing that before really.
Must be a lot of work though Surprised

Good luck with it Smile
Magicman
Never actually worked for me when I went to it and your windows media player playlist file is missing. Good luck getting this all set up and working correctly.
xorcist
Just to let you know I used listen2myradio a lot of times in the past its good if you have a little bit of listeners, the radio doesn't play all of the time, there is ads all over the place and you have to be on that site to hear the radio.
TheGustav
I had a radio thing like that once. Smile It's neat, nobody really listened though! But it sure kept me occupied for a few days.
matliw
Private radio is a neat thing, I agree. But maintaing it and building up a decent audience is another matter. Not to mention some royalties for broadcasting music. But making a talk radio is really hard unless one has a lot of talkative friends who don't go berserk by soliloquying.
I toyed with shoutcast software recently and there is a way to enable your listeners to call you on air! I didn't know about it. Neat. Smile
thepolicecops
Thats what i'm puzzled on, just getting a good enough audience is the hardest thing. And i'm sorta shy of talking on the phone and in public, so its a bit of a pickle when I try to talk on radio. Btw, im only 15.
thepolicecops
thepolicecops wrote:
Thats what i'm puzzled on, just getting a good enough audience is the hardest thing. And i'm sorta shy of talking on the phone and in public, so its a bit of a pickle when I try to talk on radio. Btw, im only 15.
Well, not that much the phone.. Cos ive just used all my minutes lol Razz
matliw
Well if that's true you're so shy it's gonna be difficult. But hey, radio is a nice way of conveying things without having to actually meet anybody. A good way of practicing is recording yourself talking. You can easily spot what mistakes you've made and with time you can become quite an experienced speaker.
On the other hand it requires a lot of distance to oneself Smile.
When I was 15 (or more) I actually had some experience at a regular radio station. Its totally another pair of shoes. Making a decent radio show requires lots of preparation - what 'decent' means i leave to you.
just-in
Good job man...
thepolicecops
Very Happy The final site is done, now i need a place to put the mini radio player. The radio is still running at http://thepolicecops.listen2myradio.com. The website URL is: http://tpc.frih.net